Does 1.2 mean i can play a jedi now?

MyForceIsInYou

Since i started playing iv really wanted to play a jedi guardian, but could never get passed the not having hoodless heavy armor and not wanting to wear trooper armor.

Now that 1.2 is in do i have options now? Can i finally play my guardian?

Short Answer: Yes.

Long Answer: No.

If your asking if any changes have been made with regard to selectively displaying your hood up or down, then no, nothing has changed. The robes with a hood up are unchanged, the robes with the hood down are unchanged, and there's no way to alter the display.

If your asking if any changes have been made with regard to selectively displaying your hood up or down, then no, nothing has changed. The robes with a hood up are unchanged, the robes with the hood down are unchanged, and there's no way to alter the display.

Actually you can, if you wear certain goggles on the JK, the hood is removed from the robes.

Actually you can, if you wear certain goggles on the JK, the hood is removed from the robes.

As of 1.2, this makes your character completely bald!

There are a few more options for hoodless armor (I'm personally loving the chest piece from the Legacy vendor), but there's still no hood toggle, and the hood models have been changed to look sillier than ever.

Are there any hoodless orange gear i could use? I figured with being able to pull mods from armor and mailing cross-faction there would be a orange chest somewhere i could get my hands on.
There are a few, but the selection is extremely limited and not necessarily readily available. Additionally, finding something on a cross-faction alt and mailing it won't work. The appearance of items alter to reflect the faction of the character that wears them.

You can get a medium armor vest, called the Aspiring Knight's Vest. Unless you are playing a Guardian tank, the armor loss is no big deal. Even in case you are a tank, it's pretty negligible.

It's the same model as the one Master Orgus Din wears or the one you can get for Tython commendations of the vendor. I've been using it since about level 20.

Since i started playing iv really wanted to play a jedi guardian, but could never get passed the not having hoodless heavy armor and not wanting to wear trooper armor.

Now that 1.2 is in do i have options now? Can i finally play my guardian?

Yes.

Play a Twil'lek Jedi.

You can wear any heavy armour you want and the hood disappears as to not interfere with your Lekku.

I'm currently playing a hoodless Twil'lek Guardian and it's wonderful.

Alodar :)

Yeah, I am one of the MANY Jedi Knight players who are waiting for BioWare to implement the hood down option.

In fairness, it affects Consulars as well, at least in the beginning of the game.

Consulars get some very nice looking robes, but can't put the hood down on those either.

But I agree, the issue impacts JKs more, just because 97% of our armor is hood up.

I guess we have the option of looking exactly the same as Troopers, Trooper Companions, Corso Riggs and Qyzen Fess and donning Republic Special Forces armor...

;)

As of 1.2, this makes your character completely bald!

There are a few more options for hoodless armor (I'm personally loving the chest piece from the Legacy vendor), but there's still no hood toggle, and the hood models have been changed to look sillier than ever.

I know lol, I just noticed that. My toon is bald but with huge sideburns.

I opened a bug ticket.