Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

8,354 HeatSeeker Missile in PvP!

DkSharktooth

Screenshot or it didn't happen? http://i.imgur.com/bthcb.jpg

Rakata power adrenal and Battle master power relic were used.

This was an actual hit for once and not an overkill, hitting a 16k+ hp sniper, who obviously was a PvE Hero.

Small update:

In a raid with 4 Tracer Missile Mercs Yesterday(4/18): Heatseeker missile, with cooldowns popped, critting around 13-14k

In a raid with 4 Tracer Missile Mercs Today(4/19): Heatseeker missile, with cooldowns popped, critting around 4.4-5k

It must be April fools day in texas, because they sure got me there.

"Heatseeker Missile: This ability will now only gain extra damage from your additional stacks of Heat Signatures and will not incorrectly detect debuffs from other players."

Edited by DkSharktooth

I think Heatseeker should have its CD reduced what about you gais?

Actually, I don't think it needs a reduced cd, just a buffed crit chance. I am having issues critting at all with it and I feel like a level 40 in a level 50 battleground. 3x tracer missiles for 1k dmg don't crit, then 1 in 5 heatseeker missiles crit, then unload doesn't work on tanks or assasins, then back to 1k tracer missiles.

Seriously, 1 in 5 heatseeker missiles is now a crit. I am in full Battlemasters gear, with power surge / crit surge enhancements about to get my Warhero weapon.

I hit a sage for 8601 with 1130 expertise with attack adrenal + champion crit/surge relic.

sadly..dmg wasn't saved after the wz ended :"[

Nice, looks like i'll have to top that.

BTW, screenshot or it didnt happen ^^

Edited by DkSharktooth

I hit a sage for 8601 with 1130 expertise with attack adrenal + champion crit/surge relic.

sadly..dmg wasn't saved after the wz ended :"[

it wont show up as your biggest hit unless that player had that exact amount of health or more. for example if you hit for 9k but the player only had 5k life left it will show up as a 5k hit

i always run ACT in the background so it's very easy to capture those big hits even if they are overkill. too bad my biggest hit as a powertech was 5900, took a fresh 50 down quick lol.

Don't worry about arsenal mercs as a PT. Just interrupt tracer missile and u'll never have to worry about heatseeker missile.

The crit chance of heatseeker missile in full BM gear seems to be [1 in 4]. When it doesn't crit, it's 1.8k-2k dmg, which is laughable. It can only crit 8k+ on full PvE geared players.

Don't worry about arsenal mercs as a PT. Just interrupt tracer missile and u'll never have to worry about heatseeker missile.

The crit chance of heatseeker missile in full BM gear seems to be [1 in 4]. When it doesn't crit, it's 1.8k-2k dmg, which is laughable. It can only crit 8k+ on full PvE geared players.

You think tracer is what you have to interrupt - when it is actually only a filler ability and one of our lowest damaging abilities.

Go ahead though, interrupt my tracer missile so I can get a full unload channel off or a fusion missile (which hits harder and applies an aoe dot btw) or even start working on a burst with electro dart, instant cast fusion, tracer (will be back up from the interrupt by then and you won't be able to interrupt again yet) and heatseeker. making you take a ton of damage in a short period of time.

People have always way overestimated tracer missile and think that if you interrupt it the mercenary won't be able to do anything. heatseeker can be cast without tracer missile, and any mercenary worth a crap is going to have 35%+ crit on their gear from re-modding anyways.

Again, keep interrupting my lowest damaging ability and letting me get my big ones off. Thanks!

Edited by Wekeltes

You think tracer is what you have to interrupt - when it is actually only a filler ability and one of our lowest damaging abilities.

Go ahead though, interrupt my tracer missile so I can get a full unload channel off or a fusion missile (which hits harder and applies an aoe dot btw) or even start working on a burst with electro dart, instant cast fusion, tracer (will be back up from the interrupt by then and you won't be able to interrupt again yet) and heatseeker. making you take a ton of damage in a short period of time.

People have always way overestimated tracer missile and think that if you interrupt it the mercenary won't be able to do anything. heatseeker can be cast without tracer missile, and any mercenary worth a crap is going to have 35%+ crit on their gear from re-modding anyways.

Again, keep interrupting my lowest damaging ability and letting me get my big ones off. Thanks!

Every arsenal will cast 3 of them or try to do so. If you interrupt, stun, pull, carbonize, interrupt, you can eliminate an arsenal merc from casting. Obviously, we have options when interrupted, but against a PT or any dps who knows what they are doing, you need your 3 stacks of tracers to do max dmg on HSM and unload and RS. FM is 33 heat, nobody wants to use that, i'd rather instant cast TM unless its an AE situation.

Edited by Wekeltes

Every arsenal will cast 3 of them or try to do so. If you interrupt, stun, pull, carbonize, interrupt, you can eliminate an arsenal merc from casting. Obviously, we have options when interrupted, but against a PT or any dps who knows what they are doing, you need your 3 stacks of tracers to do max dmg on HSM and unload and RS. FM is 33 heat, nobody wants to use that, i'd rather instant cast TM unless its an AE situation.

yes we would like to open with 3 missiles but once interrupted all the other abilities are still there... you will have a delay around the lenght of a GCD for them to realize the cast didnt go off and then follow the rest of the rotation... people overvalue TM...

it is our filler shot, and a debuff shot, it is not our damage shot.

So based on patch notes today guessing these high damage HS's were entirely a bug?

yeah so our dps went down the drain again. played pvp for 3hrs after patch and our damage sucks now. time to reroll a marauder/senti then lol.

yeah so our dps went down the drain again. played pvp for 3hrs after patch and our damage sucks now. time to reroll a marauder/senti then lol.

really?

what were you doing stacking with 4 other BH's to exploit the super damage from 4 sets of debuffs?

if you did any testing in a group where you were the only BH, or if you did any testing on the training dummies then those numbers are UNAFECTED

this was a bug, and one that needed to be fixed

"the sky is falling"

really?

what were you doing stacking with 4 other BH's to exploit the super damage from 4 sets of debuffs?

if you did any testing in a group where you were the only BH, or if you did any testing on the training dummies then those numbers are UNAFECTED

"the sky is falling"

i still can manage the pvp since i can utilize all the other skills and can top medal rankings also.

really?

"the sky is falling"

You'd think so, but that's a damn lie. THEY HAVE BEEN EFFECTED. Proof is right here. I have 2 parses, a 10 minute one, from pre "fix" and n 8 minute one, I just did. Same gear. Look at the min, max and average for DEMO ROUND (aka HSM). Just look.

http://www.fryingtime.com/?filename=combat_2012-04-18_15_33_45_359219.txt#17_40_14_819000

http://www.torparse.com/a/7362

I dont know what else to say. A discrepency of 100-500 would be justifiable to RNG, 1200, now that has some explaining to do.

Edited by Glorionn

You know the thing you've most likely not read about in your talents.. that stacks from getting 3x tracers up on your target.. yeah it's important for various reasons.

So interrupting tracers/gravs is highly vital.

Unload is white damage, which is prone to accuracy and even a healer sorc will deflect some of it with their emo glow stick.

Edited by Wekeltes

You'd think so, but that's a damn lie. THEY HAVE BEEN EFFECTED. Proof is right here. I have 2 parses, a 10 minute one, from pre "fix" and n 8 minute one, I just did. Same gear. Look at the min, max and average for DEMO ROUND (aka HSM). Just look.

http://www.fryingtime.com/?filename=combat_2012-04-18_15_33_45_359219.txt#17_40_14_819000

http://www.torparse.com/a/7362

I dont know what else to say. A discrepency of 100-500 would be justifiable to RNG, 1200, now that has some explaining to do.

yes I am not in game at the moment and did not know that the "fix" was really a "break" because our OWN buffs also no longer apply.

To any I have angered or offended I apologize.

You know the thing you've most likely not read about in your talents.. that stacks from getting 3x tracers up on your target.. yeah it's important for various reasons.

So interrupting tracers/gravs is highly vital.

Unload is white damage, which is prone to accuracy and even a healer sorc will deflect some of it with their emo glow stick.

I'm going to say you really don't know what you are talking about.

the stacks are armor pen only (minus heatseeker dmg bonus). Only useful vs a tank for the most part - you are going to hit anybody else for max damage almost anyways. It does help, but not as much as you would think.

Unload and rail shot are both ranged (white) damage, but if you are smart and have 100%+ ranged accuracy? Guess what, no more deflection lol (except maybe an offhand deflect here and there).

Interrupting tracers is not highly vital. I'm more pissed when someone interrupts my unload than I am tracer - unload is a much longer cooldown and channeled. Not only that but it hits for more than twice what you would hit for with tracer missile. The only thing it does is prevent me from getting a stack of the debuff up, and in PVP I only tracer twice anyways, the third one isn't worth it.

Next?

Edited by Wekeltes

I'm going to say you really don't know what you are talking about.

the stacks are armor pen only (minus heatseeker dmg bonus). Only useful vs a tank for the most part - you are going to hit anybody else for max damage almost anyways. It does help, but not as much as you would think.

Unload and rail shot are both ranged (white) damage, but if you are smart and have 100%+ ranged accuracy? Guess what, no more deflection lol (except maybe an offhand deflect here and there).

Interrupting tracers is not highly vital. I'm more pissed when someone interrupts my unload than I am tracer - unload is a much longer cooldown and channeled. Not only that but it hits for more than twice what you would hit for with tracer missile. The only thing it does is prevent me from getting a stack of the debuff up, and in PVP I only tracer twice anyways, the third one isn't worth it.

Next?

Everything arsenal has procs off tracer. *** are you talking about? Seriously. Are you just trying to fool noobs into interrupting the wrong ability?

Seriously, things on a long cooldown shouldnt be interrupted, because by definition you arent locking anything out that doesnt lock out itself via cooldown.

I dont know if youre just really dumb or very new, but i suggest you learn a lot more before you come on the forums pretending like you know what youre talking about.

-Drizzle v68 full BM full rakata ex healer, arsenal merc

-Trizzle v58 champ full rakata assassin darkness

-Tray v40 immortal jugg, rakata recruit gear

Small update:

In a raid with 4 Tracer Missile Mercs Yesterday: Heatseeker missile, with cooldowns popped, critting around 13-14k

In a raid with 4 Tracer Missile Mercs Today: Heatseeker missile, with cooldowns popped, critting around 4.4-5k

It must be April fools day in texas, because they sure got me there.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.