"lol"

"LOL"

Forums:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sad I took the temporary antidote, I didnt realize blowing up would give me 5 dna samples. I let my alt die over and over as I have tokens and pets to buy

FYI I LOVE LOVE LOVE this event, please do more in the future

Here ya go!

I can understand the OP's point of view. I came from the early days of gaming where your character dying meant a lot more than a simple DP or XP loss, so I have it ingrained in me that I don't want any of my characters dying, regardless of the cause or lack of penalty. That being said, that's why I create alts to test out content first, and hence will farm this as much as I can while my mains stay nice and safe in Limboland and reap the benefits.

BJ

In SWTOR, on Harbinger:

"LOL. u exploded"

"yeah, all over ya"

"im sick. how do I stop this?"

"vaccine"

"vaccine buddy"

"so expensive"

"here have one"

"lol hes got like 20"

"so many people near the vault"

"thnx"

"lol how many did you get?"

"HEY JOSH"

"I keep getting sick in WZ!"

"so blow up on imps"

"lol"

"LOL"

Forums:

Grrr.. you just made me spit my coffee all over my new backlight keyboard..... darn you to hell :D

LOL!!!!!!!! How the hell are they griefing you?

It has what, a 3-5 meter radius?

You have major visuals to determine who is infected.

You can avoid them...or embrace it and reap the rewards.

Or you can continue to be grumpy and hate everything.

The choice is yours.

Warzones aren't all that easy to discover things like that, all a enemy has to do is stealth and walk up to you.

Many changes are expected. Adding something like a "survival tax" is not and should not be.

Then exactly what are repair costs?

Oh...I think it's a death tax.

There is a "tax" to list things on the GTN....a "tax" to swap mods in and out.

Such is gaming life.

I applaud them for giving people an out to the plague, they didn't have to put a cure in at all.

Hate it if you want, which you clearly do.

But you have options that you refuse to acknowledge are there. It's just not the options YOU want.

It's your way or the highway, and you seem to feel that your opinion is the only valid one.

Have fun with that.

This is an entirely irrelevant argument, and a red herring, if for no other reason than that mobs were always understood to be a fundamental part of the game.

You seem unable to reply to my argument and are resorting to clear distortions.

Your argument is noted.

Unfortunately, plagues don't listen to arguments.

Never mind. You're talking about a L45 Boss, not even flashpoint material. That's even sadder, because if you get out there and explode, it's not even going to bother anyone else and you rez on the spot for zero repair costs.

And I got long past respecting anything except your persistence in getting attention via this epic whinefest. I'd be playing on SWTOR instead, but as I'm not at home, I'm amused by watching you thrash about thinking that because a small number of people like yourself are displeased, the event is a bad one for the game.

Here's the fallacy. You cannot please everyone. Your complaint has been noted and despite your multiple, endless posts has no further impact other than proving you like to complain. I respected your initial complaint. I find your repeated attempts to extend it beyond any resonable shred of usefulness irritating, then worthy only of using for target practice. It's an easy skeet. You said your piece, now play or don't play, but the plague isn't going away- and I'm thankful that your character info isn't attached to your profile, because otherwise you'd probably have troll-baters chasing after you anywhere they saw you, just to explode in your face. And while I find your repeated commentary irritating, feel free to keep going. It's just long past doing anything other than generating an endless storm of irritated players trying to make sure you don't end up ruining what is a fun event for most with your commentary.

People like YOU mean people like ME have to keep a stream of commentary up just to make sure that Bioware doesn't think that you're the moral majority and panic-button ending things like Blizzard did for the Wrath world event.

Short form: You want to talk about griefing? You're trying to grief my event fun. Stop it.

Unless it has been patched, if you die against that boss, you return to the base and must start the entire thing over again. It's a significant irritation. It's also considered by many who have played a lot of toons, if you search around, to be the hardest enemy in the game, short of 16 man raid bosses.

In any case, its perfectly fine to agree to disagree, but remember: this is a thread started by a person who does not like the plague. It is OUR thread to continue to discuss in as we please. If you do not like it or are sick of it, it is up to you to leave it, not us.

Well as my thread got closed (hadn't seen this one).

I'm happy that you are doing an event, and want you to keep doing so.

I am unhappy that you railroad/force people into the event with the disease thing, events should be optional in participation not forced on you.

I'm running around TRYING to get infected on my character if I'm not already. It's easy you go into the pile of people on the fleet or you go out and let a rakghoul beat on you.

What I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around at this point is.... how hard is it to not get infected and how detrimental to your gameplay cold it possibly be when you are?

I could come up with a decent sized list of things way more crucial to this games sucess than changing the mechanic of immersive new content.

Edited by Nakazia

It's not the same as a nerf. I expect nerfs. This is very different.

Sorry, I don't follow. You're objecting to something that "changes how you play the game". I am saying: It's temporary and will go away soon(ish).

Maybe this is the problem, you weren't expecting this, change bothers you and so you're upset. But then...why do you "expect nerfs"?`That's change and, speaking for myself of course, nerfs can have a much MUCH MUCH bigger impact.

I guess I just can't follow your line of thinking so I'll say this and let you be:

I am sorry that this has upset you so. I realise it's frustrating especially in light of how positively received it seems to be overall. I honestly (no snark here) think you might need to reassess MMOs for you if change, especially a temporary one like an event which has a finite time frame and can pretty much be avoided (yes, it can cost some credits but I gather you're relatively high level?) is bothering you to this extent.

It's a game, it's not worth getting freaked out over. Plenty of decent MMOs that don't have world events (meh).

Go well.

Sorry, I don't follow. You're objecting to something that "changes how you play the game". I am saying: It's temporary and will go away soon(ish).

Maybe this is the problem, you weren't expecting this, change bothers you and so you're upset. But then...why do you "expect nerfs"?`That's change and, speaking for myself of course, nerfs can have a much MUCH MUCH bigger impact.

I guess I just can't follow your line of thinking so I'll say this and let you be:

I am sorry that this has upset you so. I realise it's frustrating especially in light of how positively received it seems to be overall. I honestly (no snark here) think you might need to reassess MMOs for you if change, especially a temporary one like an event which has a finite time frame and can pretty much be avoided (yes, it can cost some credits but I gather you're relatively high level?) is bothering you to this extent.

It's a game, it's not worth getting freaked out over. Plenty of decent MMOs that don't have world events (meh).

Go well.

A nerf changes the effectiveness of a character or playstyle, while a fundamental change in the game makes the character entirely different, for example. If they made the Jedi Knight a blaster carrier, for instance, this would be a tad problematic. Similar idea to what I'm trying to say.

I find the plague hilarious. Sure, it's not as good as the WotLK plague- I wish you actually went FFA as a rakghoul when you exploded, THAT would be fun. Still- the entire thing is amusing.

Heaven forbid we have an infectious plague that acts like a plague in game, amirite?

In any case, its perfectly fine to agree to disagree, but remember: this is a thread started by a person who does not like the plague. It is OUR thread to continue to discuss in as we please. If you do not like it or are sick of it, it is up to you to leave it, not us.

You are not discussing you are telling us and Bioware you dislike it cos you dont wanna pay the 2k get out of jail free cost... or its made it far to laggy etc etc etc... That is not discussion that is ME,ME,ME,ME I want it my way or I leave the game....

I load into the Fleet, and a whole bunch of people are standing at the load in spot, infecting everyone, who goes to the Fleet, and it cost 2k for the stim, to remove it for 6 hours. If this is a joke, it isn't funny, and its a little late, from april fools day.

I will not be paying, to play a game, that forces stupid stuff like this on players.

Please remove this, if you want to continue to have me, as a customer.

Some like it, but i think its completely out of line.

This is the thread OP - - Where is this... discussion you speak of ?? :confused:

I see nothing but childish ME,EM,ME demands....

Edited by Bloodstealer

I am enjoying the event!!!

Our guild did all the quests last night together and the 3 World Event bosses. A lot of fun. I hope we see more events like this soon. Maybe even more planets infected.

:csw_tattooine:

Edited by Rhysling

Anyone who complains about events like these, are the people who ruin MMOs.

Don't play a bloody MMO if you don't like stuff that can affect you without you knowing and nerd rage less.

You also make a profit getting affected...

I want a living world when I play an MMO, not some boring static world that you whiners seem to want, go back to your single player game please.

Edited by Tekkoclarky

LOL!!!!!!!! How the hell are they griefing you?
Standing on highly trafficked areas so that they're unavoidable.

traveling to tython to infect sub-level 5 characters that have no way of opting out.

etc

You can avoid them...
No, I really can't. I'm pretty sure that I can't even log in without getting infected.

embrace it and reap the rewards.
I don't have any interest in any of the rewards; none of them appeal to me.

Or you can continue to be grumpy
I'm not grumpy about anything
and hate everything.
Nah, I'll stick to just disliking the fact that they added an event that encourages griefing... that's a far cry from "everything" Edited by ferroz

I don't see why this is such a big deal. You get infected, 20 minutes later, you explode, collect 5 DNA fragments. Sell said 5 DNA fragments for 10k each, buy 5 vaccines. Problem solved.

Or don't by the 5 vaccines, and get 100k credits every 40 minutes.

It's free credits. :eek:

I don't see why this is such a big deal. You get infected, 20 minutes later, you explode, collect 5 DNA fragments. Sell said 5 DNA fragments for 10k each, buy 5 vaccines. Problem solved.

Or don't by the 5 vaccines, and get 100k credits every 40 minutes.

It's free credits. :eek:

Quoting for the whiners.