A Healer view on 1.2 (Thoughts not QQ)

Misaki-chan

Before you read this I would like you to know this is only my views and opinion on the current state of 1.2 pvp from a sage healers point of view nothing else.... Different classes all see things one way or another =), That and English isn't my main so please get past it if theres a few mistakes here.

I would like to first off point out that, Yes i do understand that healers did need to be fine tuned before 1.2. That being said were here in 1.2 now and I see healers saying things about healing not being good enough in its Current state. Needless to say, I have a problem with this. It's not that healing itself isn't good enough.... It's seeing how quickly people die even with me healing them. I see people die within 2-3 gcds when I can pump

out 800+k healing in a wz ... Well in my eyes i see no point in doing that healing if it has almost zero impact on a person being able to live. I see this patch as more of a zerg fest style game play (I thought it was a bit zergy before with the way resolve worked before to be honest now its just over the top.)

Reverse side is - I see a lot of people who think this patch is much better due to the fact they say people could never die before. This is where in my opinion it comes down to what style pvp you prefer, I can say I honestly don't enjoy fights at the current state of the game. I've also seen things like it takes higher skill because people can kill each other much easier now. Maybe that could be a case, but in my honest opinion if the fights were slightly longer where crowd control actually means more than is his movement impairing / stun removal cd off cooldown or not to score a kill.

So i guess i want to say that I sort of sit in the middle of everything...Where I believe that Pre 1.2 healers were slightly to good and did need some fine tuning in how some things worked (In my case I did think sages energy regen source was far to good) and the overall pace was most likely to slow when a healer had guards, etc. Now we have what I think is almost the polar opposite of before where people drop much to fast and DPS has become to a role where you start to think...Why even bring a healer when a dps would be of more use in his place.

For my final thoughts I guess i just really wanted to say I don't think 1.2's problem is really healing in itself, I believe that the (pace of combat i want to say?) is just to fast in its current state to a point where healing has to little of an effect on how fast someone dies.

So i just want to ask others around here if they see it this way or even how you think it is (maybe you think its perfect now?) Tell me why.

I'm curious to see real thoughts instead of just angry posts to each other

--Handchoi from wound in the force

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Healers needed tweaks, the required ones have not been done.

There should be a balance between all 3, and obviously there is none.

Operative > Sorc > Merc, and that's why :

- Operative has its HoT and good IH

- Sorc has its bubble, standard heals and above average AoE heal

- Merc has been nerfed on the passive healing side (kolto barrier) and still has a limited AoE heal

All in all, what I've seen is they did the exact opposite of what should have been done, but I've not played heal sorc at 50 so I don't know how relevant their nerf was.

If the 3 healers are supposed to be in a warzone team, then all is fine, but it's rarely the case simply because killing is way easier than keeping alive.

Healers needed tweaks, the required ones have not been done.

There should be a balance between all 3, and obviously there is none.

Operative > Sorc > Merc, and that's why :

- Operative has its HoT and good IH

- Sorc has its bubble, standard heals and above average AoE heal

- Merc has been nerfed on the passive healing side (kolto barrier) and still has a limited AoE heal

All in all, what I've seen is they did the exact opposite of what should have been done, but I've not played heal sorc at 50 so I don't know how relevant their nerf was.

If the 3 healers are supposed to be in a warzone team, then all is fine, but it's rarely the case simply because killing is way easier than keeping alive.

Hm I'm not to sure about the balance between the 3, I always figured they each had there own strong points. I just think this would have all gone a lot better had the damage been scaled maybe (slightly up?) but to the point where the amount of damage being done isn't as quickly as it is now. Edited by Misaki-chan

You should have adapted to the speed by now.
mmmmm i think you misunderstand me, I have no problems adapting. That being said it doesn't mean ill find enjoyment in its current state. I guess this style isn't my cup of tea you could say.

I remained as a seer after the patch although I was a little nervous with the changes especially casting times as deliverence was my main output. I noticed a few of the other sages that were healers before have now changed to damage dealing. At first I was thinking - what is my role in warzones now? Do we need healers? People do drop far quicker than before and even with me healing them its very hard to keep them alive. Should we be able to keep our team mates alive if three other players are focussed on them?

Before 1.2, I was being constantly focussed down by the opposing team as the priority before they would tackle the damage dealers. After the patch I am not being focussed down straight away as much. Maybe this is because damage dealers are posing too much of an immediate threat that needs to be taken out first.

I managed to get to battlemaster rank a week or so before the patch and only managed to get the lightsabre before the patch was implemented. The begin with I started feeling squishy in my champion gear but now I have a few more pieces of battlemaster gear, I feel more robust in warzones. I just wish that even though the champion gear is no longer available they could have updated the expertise stat on the existing sets. Took me a while to get that full set and now the expertise gap is quite obvious especially now that healing no longer benefits as much from it.

My own personal opinion is that my seer still has a role in warzones. I am adapting my healing to try and suit the changes. I am using salvation alot more than I used to and it is suited to alot of the warzones. I may not be able to keep my team mates alive indefinately but i can keep them alive that little bit longer to inflict more damage. If I become the target I try and lure them away from the main group because I know I probably won't last but I might as well try and take them out of the main fight for as long as possible (especially if i manage to cast a few slows as well).

I appreciate people are having issues with medals but on a bad match I can still manage to get over 4 medals. I am finding that I am now winning alot more matches than I did before the patch - although this could be because player populations have been boosted and my team is going up against players who have been out of the pvp loop for a while. I appreciate that random pugs going up against premades and people constantly leaving a losing group creates problems.

TL;DR - I am adpating my healing style and know things will improve with better gear and more practice.

Edited by Delvianseek

Healing tuned down = awesome. Heals were too strong, ppl weren't dying fast enough, hence the bandaid timed doors in WZs.

Heals should make a difference, not make or break encounters.

Hm so you think the current pace isn't zergy at all?

OP, I agree with most everything you've said. It's definitely too zergy right now. I believe the healing nerfs were needed, but the burt damage available in 1.2 wasn't. The healing/dmg balance is out of whack.

Before you read this I would like you to know this is only my views and opinion on the current state of 1.2 pvp from a sage healers point of view nothing else.... Different classes all see things one way or another =), That and English isn't my main so please get past it if theres a few mistakes here.

I would like to first off point out that, Yes i do understand that healers did need to be fine tuned before 1.2. That being said were here in 1.2 now and I see healers saying things about healing not being good enough in its Current state. Needless to say, I have a problem with this. It's not that healing itself isn't good enough.... It's seeing how quickly people die even with me healing them. I see people die within 2-3 gcds when I can pump

out 800+k healing in a wz ... Well in my eyes i see no point in doing that healing if it has almost zero impact on a person being able to live. I see this patch as more of a zerg fest style game play (I thought it was a bit zergy before with the way resolve worked before to be honest now its just over the top.)

Reverse side is - I see a lot of people who think this patch is much better due to the fact they say people could never die before. This is where in my opinion it comes down to what style pvp you prefer, I can say I honestly don't enjoy fights at the current state of the game. I've also seen things like it takes higher skill because people can kill each other much easier now. Maybe that could be a case, but in my honest opinion if the fights were slightly longer where crowd control actually means more than is his movement impairing / stun removal cd off cooldown or not to score a kill.

So i guess i want to say that I sort of sit in the middle of everything...Where I believe that Pre 1.2 healers were slightly to good and did need some fine tuning in how some things worked (In my case I did think sages energy regen source was far to good) and the overall pace was most likely to slow when a healer had guards, etc. Now we have what I think is almost the polar opposite of before where people drop much to fast and DPS has become to a role where you start to think...Why even bring a healer when a dps would be of more use in his place.

For my final thoughts I guess i just really wanted to say I don't think 1.2's problem is really healing in itself, I believe that the (pace of combat i want to say?) is just to fast in its current state to a point where healing has to little of an effect on how fast someone dies.

So i just want to ask others around here if they see it this way or even how you think it is (maybe you think its perfect now?) Tell me why.

I'm curious to see real thoughts instead of just angry posts to each other

--Handchoi from wound in the force

You have good English :) Nice use of slang - you don't seem like your vocabulary came straight out of a text book.

My thoughts on healing - and I think this is what you are kinda saying too:

Basically, in some matches, people with roughly equal expertise will kill the target you are healing very quickly when it is only 1v1.

In other words, if you have a teammate who you are healing, and an enemy comes up and starts attacking him, there are times when even with your heals he simply dies very quickly.

Am I right in saying that is kind what you're saying? Basically, sages now can't even keep one person up (or themselves) while taking damage from one person.

Sure, if it is 2 or 3 on 1, they should die quickly. I think what many sages are upset about is that they can't even keep themselves alive against 1 dps (or keep 1 target alive against 1 DPS), even when the amount of expertise seems to be about the same on all characters involved.

Now, to be honest OP, I have had mixed results. Some games it seems like people are sliced through in seconds... other times it seems like it is normal as it was before 1.2

I really don't know what to make of it. For now, I'm just going to stick to healing and see how things change once i get my War Hero gear (which has better stats for Sages than our Battlemaster gear - so that should help). So far, I am having enough fun and PvP and while I do notice being way more weak in warzones, I'm still having fun and finding ways to help my team.

Edited by Shlamorel

TL;DR - I am adpating my healing style and know things will improve with better gear and more practice.

I find it interesting you say that no one rides you while you heal to be honest, but do you really think your role when someone gets on you should have become lure people away, instead of making a difference to a certain degree with your healing...

You're english is excellent, and I agree with you, it's not the healing changes so much as the TTK (Time To Kill) that is the major factor. Fights just don't last as long as they did before, and so healing is much less of a factor because there often isn't enough time to get any serious healing going.

You say your a sage so I'm sure you've been through this scenario: Toss a shield on the target, chase it with a HoT, then go for the strong heal, but the target is dead before you finish the cast :p

My healer chars have become combat medics basically. Hybrid builds supporting both damage and healing, since all you can really do is slap band-aids on people so they live a few more seconds, there is no saving them anymore. I've also mostly moved on to alts in the 10-49 bracket for the time being, where the TTK difference isn't quite as massive.

Operative Healer here.

When I did my first warzone since the patch I was not ready at all for it, took me a bit by surprise but I quickly got my bearings and am now doing pretty well as a healer in warzones again. I'm finding it more challenging and that works in my favour, i'm finding it a bit more fun than pre 1.2 and it feels more pleasing when I do keep people alive and help win the game for my team.

In general I've see alot of people saying hard to heal and i've already seen some healers respec to dps but personally I don't understand why they're being so negative about it. It's one of those things that look bad at first but give it enough time you'll adapt and overcome.

I cannot speak for other classes but as far as Operative goes we're still powerful healers and still have much to offer in regards to pvp healing.

Also a little more protection from non-healers wouldn't hurt :D

Operative Healer here.

When I did my first warzone since the patch I was not ready at all for it, took me a bit by surprise but I quickly got my bearings and am now doing pretty well as a healer in warzones again. I'm finding it more challenging and that works in my favour, i'm finding it a bit more fun than pre 1.2 and it feels more pleasing when I do keep people alive and help win the game for my team.

In general I've see alot of people saying hard to heal and i've already seen some healers respec to dps but personally I don't understand why they're being so negative about it. It's one of those things that look bad at first but give it enough time you'll adapt and overcome.

I cannot speak for other classes but as far as Operative goes we're still powerful healers and still have much to offer in regards to pvp healing.

yeah because nothing changed for you.. in fact you got a buff for your healing class...

a sage wears light armor and well dps is a lot higher then we can heal now. my heals take way to long to keep somebody alive much less myself.

Operative Healer here.

Oh hoho, I know you....Danglars said some good things about you when he played =), back on topic now Sadly I can't really compare the experience for all the healing classes ( though i wish i could), but again i don't have a hard time adapting ... It's more i guess i don't much enjoy the turn of pace to the degree its taken.

So sad watchng once great sages whom I'd protect go down in 3 swings cause now they're useless in the Wz so I leave them unguarded in favor of real healers.

On the other hand all these sorc's trying to make dps sure do die fast and noone

is guarding them lol...

A Guardians prayer.

Save the healer, win the Wz.

Edited by VoidJustice

yeah because nothing changed for you.. in fact you got a buff for your healing class...

a sage wears light armor and well dps is a lot higher then we can heal now. my heals take way to long to keep somebody alive much less myself.

Don't get me wrong I do still struggle to keep some people up in pvp due to the damage increase but I just personally think some people are making these changes sound worse than they actually are. I'm still seeing Sorcs and BH's doing just as good. Suppose it also depends on your opponents.

Oh hoho, I know you....Danglars said some good things about you when he played =), back on topic now Sadly I can't really compare the experience for all the healing classes ( though i wish i could), but again i don't have a hard time adapting ... It's more i guess i don't much enjoy the turn of pace to the degree its taken.

Danglars <3

I'm still not 100% sure what I think of the turn of pace, there are times where I'm enjoying it and others where I'm thinking *** just happened. Bioware might change it up again in the future but for now it's a matter of doing the best you can with what you've been given.

Operative Healer here.

Quoted For Truth. I am also still getting used to the new era, but I manage. I just keep the quote in my sig at heart.

I was healer from day 1, levelled up as healer, always played it.

The problem now is that Dps is out of hand now.

Healing is next to useless in WZ, unlsess you are and operative/smuggler and to some extent a commando/mec

Sages healing (and survivability) went down the shoes.

Full Bm equipped i get 4 shotted by op/jugg/marauder with equal gear, with next to nothing i can do. And this is not only unfun, is completely and utterly BS.

Is "can" be fine if i get 4 shotted with recruit gear (even that i should have a chanche of doing something), but full Bm is pure BS.

Hi, glad to read a post on balance, without l2p and other troling.

I agree with most, it is true that we were particularly op sorc and bh. but they got out of hand, other than nerf skills, increased damage to expertise has been too.

Now it all depends if there is a full dps team destroys everything, or strategies or anything ...

before going too, only it was not so devastating.

whether teams are diverse this all too well.

I think this is the imbalance.

now I do not want to imagine the full dps teams ranked ...

fun and strategy that we have?

none ...

Danglars <3

I'm still not 100% sure what I think of the turn of pace, there are times where I'm enjoying it and others where I'm thinking *** just happened. Bioware might change it up again in the future but for now it's a matter of doing the best you can with what you've been given.

It's hard to make the best of what im given without danglars taunts =(, But i don't really think that the zerg style were moving into makes me want to be a part of this "meta" for the time being anyway :\

hahaha...your sig make me smile, you don't mind the pace at its current state though?

Sometimes it's really frustrating (especially with the new warzone) that I spawn and die and spawn and die. But this is usually because of a really bad PUG.

Last weekend I queued with three guildies using Teamspeak. The four of us captured the middle node after a very nice battle, after which one of us went to help defend the above node.

We had a majorly heroic battle in the minutes (felt like minutes, probably seconds :-p) afterwards where there were three of us against 5 of them. I did not feel redundant at all and nobody died until we got reinforcements coming from the spawn point.

So I am still without judgement about the speed. In another thread, I have put down my theory, I will give the summary here:

Healing is a game of math, it always has been and always will be. My job is to make sure that every 1 vs 1 fight will become a 1,5 vs 1 fight. By giving my partners the added survivability, they have the opportunity to win the fight. If they can't win the fight with these advantages, they need to learn to play. In this case it is not my fault. If I can't transform them into a 1,5 player, that is my fault.

So even though DPS has been stronger (this I can't deny), in the end (when two DPS meet) it comes down to gear and skill. As my companions and I are full BM's... it usually comes down to the latter. If I can make sure they become 1,5 players, we win.

But give me another week to really grind the warzone matches, also with pugs, and I'll rethink my statement.

EDIT: corrected some uses of words, English is not my main and I want to make sure the message is clear :-)

Edited by SpoeMeister

You have good English :) Nice use of slang - you don't seem like your vocabulary came straight out of a text book.

My thoughts on healing - and I think this is what you are kinda saying too:

Basically, in some matches, people with roughly equal expertise will kill the target you are healing very quickly when it is only 1v1.

In other words, if you have a teammate who you are healing, and an enemy comes up and starts attacking him, there are times when even with your heals he simply dies very quickly.

Am I right in saying that is kind what you're saying? Basically, sages now can't even keep one person up (or themselves) while taking damage from one person.

Sure, if it is 2 or 3 on 1, they should die quickly. I think what many sages are upset about is that they can't even keep themselves alive against 1 dps (or keep 1 target alive against 1 DPS), even when the amount of expertise seems to be about the same on all characters involved.

Now, to be honest OP, I have had mixed results. Some games it seems like people are sliced through in seconds... other times it seems like it is normal as it was before 1.2

I really don't know what to make of it. For now, I'm just going to stick to healing and see how things change once i get my War Hero gear (which has better stats for Sages than our Battlemaster gear - so that should help). So far, I am having enough fun and PvP and while I do notice being way more weak in warzones, I'm still having fun and finding ways to help my team.

A sorc should do well in large engagements where dmg is spread out.

A Merc should be able to survive just about any 1v1 (with all things equal).

An Op should excell while on the move (pocket heals for ball carrier).

As far as I can tell...this is still true. This is coming from a 1/2 BM BG Merc. With that said, though, I still dislike the zerg-ness of matches...especially huttball. Nonstop leaping, pulling, pushing, and CC drive me nuts. Unless there's a clear skill gap between teams, you're going to see a lot of 0-0 and 1-0 games; at least, that's been my experience so far.

Last weekend I queued with three guildies using Teamspeak. The four of us captured the middle node after a very nice battle, after which one of us went to help defend the above node.

We had a majorly heroic battle in the minutes (felt like minutes, probably seconds :-p) afterwards where there were three of us against 5 of them. I did not feel redundant at all and nobody died until we got reinforcements coming from the spawn point.

I find what you said to be a rather interesting point of view on healing at least, It's basically a much different way i see things though, more to do with meta, than paces i think though. As for this whole thing im not sure i want to get into the whole could have been pug vs premade here :p. Sadly we know how those usually end up =(. Edited by Misaki-chan