Lowest Tier PVP Armor Should Be The Best

eartharioch

Mods: This is *not* a specific suggestion to the developers, I am very new to *playing* PVP (but not paying attention to the issue threads), and I would like to discuss this with the PVP community. Please don't kill by moving to "Suggestions".

PVP Community:

I think that PVP equipment stats should *decrease* with increased Valor (under the assumption that Valor represents skill, not simply time served). This way, the higher yourTier, the more that your skill, team co-ordination (practice working with your team and your team's choice of members) that will determine victory.

If this was the case, than full "premade" teams have a viable place in the random WZ queue, as they would presumably win more from the start, and thus level more quickly *into" weaker gear, which would mean that PUGs become more of a challenge.

Of course, out-of-combat rewards/awards (special looks, titles, ship mods, mansions, whatever) should be based on higher Valor, because it takes more to win with less.

Anyway, as I said, this isn't a specific suggestion, this idea in no way considers PVE/PVP balance, but all I've seen lately is a widening gap between entry-level and expert PVP, and a lot of "the losers should lose because they're losers" arguments. Winners deserve recognition for winning, but unless the Winners want BW to end up putting bots in the matches to replace the "losers" who see no reason to show up or stay in matches, there has to be "some" incentive for the "losers" to show up and stay. And if you're fighting bots in an arena, it's PVE, not PVP.

(And maybe people might want to watch two top-Valor teams compete)

Interesting idea if you can get past the initial "eh, is he serious?!" state. Still nothing that will ever happen since people naturally will never enjoy progressing negatively. Psychologically I can see many issues with long-term motivation there.

Progression has to remain directed upwards. Ideally brackets should prevent the differences in progression from turning too big but that's something that hopefully will happen in ranked wz. At least if the system will be any good.

that is an interesting idea that as you increase in valor you need to depend less on equipment.

don't expect it to take hold anytime soon.

games like this require timesinks to justify it's monthly fee. That means that players need to have something to work toward both long term and short term. the reward should be appealing or else why try to get it.

in the case of pvp, you want something that would help you beat other players.

I like your points but no MMO could work that way

Not trolling. New to PvP.

The goal would be to get the better out-of-combat rewards -- I believe a lot of people were upset when certain speeders requiring minimum valor had that minimum removed.

The goal would be to enable newer (less skilled ?) PVPers (like me) to be able to put up a better challenge to the more experienced (better skilled ?).

The goal would be to make it "more reasonable" to allow full 8-man premades to queue (which I see a lot of PVPers requesting).

And it's not a new idea. I don't Golf, but higher "skill" there is usually expressed as a handicap. And higher "skill" usually means better recognition, better endorsement deals, more money, etc.

nice idea. to expand on this idea, what about giving players the choice on what gear to bring in to the warzone? wear higher gear, get less rewards. wear lower tier gear, get more rewards.

nice idea. to expand on this idea, what about giving players the choice on what gear to bring in to the warzone? wear higher gear, get less rewards. wear lower tier gear, get more rewards.

once you get the highest tier gear, you really have no need for the rewards anymore.

this is a bad idea, just let it die

And if the lowest tier of PvP armor was the best, what would the point of getting the new gear be?

I seriously hope you're trolling.

There is no "point" to getting better gear now. If you can beat people using Gear X, what's the point of getting Gear X + Y? If you can't beat people who use Gear X, what's the point of fighting people using Gear X + Y?

In math, it's the difference between a stable and an unstable equilibrium -- balance and no balance.

There is no "point" to getting better gear now. If you can beat people using Gear X, what's the point of getting Gear X + Y? If you can't beat people who use Gear X, what's the point of fighting people using Gear X + Y?

In math, it's the difference between a stable and an unstable equilibrium -- balance and no balance.

Of course there is no point for the common PvP player

the point is in BW side, making u log and grind for a gear with +X stats thus keeping the mass paying

nothing else

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.