Remove the rakghoul plague now

It is part of the server environment. It's part of the game. People are being infected and instructed to seek out and infect others.

And incidentally, it's remarkably easy to "cure" this without spending a credit.

Find a high point that's a fade-to-black if you jump into it.

Jump into it.

You respawn, no repair cost and no plague. Problem solved. And handily, such spots are readily available both on Fleet and on Corsucant.

Or go boom, enjoy the resulting DNA samples, and put them to good use getting neat stuff from the vendors. This isn't rocket science, people. They're actually rewarding you for getting infected and being reduced to a pus-filled corpse on the ground.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you that crazy old ALONE cat lady that didnt let us PLAY when we were KIDS? Newsflash, the world even wasnt made just for you. If you dont like it LOGOFF. you and all the other trolls. I ve had enough of you. Again if you dont like it dont play it.

No need to be rude and tell someone to log off, it's their $15 too. To be honest I can only assume the people against this event are either mis-informed or trolling as there appears to be no actual downside to this apart from waiting for a rez.

Edited by mothear

You are not much of a SW fan if you aren't familiar with rakghouls.

I'm not a fan of anything that BW has brought to the universe. That's unfair to be honest. Tell me where Rakghouls appear outside of any BW helmed title! It doesn't belong in the IP nor do I know any hardcore Star Wars fans that want it there.

KoTOR wasn't that good, over-rated yawnfest that has further jaded a brilliant universe until this of course... Do you think that if a Star Wars MMO were to be released in the 80s 90s that this would find a place? because I don't.

I'm not a fan of anything that BW has brought to the universe. That's unfair to be honest. Tell me where Rakghouls appear outside of any BW helmed title! It doesn't belong in the IP nor do I know any hardcore Star Wars fans that want it there.

KoTOR wasn't that good, over-rated yawnfest that has further jaded a brilliant universe until this of course... Do you think that if a Star Wars MMO were to be released in the 80s 90s that this would find a place? because I don't.

This poster supports Jar Jar.

Enough said.

It is part of the server environment. It's part of the game. People are being infected and instructed to seek out and infect others.

Then they should do so in PvP areas; not PvE. Or at the very least, ask if others wish to Join in play. Now I must wait until this is over before getting gear again, as those areas where I could have spent the planet Commendations are seemingly infected by both plague and close minded griefers.

And yet, here you are ...

Dark Horse Comics would like to talk with you.

Then they should do so in PvP areas; not PvE. Or at the very least, ask if others wish to Join in play. Now I must wait until this is over before getting gear again, as those areas where I could have spent the planet Commendations are seemingly infected by both plague and close minded griefers.

Please answer my previous post if you don't mind.

To those QQ about this, answer me one question:

What real harm is it causing you?

You die...NO RES PENALTY...get some tokens that can sell for a substantial sum...and carry on.

One of you QQrs please explain where the problem is.

I load into the Fleet, and a whole bunch of people are standing at the load in spot, infecting everyone, who goes to the Fleet, and it cost 2k for the stim, to remove it for 6 hours. If this is a joke, it isn't funny, and its a little late, from april fools day.

I will not be paying, to play a game, that forces stupid stuff like this on players.

Please remove this, if you want to continue to have me, as a customer.

Some like it, but i think its completely out of line.

Let takes a vote between removing fun or removing you.

I'll let you guess who will win if EVERYONE vote and not just the forum dwellers.

Somewhat agree with the OP. While I do not mind the storyline, those purposely infecting others, and forcing them to spend resources for a temp fix seem to border on Griefing those that play solo, PvE, etc.

This may be nothing to many, but it cost my lowbie a 1/3 of his available funds for a temp fix because some idiot wants to play terrorist.

Why do you have to fix it? It doesnt hinder your game play. Nor does it cost anything to repair. Im sitting on the imperial fleet in the plague huddle with other people that are doing the same thing.

The big reason to do this is a Black-Green Color crystal. You get 5 of the Rakghoul DNA Samples each time you explode. You get 16 from the dailies. You need 83 for a lvl 51 Black-Green Crystal. And whatever the rakghoul vanity pet is. Im in all Columi gear and warmaster gear and not getting a hit on my repair bills.

Its not that big a deal. You can avoid it. And live with it like a real life plague. People used to catapult corpses infected with various disease in the middle ages. You didnt see them hop on the forums and tell them to stop the plague.

This is an RPG. Things like this happen since its trying to present a living world to us.

Stop being a baby, it's a world event and is fun and awesome.

Yes it is a WORLD EVENT. Belonging on the world of Tatooine.

I personally don't give a rats *** about the event you find fun, which is why i was on the fleet minding my own business. You can have your fun on tatooine, I'll mind my own business on the fleet.

The **** should be cleared off when leaving the event area, or we should be able to toggle off gay event ****.

Death before popping equals no-go. PvP areas are not the place to forward this mission.

Yes it is a WORLD EVENT. Belonging on the world of Tatooine.

I personally don't give a rats *** about the event you find fun, which is why i was on the fleet minding my own business. You can have your fun on tatooine, I'll mind my own business on the fleet.

The **** should be cleared off when leaving the event area, or we should be able to toggle off gay event ****.

A plague doesn't care where you are...it can and will spread.

The players complaining now better not be the same ones that called the worlds dead because they sure feel alot more alive now.

Unfortunately plagues happen sometimes, Im sure it will be over soon enough. And do realise how petty it is to want something removed that the fast majority is enjoying and does very little harm.

Please answer my previous post if you don't mind.

I am not QQ; simply coerced to wait all this out if I want to play my Alt. I could start another, but do not want the same problem with one that has even less credits. And my main will remain in quarantine, as a new member of the Dark Council and all.....

Sure.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Rakghoul

Read up. Although it's prominent in KOTOR since Taris is a big part of the story, Rakghouls show up both before and afterwards multiple points of which are in the Dark Horse comics. The plague actually predates KOTOR in the timeline, and extends into the movie portion of the SW timeline and beyond.