• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 Andronikos

3 Cedrax

2 Vector

2 Kira

1 Quinn

My Trooper sure is loving these lockboxes lol. Even a partial return credit would be awesome at this point. I didn't even know who revel was until I got the first one. :rolleyes:

5? ouch!

and i thought 2 was bad!

Kira

Corso

Quinn - 2

Vector

Elara - 2

Andronikus - 2

Edited by ThroneOfOP
added more

Can we seriously some kind of Fix for this?

I've bought the damn box 9 times now, I got 3 different ones with one of those being Theran Cedrax 4 freaking times.

They can't be sold or traded and can only use 1. I feel like I'm wasting alot of my time trying to get the 1 I want (Kira for my Main) and I'm starting to get really irked by this.

For the love of god, please let us do something with the others, i don't care what, but something or let us spend the 100 and buy the one we want.

Has anyone gotten the customization for the companion for their class? Did they make that not possible or something?

I'm a BH. I've bought 14 boxes. No Mako.

Yes, My trooper finally got 2 Dornes back to back. It really is just a massive crap shoot as to what you get.

I'm only after the Kira one for my Guardian, have so far got:

3 Mako (Don't have)

4 Malavai Quinn (Don't have)

2 Vector (Don't have)

2 Andronikus (Don't have)

1 Elara Dorne (I have a trooper I can use on)

1 Corso Riggs (I have a smuggler I can use on)

I am GM for a republic guild, I really only play my republic chars and out of those, am only really fussed about my Jedi Guardian and my Trooper. It is infuriating me that I am getting so many repeats and they are entirely and completely useless.

I just got my one for 8/8. Figured people here might like to laugh at my bad luck, or get an idea on the odds and number of boxes you may end up buying. YMMV on this but at least its an idea for you.

7 Kira Carsen

7 Andronikos Revel

5 Mako

5 Vector

5 Malavai Quinn

4 Tharan Cedrax

2 Elara Dorne

1 Corso Riggs

36 boxes total.

720 DNA samples. :(

This is pretty bad. I'd love to have all of these customizations, and 160 DNA seems like a fair price, but with them being random, people sometimes need close to 1k DNA just to get them all. People are paying tons even to just get one specific customization. :( Edited by SethTheSith

better then the mini pet I say. got a few need more. these are the best part,not the mini pet.

I agree, they are awesome. Companions are cooler than pets, and zombie companions are cooler than normal companions.

I am actually working on these before I grab my crystal, since, for the sake of vanity items, I already have the razer black-green crystal and the stats on the event crystal can be matched through other means.

I would love it if Bioware made this easier though. Then I'd grab the event crystal and all of the customizations for sure.

I think this will be my final total now:

7 Vector

3 Corso

3 Quinn

3 Andronikus

2 Elara

2 Tharan

2 Mako

1 Kira.

I play all 8 as imps on the server I did this on, and got the Makos very last...however, I will be holding on to the Rep ones in the event they decide to make each server allow 16 toons so I can also have 8 Republic toons...alas, only on Kira.

These things should not duplicate, its pointless. Yes people might make 2 characters of the same class but different advance classes like I did but you can swap it back and forth since its bound to legacy. Sending them in the mail is only 5 credits so not like you will go poor, besides you can only play 1 character at a time anyway. However people are getting like 8 of one companion a day.... do you really need more than one. I've gotten 6 for Corso, 3 for Elara, 2 for Tharan, 2 for Kira, and 2 for Quinn I don't have any republic alts. Thankfully I can use one of my Quinns. There are people out there that play only 1 faction, since these things can't be sold for anything getting more than one of them is pointless in my opinion.

If they do plan a fix of this they should let us trade in the equivalent of what we want. Like Elara (trooper) for Mako (Bounty Hunter) or Corso (Smuggler) for Vector (Agent). I know I'm not the only one frustrated with this, when they started the even it shouldn't have been random anyway. It should have been set up like the normal companion customization vendors like on Balmorra. They still could have kept them BoL and cost 20 DNAs, would have avoided so many headaches.

Edited by Daedricon

I honestly think that these lockboxes are bugged (that or my luck is extremely bad).

As it is now, I've gotten 5 Corso Riggs customizations today alone on my BH. As much as I want to roll a smuggler alt, I don't think I'll be rolling that many.

There needs to be at least a trade-in option to swap dupes for ones people don't have.

Edited by Havox

I honestly think that these lockboxes are bugged (that or my luck is extremely bad).

As it is now, I've gotten 5 Corso Riggs customizations today alone on my BH. As much as I want to roll a smuggler alt, I don't think I'll be rolling that many.

There needs to be at least a trade-in option to swap dupes for ones people don't have.

Least I'm not the only one that feels this way, it seems like the republic gets more imperial companion mods and vice versa. Is this a hint that BW is trying to make us imperials create republic alts to increase the republic population? lol I hope not, I like the imperial classes more than the republic's. Yes the are almost mirror images of each other but from what I've seen the imperial side of the game is more fleshed out.

Probably a coincidence, but all three of the kits I got on the Republic side are for Empire companions. xD Fortunately I can use them all for alts, and I didn't want any of the Republic ones anyway, but I can see how the randomness and getting opposite faction ones could be very annoying indeed.

I hope those of you trying for a certain kit will be blessed by the RNG! ^_~

Overall I love this event and these boxes are my only real gripe, but it's a major one.

I am trying to collect one of each and after 27 kits I have 6 of 8.

8 Andronikos

3 Corso

5 Elara

5 Kira

2 Mako

4 Quinn

BioWare should know everyone hates RNG, especially on a limited time event. Just put the 8 kits on the vendor so they can be previewed and purchased as desired.