Non Stalker War Hero BiS?

KavikaDestroyer

Georg Zoeller ardently defended accuracy, at the guild summit. By stacking accuracy, you're focusing far too much on the individual situation of trying to kill a tank and thus pigeonholing yourself in terms of what you can actually do. It's far more effective to focus on surge and the internal damage of madness and darkness. Just another reason not to play deception, as if you needed one.

Well, technically the stalker set is SUPPOSED to be for deception spec, where accuracy is actually pretty useful (besides maul, i think low slash is also affected). Too bad that stalker is the set of choice for ALL assassins because tank sets in pvp are a joke, and force-master on a madness assassin is even more absurd (need alacrity for hard-casting them mind crushes!!!)

And of course, no one plays deception because it is garbage, so what were left with is a pvp set with extremely poor itemization because BW still hasnt realized that stalker has the only set bonus worth a damn and 90% of assassins right now are playing specs where accuracy is completely unneccesary.

Georg Zoeller ardently defended accuracy, at the guild summit. By stacking accuracy, you're focusing far too much on the individual situation of trying to kill a tank and thus pigeonholing yourself in terms of what you can actually do. It's far more effective to focus on surge and the internal damage of madness and darkness. Just another reason not to play deception, as if you needed one.

i always save the tank for dessert.

...occasional....

lolwut

and you forgot maul.

Occasional is the perfect choice of words. And he didn't forget maul - he didn't mention it, as it never gets used.

It really is saber strike > assassinate > thrash in order of the frequency of usage. Actually I couldn't care less whether my saber strikes or thrashes hit - I am only concerned about hitting the assassinates and this makes accuracy look quite unattractive compared to the alternatives, just important enough to be a nuisance (when your assassinate misses).

Well not sure about other specs but with Deception i really don't want my voltaic slash,maul,assassinate and low slash to miss. That's enough melee base abilities to care about having enough accuracy. Edited by deags

Darkness can do comparable burst while offering more utility and slightly more survivability. Deception is overall inferior in any PvP scenario. Is there still confusion on this?^^

I love that word comparable in the context used here, meaning not as good lol.., deception spec kills things much quicker even more so now with 1.2, darkness gets a bulk of it's damage from force lightning which i stop every time i see it, anything with a cast time or channelling is a liability in warzones a liability i exploit everytime chance i get with interrupts,stuns, knocksbacks and even LOS.

Edited by deags

I love that word comparable in the context used here, meaning not as good lol.., deception spec kills things much quicker even more so now with 1.2, darkness gets a bulk of it's damage from force lightning which i stop every time i see it.

you stop that every 6 sec ? you must have more abilities than the rest of the assassins/shadows out there.

How this is even still up for debate is amazing. Deception are on all accounts insanely weak in a competive envoirment.

Edited by upzie

you stop that every 6 sec ? you must have more abilities than the rest of the assassins/shadows out there.

How this is even still up for debate is amazing. Deception are on all accounts insanely weak in a competive envoirment.

lol yes you can, interrupt first, knock back second, interrupt again, low slash, hell i even use Line of sight to stop some force lightning damamge, overall i really do stop a bulk of it and if you can't figure out how to do then well i feel sorry for you.

Edited by deags

lol yes you can, interrupt first, knock back second, interrupt again, low slash, hell i even use Line of sight to stop some force lightning damamge, overall i really do stop a bulk of it and if you can't figure out how to do then well i feel sorry for you.

Its easy to theorycraft on the forums, talk is cheap.

And you're full of it :)

One thing is to enjoy a specc and have fun with it in pugs, but if your delusional enough to think you in any way are competing with Darkness Sins I feel sorry for you.

No reason to waste more time on you, hf pro deception hero :)

Edited by upzie

Its easy to theorycraft on the forums, talk is cheap.

And you're full of it :)

One thing is to enjoy as specc and have fun with it in pugs, but if your delusional enough to think you in any way are competing with Darkness Sins I feel sorry for you.

No reason to waste more time on you, hf pro deception hero :)

lol i agree with the in bold there, in theory darkness have good burst with force lightning, but it can be stopped, that in theory goes both ways mate. I gave a very real way to stop force lightning very often but if you want to dismiss so be it.

you're full of it, if you think you will get all those force lightnings off on a good player...

anyway I'm also done here, if people truly want to believe that something with channelling based attack can have comparable burst in a warzones to all instant hits than fine believe all you want.

Edited by deags

Well, Force Lightning with 3 stacks of harnessed darkness cannot be interrupted... with an interrupt. You have to use something harder, like Low Slash, stun, or a knock back.

That said, as a darkness assassin you are often in the middle of the scrum and knocked around so much that half the time you are immune to these "harder" CC's because of resolve.

Yes, good players interrupt Force Lightning but they can only do so some of the time. And part of the "skill" of darkness is the timing of your abilities, especially Force Lightning. Against better players who know to interrupt FL, I do tend to use the duration of my stun for FL.

You can't interrupt a Darkness 3xHD Force Lightning.

FULL BM geared valor 65 Deception checking in to say this:

EVERY class in this game is viable and stand's on their own merits. Some classes are significantly easier to play effectively, while others are significantly more difficult to play effecively. ---This is strait from the Dev's.

I love playing Deception and it is one of the more difficult AC's to play effectively well. I don't think I truly mastered the situational skills necessary to quickly burst down-kill good healers and increase survivability/lower death counts until around valor 50.

You rarely see deception assassins at end game PvP because it is difficult enough just to execute the PROPER playstyle (not running into crowds, focus a target, finish targets i.e. what a real life assassin gets paid to do) in conjunction with the challenge of properly executing your situational abilities. It is the degree in difficulty to play it effectively that causes the misconception it is inferior. Truth be told all the classes can be great, when 'greatly played'.

You like Darkness great, I like Deception, I get MVP votes, I get Wins, Im always top tier in Kills, and my burst alone is valued on my teams, not to mention stealth.

Im always top tier in Kills

Slightly offtopic, but I read stuff like this too often - scoreboard kills are even more irrelevant than the damage number there. Due to the way kills are counted, it doesn't say anything about your personal skill and effectiveness. Main factors are healer/dps, ae/single target dps, role/position in the specific wz, etc.

That said, I usually top the kill count on my healer - is my medic a killing machine then...?^^

Edited by wtfnonamefree

Occasional is the perfect choice of words. And he didn't forget maul - he didn't mention it, as it never gets used.

It really is saber strike > assassinate > thrash in order of the frequency of usage. Actually I couldn't care less whether my saber strikes or thrashes hit - I am only concerned about hitting the assassinates and this makes accuracy look quite unattractive compared to the alternatives, just important enough to be a nuisance (when your assassinate misses).

Why wouldn't you use Maul as your Stealth opener or if Exploit Weakness is up?