The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

WZs worthless to fresh 50`s

JetWrench

How many people do you think will grind out the (was around 9k coms for bm I think?) at a 0-30coms per game speed? Do you really think the "normal" player will continue to PvP if he has say... 5 0 com losses in a row?

And yes I know, before 1.2 that was sometimes even slower. But not as painful.

You also neglect the fact that all serious PvPers are going to slot the WH gear into augmented Armor. So your 2% difference argument is also void as it will be a bit more.

Still when I see people who want to skip the recruit tier and go directly to bm on all slots... sigh.

0-30 comms is for a loss. Seriously, only forum whinners lose all their games. Sure, everyone gets a bad streak sometimes, but most people win 40-60% of their games every given week, if they are not really bad (and I mean so bad that they are reason why their team lose).

Those who go into lev 50 WZ with lev 30 greens hoping that someone will carry them to full BM? Well, it is better for everyone if they will stop queuing anyway (yes, I prefer wait 15 minutes for an actual WZ match than get 3vs7 after 5 minutes because rest of my team is bunch of undergeared whinners (ie. below recruit even) who drop second after realising that they will be not carried to the victory).

I just dont understand this - before 1.2 forum was full of QQ because they cant get BM gear (RNG/premades/valor grind/whatever). Now getting BM pieces is easier than ever and QQ is even louder...it is just insane.

BTW, you know you can slot anything you wish into orange crit crafted gear? Giving up set bonuses for additional stats is a decision available to everyone, for some classes those stats would be better than set for sure.

Artificially slowing player progression as an alternative to new content is a cataclysmically bad idea.

Ah, a true cynic. And. unfortunately, 100% correct. It would be nice to run across an MMO where the developers still have respect for the players.

Edited by Raggok

Also getting full BM gear from full recruit gear will take forever. It can be done, but super farming is required.

I'm not even gonna touch the subject on getting full WH...

lets say you get 40 comms per match, and you play one full match per 30 minutes (playing + queuing)

that's 84k coms to get WH armor

that's 2100 matches.

that's 63k minutes, or more than 43 full 24-hour days of play time. or that's more than a year of playing 4 hours a night 5 days a week (playing 20 hours a week for a full year). that's only time spent doing nothing but pvping. add time if you want to, say, craft or go to the bathroom.

by that time, there will be multiple new, better sets so you won't be even in gear even after all that time.

and that's with a fairly high number of coms won from the losses.

and that's without having to get your BM gear first, which is a whole 'nother grind.

yes, you get some from dailies, and you win win from time to time when you get with a premade and against pugs...but come on....

How do you only get those? I have about the same amount of gear as your healer and I get AT LEAST 7-8 medals.

I got more as a DPS (10-17), but 2? Really?

And I rarely get 300k medal unless I stay south in Novare the entire game/defend the full time in voidstar/is assigned to control mid in huttball. I almost never get it in civil war.

everybody on here saying that "it's so easy" to get medals.

yeah, it is....except for certain circumstances.

when your team gets facerolled by the other team (in particular because of gear and population imbalances0, you can easily end up with two few medals.

you can't get a defender medal when your team can't take an objective. you can get kill medals when your team can't kill the other side. you can't get 75k damage or heals when you get stunned and die in 3 seconds because you have fewer teammates who are always dead so you are perpetually outnumbered.

if it's "easy for you" to get a ton of medals, then you are not in that situation, but it really does happen.

ONE FINAL NOTE: even if you get 3 medals, that's USUALLY a non-zero reward, but it might as well be. 15-20 coms with zero credits might as well be zero. you are never going to get better gear that way. in fact, you can't even buy a warzone medpack for that.

I dont understand how people are getting so few medals.

Maybe those people not managing to break 3 medals should find a list of all medals and adjust their playstyle. Even in the few games my team has been completely and utterly rolled by a great premade, i have never failed to get 4+ medals.

I know from direct experience its possible to break 50 comms and be on the losing side if you happen to really kill it.

Im not saying the reward gap is right, since its putting alot of people off and i do think the gap for simply winning is too high compared to playing well (which means a huge total of objectives) and losing. However, with the new objective points it should be impossible to not get 3+ medals if you play the whole game and play properly.

Not to mention, there's been some matches in voidstar, where our team won, I got 8 medals, and yet only received ~50 commendations. I'm guessing this was because we ended up for a 4/4 game. It's like you get less commendations for the hard fought, close matches....and more commendations when you just steamroll the other team. That is NOT good design.

I dont understand how people are getting so few medals.

when your team gets facerolled by the other team (in particular because of gear and population imbalances), you can easily end up with two few medals.

you can't get a defender medal when your team can't take an objective. you can get kill medals when your team can't kill the other side. you can't get 75k damage or heals when you get stunned and die in 3 seconds because you have fewer teammates who are always dead so you are perpetually outnumbered.

if it's "easy for you" to get a ton of medals, then you are not in that situation, but it really does happen.

ONE FINAL NOTE: even if you get 3 medals, that's USUALLY a non-zero reward, but it might as well be. 15-20 coms with zero credits might as well be zero. you are never going to get better gear that way. in fact, you can't even buy a warzone medpack for that.

Edited by Jeopardydd

Recruit gear is terrible, but it's the best option when you ding 50, if you have 2000 WZ comms, buy as many cheap BM pieces (Bracer, belt, gloves) and start from there, do not buy the chestpiece or weapon first.

I bought the set of recruit and put it on to compare, my health plummeted from over 17K to under 14K and crit % dropped over 10%, I said F that!

Edited by Sookster

everybody on here saying that "it's so easy" to get medals.

yeah, it is....except for certain circumstances.

when your team gets facerolled by the other team (in particular because of gear and population imbalances0, you can easily end up with two few medals.

I can tell you that the only time I've ever gotten less than 4 medals as a healer post-1.2 is when I joined a civil war that had the score: ~400 - ~100. I went in, got 2.5k heal and 5k heal and I've been in bad pugs man. I run mostly guild premades but I've been in those WZs as well.

I don't usually like to criticise people I haven't played with, but I will have to say that if you only get 2 medals as a healer, you're doing something wrong. I don't like the expertise mechanic no more than anyone but it's not the problem in this case imo.

I can tell you that the only time I've ever gotten less than 4 medals as a healer post-1.2 is when I joined a civil war that had the score: ~400 - ~100. I went in, got 2.5k heal and 5k heal and I've been in bad pugs man. I run mostly guild premades but I've been in those WZs as well.

I don't usually like to criticise people I haven't played with, but I will have to say that if you only get 2 medals as a healer, you're doing something wrong. I don't like the expertise mechanic no more than anyone but it's not the problem in this case imo.

once again, if it doesn't happen to you, then you are in a different situation than others.

I pointed out the situations where it's very difficult/nearly impossible to get medals. these situations happen to some of us a lot, depending on our faction and server.

It is quite frankly a sign of your self-absorption to think that if it isn't happening to you, it must not be happening to others or that they are just "bad".

(and btw, they nerfed heals and if you are in bad gear, you can;t get the 5k heal anymore on some healing classes, and are lucky to get the 2.5k heal. i'm not "doing something wrong". i'm hitting the darn button as you are and it doesn't heal for as much because of my gear and my teammates gear.)

Edited by Jeopardydd

0-30 comms is for a loss. Seriously, only forum whinners lose all their games. Sure, everyone gets a bad streak sometimes, but most people win 40-60% of their games every given week, if they are not really bad (and I mean so bad that they are reason why their team lose).

That's a ridiculous argument in any game where pvp is mostly based on gear levels. Anyone who levels a fresh character and hits 50, even if they buy all the recruit gear, is facing off against a large number of battlemaster/warhero players. The warhero players don't have gear yet (or are just starting to pick it up) but recruit versus bm is an auto loss. This is compounded even further in that many battlemasters+ are in premades who are getting matched against solo queues. Gear is the primary determining factor in pvp. Second is what AC's people are. Third is skill & coordination.

Until the game matches premades only versus premades and solo queues only versus solo queues AND tries to evenly balance the expertise totals on teams, skill will always be the last factor on the scale.

A suit of BM gear (plus weapon and offhand) costs 12K+ WZ comms, that's alot especially if you lose a lot. The good thing is dailies and weeklies give you 99 WZ and ranked WZ comms so bank up on those ranked WZ comms since the cheapest WH piece is over 3K ranked comms. Edited by Sookster