WZs worthless to fresh 50`s

JetWrench

as a freshly leveled 50 i went in first WZ and got 2 medals, and ZERO credit, with gear the way it is almost impossible to kill pvp geared player, and die before accomplishing any objectives, so unless you are a geared before 1.2 dont waste your time entering into a warzone, you will have just lost 15 mins of your life for ZERO credits/valor/comendations. and before all you idiots that troll say anything, lets look at my battlemaster sorc, unless i DPS and only heal i get ZERO credit too, so to sum up.... ZERO credit for healers and new 50s!, so..someone explain to me why we should PvP?, if we cant get credit for it why do it.

Wearing a full set of recruit gear doesnt really help much. The penalties for losing are just so high that going up against BM geared players is no longer about "putting your time in" to get geared, its now more luke "die incessantly and hope for a table scrap."

Wearing a full set of recruit gear doesnt really help much. The penalties for losing are just so high that going up against BM geared players is no longer about "putting your time in" to get geared, its now more luke "die incessantly and hope for a table scrap."

THATS the point, makes no sense to go from modable gear with purple mods to crappy blues with a pittance of expertise, recruit gear is no help. the slight amount of exp. is far from the stats im losing.

and with my 6 pieces of BM gear and rest champion gear on my healer i get 1 medal for 2.5k heal, 1 for 75k total healing, so unless i stand guard or dps enough for 10 kill credit i recive ZERO credit for a warzone, why heal??

Also getting full BM gear from full recruit gear will take forever. It can be done, but super farming is required.

I'm not even gonna touch the subject on getting full WH...

Not true, I ended up getting 3 pieces yesterday on an alt one of those being the weapon. It's not hard at all.

Also getting full BM gear from full recruit gear will take forever.
Sure, if by "forever", you mean "the same amount of time it's taking me to get exactly two War Hero pieces".

Not to mention that the relics are a minimal improvement.

Edited by flem

How do you only get those? I have about the same amount of gear as your healer and I get AT LEAST 7-8 medals.

I got more as a DPS (10-17), but 2? Really?

And I rarely get 300k medal unless I stay south in Novare the entire game/defend the full time in voidstar/is assigned to control mid in huttball. I almost never get it in civil war.

THATS the point, makes no sense to go from modable gear with purple mods to crappy blues with a pittance of expertise, recruit gear is no help. the slight amount of exp. is far from the stats im losing.

and with my 6 pieces of BM gear and rest champion gear on my healer i get 1 medal for 2.5k heal, 1 for 75k total healing, so unless i stand guard or dps enough for 10 kill credit i recive ZERO credit for a warzone, why heal??

You show an amazing lack of knowledge regarding the mechanimns. You know that you get kill credit if you heal the people killing the opponents? Thats been in for a few patches now. So if you are in 6 Bm pieces and get the 3 medals only on a regular base... had to tell it but its you than.

The slight amount of expertise is actually more than was on the BM set before 1.2 hit. If you think that the sum of stat loss compared to your PvE gear makes up around 10% damage reduction and around the same of output increase... Yah sure.

You show an amazing lack of knowledge regarding the mechanimns. You know that you get kill credit if you heal the people killing the opponents? Thats been in for a few patches now. So if you are in 6 Bm pieces and get the 3 medals only on a regular base... had to tell it but its you than.

Not sure if it's true or not but people were complaining in general chat yesterday about healing not counting for kill credits since the patch.

Difference between full recruit set and full battlemaster set is around 250 main stat, 250 endurance and 300 expertise (about 3,5% bonus damage difference). I didnt make calculations for secondary stats, especially that they are different on recruit pieces and on BM pieces.

Going into WZ now in PVE gear is a suicide, if you want to do this, your welcome, but do not QQ on the forums that you are destroyed fast and you cant kill anyone - whatever advantage purple pve gear has over recruit set it cannot overcome 18% bonus damage, 12% (or something around this) bonus damage reduction and some bonus healing.

Difference between full recruit and full BM is not big enough to justify losoing every WZ and getting only 0-2 medals. This kind of score is a PLAYER fault. I can get 4 medals even in WZ where almost every member of my team quit and it is 3v8, and I currently play marauder, so no healing and protection medals.

Not sure if it's true or not but people were complaining in general chat yesterday about healing not counting for kill credits since the patch.

Didn't see that for the healers in my WZs, they got the same normal amount of 11-13 medals on a win and 6-9 on a loss. Which usually implies the kill credit medal(s) :)

If you only got 2 medals the problem is that you are just bad I would say and shouldnt be pvping.

not hard to actually get only 2 medals if your team doesnt kill anybody and the other side is dominating. which i have seen more times then not since the patch.

healer is only as good as his team. I can sit there and heal but if everybody is dropping like flies around you... there is much healing needed is there. a good organized team jumps down the healers throat right away too.

play a healer as a pug and let me know how you do...with only recruit gear on...

by the way.. mine has full BM gear on... so if you question about my guy... again you are only as good as your team.

bottom line... its not cool to get 0 xp 0 valor 0 comms 0 credits for healing 200k and only getting 2 medals all because my team couldnt cap 1 thing much less kill anybody.

not hard to actually get only 2 medals if your team doesnt kill anybody and the other side is dominating. which i have seen more times then not since the patch.

IMO when people will finaly realise that their old BM gear with swapped mods is crap now, that columi/rakata is rather weak for pvp now, will figure out that recruit gear is better than anything below champion, and for classes which dont have very good set bonuses recruit is actually better than champ and will improve their gear + adjust thier playstyle to new class changes situation will be better. My guess is around 7-10 days:)

IMO when people will finaly realise that their old BM gear with swapped mods is crap now, that columi/rakata is rather weak for pvp now, will figure out that recruit gear is better than anything below champion, and for classes which dont have very good set bonuses recruit is actually better than champ and will improve their gear + adjust thier playstyle to new class changes situation will be better. My guess is around 7-10 days:)

meanwhile the imps are getting dressed in warhero gear while some of us are barely getting enough comms to buy 1 piece...

this is just a horrible design. punish the ones who stay and play till the end of the warzone. I may start quitting the warzones like the rest have. Or I just may unsub. This is also a viable solution considering how little pvp this game is really geared towards... failed open world pvp... only 4 warzones when their other MMO had 10+(warhammer online).

Bioware is definitely starting to weigh down on my strong will I had for this game.

meanwhile the imps are getting dressed in warhero gear while some of us are barely getting enough comms to buy 1 piece...

this is just a horrible design. punish the ones who stay and play till the end of the warzone. I may start quitting the warzones like the rest have. Or I just may unsub. This is also a viable solution considering how little pvp this game is really geared towards... failed open world pvp... only 4 warzones when their other MMO had 10+(warhammer online).

Bioware is definitely starting to weigh down on my strong will I had for this game.

Yea, this is definately a problem, they will have 2% better gear! Blasphemy! It will be impossible to win any WZ against them!

On a serious note - difference between war hero and BM is non-existant. If your side cant figure out that wearing recruit is better than wearing mix of columni/centurion/champion and that saving 2000 comms (1000wz/1000merc) for 1.2 launch would get them either 2 big BM pieces or BM weapon + some spare comms than nothing will help you. Maybe with exception of cross-server queues (if you personaly are a good a player).

Yea, this is definately a problem, they will have 2% better gear! Blasphemy! It will be impossible to win any WZ against them!

On a serious note - difference between war hero and BM is non-existant. If your side cant figure out that wearing recruit is better than wearing mix of columni/centurion/champion and that saving 2000 comms (1000wz/1000merc) for 1.2 launch would get them either 2 big BM pieces or BM weapon + some spare comms than nothing will help you. Maybe with exception of cross-server queues (if you personaly are a good a player).

How many people do you think will grind out the (was around 9k coms for bm I think?) at a 0-30coms per game speed? Do you really think the "normal" player will continue to PvP if he has say... 5 0 com losses in a row?

And yes I know, before 1.2 that was sometimes even slower. But not as painful.

You also neglect the fact that all serious PvPers are going to slot the WH gear into augmented Armor. So your 2% difference argument is also void as it will be a bit more.

Still when I see people who want to skip the recruit tier and go directly to bm on all slots... sigh.

Edited by Twor

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.