Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

How Will SWTOR BE Remembered 10 Years From Now?

BCBull

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as a game that shoulda been great,but in the end,just wasnt :( it will sink just like the titanic did 100 years ago

:( I think it's pretty good but then I didn't have ANY preconceptions coming in aside from probably NOT liking it. I am still surprised that I do.

What a few on these boards say and what the majority of players do have been demonstrated to be very different across the board. Keep in mind that the negative posters on this board represent .0001% of the player base, on the high end.

Remember also, according to those complaints from the first week, it is already free to play. After that failed to come to fruition, it was going to die after the free month, then after the three month.

Its still here. It just got better. Sever population is up currently, yet people are still saying that its going down. Honestly, I think some people are just typing to read their own posts at this point.

Interesting, could you link that info?

Well, once the game has added a lot of the things that should have been in at launch, fixed the vast majority of bugs (as this will always be an on-going battle for any expanding game) and worked outs its core audience, the game will be ticking along fine for many years, with a growing but not WOW-killing playerbase.

The introduction of dialogue wheels, player alignment, decisions in stories, SGRA (same gender romance arcs), the excellent stories and voice acting: these will all be the things that people remember.

People will also remember the shaky start, followed by some bad patches and decisions, but I am confident that the devs will turn it around and keep producing content and updates at a mile a minute. Yes, 1.2 was half-baked, but at least it's here now. More stuff should have been in it, but c'est la vie.

With each major content patch, this game will improve. Yes, the game should have launched with more, but it didn't. Let's be grateful for what it does have and how much fun it is (so long as you're not solely playing for PvP) and look forward to the incremental additions.

Personally I'm waiting on a hood toggle, SGRA and more character slots per server, along with those additional legacy unlocks, along perhaps with merging some servers to keep population high, but so long as we keep getting major updates as quickly as possible, I'll be content.

Kind thoughts

llesna

Excellent, agree totally.

I think your comment on working out its core audience is essential. People whining about dps meters and end game content are not the same people playing for story and roleplaying. Trying to please everyone just ends up pleasing no one.

Ive never played warcraft and have no intrest whatsoever in it. People like me will keep this game trucking on. Because its star wars. You have no idea how powerfull that marketing tool is.

The direction of WoW can be questioned, but the easy and fluidity the Blizzard team took WoW in that direction can not.

You should check it out if you never have, just to see how an mmo should be managed.

1. Boring speeder designs

2. Stiff board like running animations

3. HUttball should be renamed " ZOmbie ball "

4. Takes too long to get anywhere

5. Bioware customer service= lol

6. all the enemies you fight are basically the same, 1 ranged 2 melee

The game just didn't have enough stuff to do, That's why i quit.

From the current trend I would say, that people will remember it as the game that botched PvP with every major game update. 1.2 killed Ilum, 1.2 killed warzones, now I wonder what they will screw up in 1.3 (but they surely will find something, I was really surprised what terrible decisions they made so far).

The direction of WoW can be questioned, but the easy and fluidity the Blizzard team took WoW in that direction can not.

You should check it out if you never have, just to see how an mmo should be managed.

Indeed but it sure took 'em awhile to get there. Things were very, very wobbly the first...hmm, I think it was about six or eight months.

Not very smooth then at all. Heh. And I had 43 days' worth of game time credit to show for it.

all that shows is the load on the servers and nothing todo with playerbase, show me a source of numbers. And its not me that has to provide a link as your the one disputing it.

Someone said population is growing. I asked for a link. I didn't dispute anything.

Now that being said, the only information we have has to do with "server load " Though not being the same as subs, there is a close correlation. Isn't safe to assume if population is growing that sever load would increase too? Sure I could think of a off the wall scenario were this doesn't apply, but I think one can safely assume there is a strong correlation.

So again a statement was made, I asked for a link. What do I have to prove?

Edited by BCBull

This game is for star wars fans, not mmo fans.

Ive never played warcraft and have no intrest whatsoever in it. People like me will keep this game trucking on. Because its star wars. You have no idea how powerfull that marketing tool is.

STAR WARS

This game isnt going anywhere. Drink lots of water to fuel your QQ. You'll need it.

yeah, i'm only here cause of star wars and at least some kind of campaign story.

I bought WoW on release day and about 2 months later i canceled and never looked back, not to mention that even those 2 months weren't really used much and WoW is widely successful, so it has to do something right in the MMORPG genre...still not for me.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.