thanks for the secret nerf

DarthVillain

I see all these threads about how good maras are as a dps class....... Your all friggin retarded. Sniper has higher dps and burst....... Op still has higher dps and burst........ Pt. ........... Still op. Juggs doing more dps than maras............ The only positive thing maras have going for them is the internal damage from annihilation. All other aspects of mara talents still suck. 400k plus smash juggs........ I would like to consider myself a decent pvper. As smash i can pull no more than 300k if im lucky and i have a pocket heals. The new battlemaster gear has toooooo much accuracy...... The offhand dps does not make up for anything. Why bother hqving a talent with plus to accuracy when your giving more than whats needed in the gearset. Its a broken class.

If you can't break 300k as Rage spec AND with pocket heals, you are bad. Plain and simple. I broke 500k my first game with a 6.2k Smash and 122 kills in a Voidstar. Sounds like you got a serious case of L2P.

Annihilation is easy mode. I am taking about rage spec. Read the post before you say anything. The only reason anihilation is the stock spec is because itw unmitigated damage. If internal damage ciould be soaked your gonna get gimp. And if you have any smart sorc or sage healers on the other team your gonna be dispelled to death and your gonna cry. Your aparently playing againt bads if your pulling that kind of dps

Annihilation is easy mode. I am taking about rage spec. Read the post before you say anything. The only reason anihilation is the stock spec is because itw unmitigated damage. If internal damage ciould be soaked your gonna get gimp. And if you have any smart sorc or sage healers on the other team your gonna be dispelled to death and your gonna cry. Your aparently playing againt bads if your pulling that kind of dps

...Carnage is just as cool?

Lol at the sarcasm but if you stand in a full ravage you deserve as much damage as it dishes out only one spec makes it uninteruptable and the other makes it un kiteable however they arent in the best dps tree so you cant whine about that. Carnage is not good now for abfew reasons. Main reason is that ataru form strikes arew weapon damage instead of force damage weapon damage is soakable so your screwed either way. Likes i said the only reason annihilation is sucessful is becausebthe bleed damage is not soaked and by the time the bleeds are gone they qre being put right back up again. So on essence annihilation is the only spec a mara shouldbbe

http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/ae241/riverstyx666/Screenshot_2012-04-14_14_56_29_295909.jpg

Not even a full VS game, the other team had 3 healers and all of them had tank guards with them. I had one other person with me so no, this isn't even close to a premade. As rage, very few times am I not overall top DPS or at least second or third. I'm full BM with enhancements and stuff removed prior to 1.2 so instead of having 1100+ expertise I barely have 980. In most games I average about 300k dps. In no way shape or form did we get nerfed, but I will agree that total DPS has gone up tremendously this patch.

Ok you didnt read whatbi said pertaining to gear previously. Bm gear has more accuracy than is needed and not enough crit surge of course if you swap out for some champion mods to boost your crit surge your going to have a higher overall dps in rage spec....... the point of this thread was to show bioware that their optimizing of the marauder gear was not any optimizing at al it was nerfing. You see a slight dps ikcrease as rage because rage got buffed in general but how is ot that smash jugs do more damage if the godamn trees are identical it should do identical dps. It doesnt hecause the gear got nerfed. My spelling is aweful cuz im on a cellphone. Btw

But I also have a lower level of expertise which may make up for the lack of surge as long as you aren't sitting at like 60%. And actually BM gear was ALWAYS accuracy loaded, which people all over the forums complained and *****ed at BW about well before 1.2 came rolling out. As we can all tell, they pay little attention to that as well.

My surge is at 71%, what is it in the new BM gear? Also, my expertise is ~980 which gives me a ~17% damage increase and 13% in damage decrease. EDIT: Juggs get a 30% increase to decimate from what I understand, or at least prior to 1.2 it was a 30% talent.

Edited by BobaStyx

Just for the sake of argument go grab a god smash jugg that you know from your guild and duel. Use the same abilities in the same order at the same time and see who wins. Do a best of five then come talk to me. In fact ill just do it myself and post the video

I see all these threads about how good maras are as a dps class....... Your all friggin retarded. Sniper has higher dps and burst....... Op still has higher dps and burst........ Pt. ........... Still op. Juggs doing more dps than maras............ The only positive thing maras have going for them is the internal damage from annihilation. All other aspects of mara talents still suck. 400k plus smash juggs........ I would like to consider myself a decent pvper. As smash i can pull no more than 300k if im lucky and i have a pocket heals. The new battlemaster gear has toooooo much accuracy...... The offhand dps does not make up for anything. Why bother hqving a talent with plus to accuracy when your giving more than whats needed in the gearset. Its a broken class.

That bolded portion makes this post about marauder period. Don't go claiming someone's an idiot when you are clearly a contradictory person ! :D

Just for the sake of argument go grab a god smash jugg that you know from your guild and duel. Use the same abilities in the same order at the same time and see who wins. Do a best of five then come talk to me. In fact ill just do it myself and post the video

Do other classes do more damage overall? Sure, probably.

Let's say, for instance, Ops do more damage, on paper. (Not sure if this is true, since it's the one of 2 classes I havent played.)

There will still be Maras, or even Juggs who can top the damage boards. Just because one class supposedly "Does the most damage" doesn't mean that the PLAYER will top the damage chart.

On the flip side, someone can take a lower DPS spec and still top the damage boards.

Overall, player issue, not class or advanced class.

that would serve no purpose

juggs have abilities that marauders dont

marauders have abilities that juggs dont

if either one of you isnt using all of your abilities then it is an unrealistic and irrelevant comparison