Why did Bioware change the datacrons on Quesh to make them harder to obtain?!

Sogui

I like how they fix it when people can do a 2player datacron solo, but not fix it when your character can't get to a datacron because of its body size

Actually, they have -- the gap leading to the Willpower datacron on Alderaan is now big enough that my Type 3 shadow can walk in comfortably.

I can understand Matrix Shards requiring groups, but Datacrons should not.

I tried to do the Quesh datacrons today. It is stupid. BW ppls are smoking something.

On my server the republic side is dead. I'm level 41 and in all my leveling i was able to group 2 times!! *TWO* fu****g times!

Now tell me where this leads me on quesh, when saturday peak hours have 15 ppl on REP flotilla???

Yes there is fix for this - merge the servers.

I tried to do the Quesh datacrons today. It is stupid. BW ppls are smoking something.

On my server the republic side is dead. I'm level 41 and in all my leveling i was able to group 2 times!! *TWO* fu****g times!

Now tell me where this leads me on quesh, when saturday peak hours have 15 ppl on REP flotilla???

Yes there is fix for this - merge the servers.

This seems to be similar to my experience. I am also a low 40's republic player and on the server I'm on there seems to be a few guilds that play on a regular schedule. NOT ONE I CAN KEEP!!! There are very few other players that are willing to help but when there are 3 players on the planet that limits your odds.

Boba Fett never traveled in a group...

Edited by Correallious

• 1 month later...
I went to get these yesterday and they have changed, for the worse. I had previously been able to get the cunning one but it's not possible now. The endurance one is also a lot harder. I managed to get to both panels and click them but theu didn't opne the door to the datacron. I'm guessing you must have to click them both at the same time which is impossible solo.

I went to get these yesterday and they have changed, for the worse. I had previously been able to get the cunning one but it's not possible now. The endurance one is also a lot harder. I managed to get to both panels and click them but theu didn't opne the door to the datacron. I'm guessing you must have to click them both at the same time which is impossible solo.

Cunning is still easy, you just have to take a longer route.

As for the Endurance one, I think it is possible to solo it if you are a JC or SI and use their speed boost, but that would be the only way. Just be glad right now that is is possible with two people because I am pretty sure they intended it to require three. x_x

There shouldn't be a mandatory group effort to get to datacrons.

I agree. Here we are more than 6 months after launch, and the servers I play on (Colonel Tobin - PVE, Infinite Empire - PVP, and Lord Praven - PVE), and I am usually the ONLY person on any planet at any given time. I will log on and off multiple players, checking to see exactly how many people are on that planet. And, I am usually the only one.

So, getting a "group" together for a datacron is impossible.

On a similar note, I have played WoW for several years, and one of the things I was able to do was play multiple accounts at the same time in Windowed mode. I tried to do the same with this game the other day, and I was not able to. Since getting other players grouped for datacrons, can we at least allow multiple windows of the game to be played? Thank you.

the cunning one is not hard, just takes longer to get. you have to go all the way around on the hill above and then jump down.

I agree. Here we are more than 6 months after launch, and the servers I play on (Colonel Tobin - PVE, Infinite Empire - PVP, and Lord Praven - PVE), and I am usually the ONLY person on any planet at any given time. I will log on and off multiple players, checking to see exactly how many people are on that planet. And, I am usually the only one.

move to a "mega server", problem solved.

That said, I agree, that all datacrons, except the special +10 one should be doable without other people.

Edited by Fallerup

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For those of you saying it's "Fair" to let them require groups for some datacrons, let's rehash some things:

1) As people have pointed out, there are RARELY enough people on your side on Quesh to assist with getting the Group Datacron.

2) Those of you in guilds that say "I have no problem getting guildies to help me" are full of it. The majority of guilds and players won't DROP what they're doing to spend 20 minutes to get to a location where they will spend 20 seconds helping you get a datacron. I'm sorry, but they won't. Don't give me this "Well, you're in the wrong guild" or "I would help out my guildie for that" garbage. NONE of you would. Unless you were sitting at the fleet, twiddling your thumbs, or you needed that datacron, you would NOT.

3) The only "group" datacron I am ok with is the +10 one on the Fleet. Something that large should require a group. Individual small datacrons should not.

Also, because specific stats are better for other classes than other, is it really fair to require some datacrons that are primary stats for some classes, but not others, to require a group and take more effort?

In any case, optional content or not, BW seems content to crap on solo players. Despite it being an MMO, some people ENJOY solo play. You want group content? That's what HEROIC areas, FLASHPOINTS, and OPERATIONS are for. Not random item pickups on planets. Give us soloers SOMETHING to go on, for once.

Also, because specific stats are better for other classes than other, is it really fair to require some datacrons that are primary stats for some classes, but not others, to require a group and take more effort?

lol, I remember getting the 3 green shards to give my warrior the matrix cube, what a pain in the butt. all 3

while the 3 shards to make the matrix cube for my sorc, well, i don't remember anything about it, aside from summoning my speeder and pick them up that is....