Vengeance or Rage after 1.2? PvP

mcknightie

Hello everyone!

As stated in the post title i've been rather confused as to which of the 2 trees are best, and by best i mean for pvp.

Pre 1.2 rage seemed to be the way to go, but now vengeance looks rather powerfull aswell.

If i say that play style is unimportant to me, but rather the shear power to manage in wz's which of the 2 trees should i spec into?

Thanks in advance

can you feel a notisesable drop in dps after 1.2 ?
Not really. I went from vengeance to rage pre 1.2 and back to vengeance after 1.2 because of all the class nerf whining--then back to rage. Rage still seems to kick *** in pve/pvp in my opinion from my recent experience. Edited by SwordofSodan

i played rage spec a long time and i have to say i switched to vengence and now i realy like it the dps isn't hat bad ravage make a tons of dmg you only need to make a choise

both spec are good rage just fcus more on aoe and vengence on singel target dps

Rage is still viable, with that extra 3 second wait you could use Ravage. Though I would suggest running in Soresu form for the added defense.

I've been playing an immortal/vengeance hybrid and while I'm more of a tank spec the damage is good, but the survivability is amazing! I think immortal/vengeance hybrids will be better overall especially I'm rated warzones.

I was Vengeance in 1.1 and I'm still Vengeance in 1.2, because Vengeance is much better than it was before. Ravage spam is amazing when you can get it to work, and Vicious Throw puts out 4k+ on anyone below 30% health now.

Vengeance is the single target killer spec, while Rage is the AoE healer-pressure spec - you generally get less kills with Rage than Vengeance, but Rage does a high amount of AoE DPS that forces healers to choose who gets to live and who gets to be finished off. Vengeance also has a lot of versatility, but as an aside, it's far less capable of running Soresu in combat because its combo chains require heavy Rage usage, and the drop from Shien Form to Soresu Form is a double whammy of bad rage generation and full rage spending.

Quick Answer: Rage is still better for PvP if play style means nothing to you. Medal City in Soresu form, and easier to do unbelievably high damage than Vengeance.

Long Answer: It's really the same as before 1.2: whether you like burst damage or consistant damage better. They're both perfectly fine for either PvP or PvE. You have to play them both and see which one you like best, really. I played one character to L50 in Vigilance/Vengeance and another in Rage to L50 before i could really make a proper judgment. I found that the main difference is that with Vengeance there's more margin for error than Rage. Rage, you have to get your rotations right or you'll die quick and without doing much damage. Get it right, and you'll be on close to full health with an army of dead people around you. Vengeance, on the other hand...that tough fight you just can't win? You may scrape through with Vengeance if you do it right, but with Rage you'll either be thrashed or easily destroy.

Edited by i_am_sancho

Yesterday I tried my Rage vs. Vengeance spec with Combat Log at a training dummy, and if I didn't do something very wrong, the DPS is very similar in both specs, with maybe up to 100 DPS in favor of Vengance. But then again, I like Vengeance more, because it seems to be more reliable. Edited by BoMbY

After fairly extensive testing (ten 3-minute parses using MoX in each spec), vengeance is coming out on top by about 150-200dps on single targets. I can consistently hit 1150-1200 dps with venge, but rage has issues staying above 1000

After fairly extensive testing (ten 3-minute parses using MoX in each spec), vengeance is coming out on top by about 150-200dps on single targets. I can consistently hit 1150-1200 dps with venge, but rage has issues staying above 1000

Very interesting data Dorkvid, and thanks a ton for the info. interestingly enough...the actualy parses I've seen to date are putting most the classes in the 1200 range. on test dummies.

Very interesting data Dorkvid, and thanks a ton for the info. interestingly enough...the actualy parses I've seen to date are putting most the classes in the 1200 range. on test dummies.

Aye, I've been getting around 1200-1300 myself, but I'm using PvP gear on a PvE dummy, so I'm sure it will go higher once I get Columi and Rakata - the difference between Columi and Battlemaster is actually quite significant, even just two pieces that wouldn't give me a set bonus puts me ahead consistently by 50 DPS. My highest parse as Vengeance with my limited Columi was about 1377 with all class buffs + Exotech stim (no relic or adrenal), and again, that's in PvP gear - I forgot to even wear my Columi for that test.

Yesterday I tried my Rage vs. Vengeance spec with Combat Log at a training dummy, and if I didn't do something very wrong, the DPS is very similar in both specs, with maybe up to 100 DPS in favor of Vengance. But then again, I like Vengeance more, because it seems to be more reliable.

I'm actually glad to hear that both specs are viable in endgame. Hopefully the difference is just a matter of rotation and not a sign the devs went too far with the Rage nerf.

Edited by Vid-szhite

Aye, I've been getting around 1200-1300 myself, but I'm using PvP gear on a PvE dummy, so I'm sure it will go higher once I get Columi and Rakata - the difference between Columi and Battlemaster is actually quite significant, even just two pieces that wouldn't give me a set bonus puts me ahead consistently by 50 DPS. My highest parse as Vengeance with my limited Columi was about 1377 with all class buffs + Exotech stim (no relic or adrenal), and again, that's in PvP gear - I forgot to even wear my Columi for that test.

I'm actually glad to hear that both specs are viable in endgame. Hopefully the difference is just a matter of rotation and not a sign the devs went too far with the Rage nerf.

All of my parses were self-buffed only with no stims/relics/adrenals. I could most likely top 1350-1400 across a 3 minute span with the rest of the buffs and other procs

This can't be true, because Bioware doesn't know what they are doing, they don't know how to balance, and their metrics are garbage.

I mean, the community has said so, and always knows better, so it must be true!

Right?

:cool:

Riôt