Soemthing wrong with underworld trading?

Karkais

Ive been trying to get some promethium for my cybertech custom speederbike, but I have received no purple mats for running something l ike 30 underworld metal missions. Is there something wrong or am I just incredibly unlucky? My companions arent maxed affection but this should still work SOMEtimes, right? Edited by Karkais

Lucky you, I can't get a single rich yield to pop since 1.2, plenty synth, but no metals missions!

Rich yield, or rich missions? The rich missions were just mislabeled moderate missions.

I can't comment on metal missions (still going through all the iron I got from a pile of missions I saved for 1.2), but I've picked up artifact-grade mats off in other categories.

Lucky you, I can't get a single rich yield to pop since 1.2, plenty synth, but no metals missions!

Not sure if this was patched, havn't tried it myself; but I heard if you have craft missions you don't want/like to enter your ship and leave, and it resets them. Go test it and see if it works and report back, you just might find your rich metal afterall. Sadly for me its almost always companion missions, like 3 or 4 out of the group and they are the ones that are rich. Just takes me a while to unload/load from my ship otherwise i'd sit and do it but I'd rather get to 50 first :D

well supposedly it doesn't matter the yield of the mission. You need to get a critical result. That depends on the companion's bonuses and their affection. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Bioware screwed up UT in 1.2 and now it's not giving artifact (purple) metals. I haven't done it in a while myself.

All pets maxed affection, Gault has the UT crit bonus. It also reshuffles them if you accept a mission and cancel it ;)

Metals missions only come up as Moderate or abundant (if I'm lucky) on all tiers whereas I used to have quite a few Rich yield previous. Even if they were mislabeled previously, I haven't had 1 crit on any mission since 1.2 and that's 1/2 a dozen a day at least. Can't see how they were mislabeled tbh, the cloth ones still show as "rich yield"

Edited by flobdeth

well supposedly it doesn't matter the yield of the mission. You need to get a critical result. That depends on the companion's bonuses and their affection. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Bioware screwed up UT in 1.2 and now it's not giving artifact (purple) metals. I haven't done it in a while myself.

seriously i F***ing hate this stupid option. Why should oi have to keep running in and outta my ship or log off and on JUST to get some damn METAL missions. everytime i log on my Cyber i see ALL lvl5/6 Rich GIFT missions, i go in ship i vget ONE metal mission then rest are gift missions all over again.

lets take a look at the other mission skills shall we.

Diplo for Biochem gives nothing but Medical Supplies and gifts Hmmmm seems like all bio chems have to do is farm the 3 missions they get for dipl.o and thay have a BUTTTON of mats. No prob here

Treasure hunting for Artifice gives average of 2-3 gemstone missions 2 lockboxes and 2 gift missions Artifice farms their 2 or three and they hanve their mats.

can speak of Investigation since i dropped it for TH but from what i saw they have 2-3 missions that benifit Armstech quite nicely

All these mission skills require NO LOGGING out or ship switching for missions to keep popping up

lastly we get to UWT we get 4 gift missions ONE fabric mission and MAYBE ONE metal mission. *** do Armortechs and Cybertech skill players have to go throuh so much BS just to get the mats we need and that doesnt even INCLUDE whether they crit or not

BW Devs i ask this, can we have it ingame that when you choose Cyber Synth or Armortech that it be coded that UWT gives ONLY the mat they need and not have to go through so many hoops just to take a gamble that we get what we NEED

Since patch 1.2 I only saw "rich" missions for grade 3 or lower metals. Also had crits on those.

For grade 4 and above metals : no rich missions, no crits

man im trying to sell Artifact stuff and only missions i get taht are rich are lvl 5 gift i found maybe 1 rich mission in lvl 3-4 but they hanvt critted in a LONG time so i gave up on them.

My main selling area is the lower lvl cyber stuff for droids since that is a rare market and for the parts i have sold made a good profit. But if i get no rich or dont crit low lvl missions my cyber business is going bust and and thinking bout going back to biochem

I haven't seen a crit result since Grade 3 mats (currently on 5, running them constantly when returns back). This is getting a bit rediculous....

Edited by Azernaia

From a metals mission I got... a synthweaving schematic =(

This may come as a shock, but synthweaving mostly uses the metals as well. It's only synthweaving light armor that uses the fabrics.

That being said, you can still get schematics for light armor from metal missions, so it really is just random what you get.

From a metals mission I got... a synthweaving schematic =(

Since they said : "The chance to receive schematics from Underworld Trading missions has been increased. " in patch note 1.2, could it be that once we get a crit there is another random to select among all category of schematics (syntheweaving, armortech(?)) and rare metal; so after a crit a 1/3 to get a rare metal?

Does anybody got rare metals on UT? rare metals and schematics on same UT mission? (except with unlocked special mission)

i called them the other day regarding this the CS rep i talked to said they are not responsible for in game issues then they sent me an e mail saying it was working as intended i gave up on it don do the crew missions anymore spend more than what its worth

yeah i agree ive spent about a mil credits since 1.2 come out and have crited 3 times on promethium which u need to make 47 mods and armor all i do is quest and craft so 1.2 hit me pretty hard . but if they dont do something with it by the time the free time is up im gonna unsub.