Thanks for punishing people who remodded PvP gear.

Xandarous

So I just discovered that battlemaster gear that was not touched got a bonus 50 expertise (25 on the mod and 25 on the enhancement). My gear was remodded to better suited stats yet I am now down 200 expertise with no sort of compensation?

I would have to refarm all my gear and my extra battlemaster tokens are worthless now so I was wondering if any sort of compensation could be granted here? I would need to farm 5000 EXTRA commendations just because I altered my gear to have better stats.

5000 commendations comes to around 34-37 hours of playtime. Add a trade in so we can trade our old armor in for new armor so we can get the proper modifications with expertise or something.

Lol I love it when ppl come to complain on a forum but not to read the changes.

This was discussed in depth before 1.2hit.

You felt you needed different mods in your gear and took advantage of that pre 1.2

The game developer then in an update decide to change the original mods so you feel entitled to get the updated ones you changed out?

They did not force you, you chose to and they also gave warning incase you wanted to put the old mods back in.

So many ppl want to hate just to hate on bw but in this case I think what they have done is acceptable. Not always the case to be sure, but give them hate when they deserve it.

Who was hating on bio ware? the op didn't even say 1 negative thing about Bio ware, he just suggested that he be able to trade his old battle master gear in for some new battle master gear! Edited by Baneberry

This wasn't a secret. If you wanted your gear to update you needed to put the old mods back or get new pieces.

yep the dev tracker is your friend, if you got time to come to the forums to complain, then you had time to read the dev tracker, people punish themselves by not staying informed, no fault of the company.. /facepalm

You do know that the vast majority of players do not ever, ever frequent these forums? Go ahead, ask in your server's General Chat how many people frequent the official SWTOR forums? Maybe one or two will speak up but otherwise it's just an awkward dead silence until someone switches the subject or an ubiquitious LFG comment appears in your chat box.

In order to be aware of this change, you had to come on the forums, you had to track down the Georg Zoeller's post that was buried in the hundreds of PTS forums posts he and other developers made over a 2-4 week period. Do you honestly think everyone has the extra time to spend on the forums to learn more about the game they simply want to play?

This is absurd. This complaint is absolutely legitimate and it has screwed thousands of players who are in the same situation. I'm one of them. It's ostensibly the #2 reason as to why I've un-subbed (#1 being the omission of Ranked WZs) because, exactly like the OP, I do not want to farm the same pieces of gear again for the third time. Farming BM gear in the form of RNG tokens from daily quests was already a kick in the gonads. Farming the same exact gear for necessary stat increases to compete at high level in PvP is the equivalent of pouring salt over a freshly cut wound.

This change should have been retroactive on all gear that was previously modded without any exception.

This issue has been handled similarly as the Ilum-exploit which happened in January. It's similar in the sense that BW did nothing right to solve the issue. BW promised rollback for those who abused the system but no one, let me it clear, no one has been banned that I know of (and I know quite a few folks on my server who abused the hell out of that exploit when it came out). And I know first-hand since me and my roomate both abused the system to gain 32 Valor ranks in about 10 hours.

Now that I'm quitting I really don't care to admit that I exploited Ilum but if you think that BW has a clue of what they're doing and are actually satisfied with 1.2, then you are the type of person who would probably be satisfied with a replica of Malgus' 7-foot tall statute that would be entirely made out of poop.

So, you played the (hardcore) min/max game, and you're complaining because they're not patting you on the back for it?

THIS IS MY LAUGH OF THE NIGHT FOR THE GUILD, THANKS OP!!!!!:D:D:rolleyes:

How is the OP asking for a pat on the back? He's asking why people who chose to min/max got the shaft in the 1.2 gear conversion. It's a legitimate question.

On a side note; you and your friends are easily amused. Good for you.

You do know that the vast majority of players do not ever, ever frequent these forums? Go ahead, ask in your server's General Chat how many people frequent the official SWTOR forums? Maybe one or two will speak up but otherwise it's just an awkward dead silence until someone switches the subject or an ubiquitious LFG comment appears in your chat box.

In order to be aware of this change, you had to come on the forums, you had to track down the Georg Zoeller's post that was buried in the hundreds of PTS forums posts he and other developers made over a 2-4 week period. Do you honestly think everyone has the extra time to spend on the forums to learn more about the game they simply want to play?

This is absurd. This complaint is absolutely legitimate and it has screwed thousands of players who are in the same situation. I'm one of them. It's ostensibly the #2 reason as to why I've un-subbed (#1 being the omission of Ranked WZs) because, exactly like the OP, I do not want to farm the same pieces of gear again for the third time. Farming BM gear in the form of RNG tokens from daily quests was already a kick in the gonads. Farming the same exact gear for necessary stat increases to compete at high level in PvP is the equivalent of pouring salt over a freshly cut wound.

This change should have been retroactive on all gear that was previously modded without any exception.

This issue has been handled similarly as the Ilum-exploit which happened in January. It's similar in the sense that BW did nothing right to solve the issue. BW promised rollback for those who abused the system but no one, let me it clear, no one has been banned that I know of (and I know quite a few folks on my server who abused the hell out of that exploit when it came out). And I know first-hand since me and my roomate both abused the system to gain 32 Valor ranks in about 10 hours.

Now that I'm quitting I really don't care to admit that I exploited Ilum but if you think that BW has a clue of what they're doing and are actually satisfied with 1.2, then you are the type of person who would probably be satisfied with a replica of Malgus' 7-foot tall statute that would be entirely made out of poop.

its not a legitimate complaint though. if you spent the time to actually know how to min/max your gear then you can find out what is happening with a major patch before it happens. if it was as major of an issue as you say then you should have heard a glimmer in those same chat channels, and found out what was actually happening.

the responsibility lies on the consumer to be informed, not on the company to hold their hand.

its not a legitimate complaint though. if you spent the time to actually know how to min/max your gear then you can find out what is happening with a major patch before it happens. if it was as major of an issue as you say then you should have heard a glimmer in those same chat channels, and found out what was actually happening.

the responsibility lies on the consumer to be informed, not on the company to hold their hand.

It's not rocket science to understand how min/max works. You certainly don't need the forums to figure it out. Obviously not everyone got the 411 on this. I knew beforehand but had already decided to cancel my sub, so I couldn't have cared less on about my gear not converting. However, I can understand those who didn't know being upset.

The forum community is the minority of gamers. There's a difference between hand-holding and what happened here.

He speaketh the truth.

It's not rocket science to understand how min/max works. You certainly don't need the forums to figure it out. Obviously not everyone got the 411 on this. I knew beforehand but had already decided to cancel my sub, so I couldn't have cared less on about my gear not converting. However, I can understand those who didn't know being upset.

The forum community is the minority of gamers. There's a difference between hand-holding and what happened here.

Doesn't matter, Bioware cannot read the player's mind to figure out what they wanted to do with the gear.

It is obvious that BW could have handled the BM gear update better. I can think of a few simple solutions that would have been better. For example, just remove every non-original mod in a BM gear and replace it with the an original right before 1.2 goes live, and when you log in you will receive a quest completion popup, like with crew skills that gives you back all the non-original mods you had in BM gear. Yes its a bit more coding, but infinitely better than screwing over people.

BW definitely did not give sufficient warning regarding this issue. Nowhere but on one official forum post was this mentioned. You could have watched all the preview videos and read all the posts on the official website and still be unaware of this problem.

The 1.5 days warning on when 1.2 will be officially released is also unacceptable. Yes I was aware that patch 1.2 was "coming out soon" for about a month and a half now. However, I will not use the horrid original BM mods and play. Due to my knowledge of how unreliable and incompetent BW have been lately, I truthfully had no idea when 1.2 was really going to come out. At the beginning I wishfully thought it would be in a week or two, after a month I wouldn't have been surprised if I was told it was going to be a year. So what happens if I had a business trip that 1.5 days and can't log in? So to all of you that said we knew it was "coming" and should have been prepared, GO **** YOURSELF.

I have posted a few times in an attempt to warn BW about how poorly they are handling this issue. Although I did managed to replace my mods in time, I can't help but feel this is a waste of my time and money and BW's incompetence will continue to drive this game farther into its grave. As a result I have unsubbed and will only play till my subscription ends.

Edited by Vinxius

Shrug, just prove that you're a better pvper than your gear to carry you. I rock 0 on my marauder. Top of the charts even after the huge nerf of no expertise vs expertise gear. Always top 3 objective points. You'll be fine.

This is absurd. This complaint is absolutely legitimate and it has screwed thousands of players who are in the same situation. I'm one of them.

Legitimate? Only in your head. Seriously, whose fault is that? You probably play (past tense now I guess) more in two days than I do in a week, but I read up on updates. Do you know why? Because my time is valuable, and I'd rather take 30 mins to get the big picture of what's coming down the road and adjust accordingly than spend my precious time on dead ends. Clearly many PvPers preferred to stay queued up on the fleet and exchange innane banter over the general chat instead of taking a short break from hours of such acitivity to see how such a large update would affect what they spend so much of their time doing.

"Chance favors the prepared mind."... remember it, a smarter man than either of us said it first.

The majority of ppl that this change affected are seasoned MMO vets who know that reading patch notes and checking the forums is crucial. If they dont know they better learn fast or they'll be crying a helluva lot more in the years to come.

The fact that you freely admit you CHEATED the GAME. I am GLAD your GEAR wasnt the way you THINK it should be. YOU CHEATED to get it...

SERVES YOU RIGHT!!!

So I just discovered that battlemaster gear that was not touched got a bonus 50 expertise (25 on the mod and 25 on the enhancement). My gear was remodded to better suited stats yet I am now down 200 expertise with no sort of compensation?

I would have to refarm all my gear and my extra battlemaster tokens are worthless now so I was wondering if any sort of compensation could be granted here? I would need to farm 5000 EXTRA commendations just because I altered my gear to have better stats.

5000 commendations comes to around 34-37 hours of playtime. Add a trade in so we can trade our old armor in for new armor so we can get the proper modifications with expertise or something.

And samething is gona happen everytime there is bigger patch/update/expansion so better get used to it or quit.

They steal ur stuff give no compensation nd asks u to pay so u can make same stuff over and over...oh wait its MMO i thought something else :p

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.