Win a Life-Sized Figure of Darth Malgus

AlysonBridge

lolz at eu being responsible for VAT and charges.

If you get stopped at customs and have to pay anything that's 20% VAT so you would pay $1200 just to get it into the country on top of postage (which you may as well buy a plane seat for). And you would no doubt get stung by the £8 admin charge from ParcelForce!

Would love it but applying would be suicide!

This is exactly what I'm trying to get to the dense individual above. He somehow thinks they are going to ship the item outside of the country to induce the inspection of a customs agent when the terms and conditions clearly state a US only contest. Customs officials of any variety would not be involved in looking at your package. Please, don't enter the contest J-Sheridan...someone with more than 5 brain cells should be getting this thing.

Their sales page and contest page are one and the same. Their normal shipping page does allow for you to ship things outside of the US, but the contest is not applicable to these rules. I figured it would be obvious they copypasta'd the same page for likely legal reasons even when it doesn't apply to this situation.

Edited by VanillaXpC

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who in their right mind would want something like that? It's almost insulting.

Hey, BioWare, instead of spending money producing seven foot doll, how about you spend money hiring some more developers to get this game off life support? Is this seriously what you're spending your time on?

As scary as the thought might be that someone would actually believe that EA/BW spent money to produce this, I actually believe you do think that ...

I'll bet they even took the entire DEV team off the coding of the game just so they could all play with clay and make tiny models of the statue and then had a contest to pick which was the best to make into a life sized version of it !!!

DAMN YOU EA !! STOP PLAYING WITH TOYS AND GET BACK TO MAKING GAMES !!

"life-sized figure of Darth Malgus"

One of the creepiest prizes ever.

I think that whoever wins should also get a letter that starts off with:

"We are sorry to say that you won and we apologize for any heart-attacks or nightmares in your children this statue might cause ...."

heheh

Who in their right mind would want something like that? It's almost insulting.

Hey, BioWare, instead of spending money producing seven foot doll, how about you spend money hiring some more developers to get this game off life support? Is this seriously what you're spending your time on?

Truly you don't think this is a new, just for you statue? It's their promo, which they had made for their e3, and other pre-launch events they went to to pimp the game......now, no one wants to tote the huge thing around, Ohlen saw it in a closet somewhere in Austin, sez 'get it out of here' = contest.......

Google swtor e3 pics, you'll see him in several shots....

I wonder how many sick people rubbed their body parts on this thing in the various booths across the country.......

Edited by Rasticles

I think that whoever wins should also get a letter that starts off with:

"We are sorry to say that you won and we apologize for any heart-attacks or nightmares in your children this statue might cause ...."

heheh

haha I agree

Starting today and continuing until May 11th, 2012, individuals will be able to enter for a chance to win a life-sized figure of Darth Malgus

Life-sized stardestroyer any time after this. I wanted 'shiped' with a full operational ray cannon...ohh wait thats a Death Star.

Just 'ship' it with a fully operational hyperdrive engine should do it

Edited by Phenyr

"life-sized figure of Darth Malgus"

One of the creepiest prizes ever.

Yet strangely alluring and something in my twisted sense of humor would love to have. If nothing else to freak out my kids and nephew.

As scary as the thought might be that someone would actually believe that EA/BW spent money to produce this, I actually believe you do think that ...

I'll bet they even took the entire DEV team off the coding of the game just so they could all play with clay and make tiny models of the statue and then had a contest to pick which was the best to make into a life sized version of it !!!

DAMN YOU EA !! STOP PLAYING WITH TOYS AND GET BACK TO MAKING GAMES !!

Please read posts before you reply to them. I said hire more developers. I didn't presume that BioWare had their developers stop what they're doing and make a life-sized doll out of clay.

I can't believe I'm explaining this. BioWare has a budget of money (which doesn't grow on trees). This budget can be used for a variety of things. It can be used to hire workers, expand workspace, upgrade hardware, and pay electricity bills, for instance. It can also be used to throw coke parties and purchase seven foot dolls to give to people. By showing us that they're spending upwards of $6000 for this doll tells me that they're not effectively budgeting their money to fix the broken aspects of this game.

Edited by Anomorn

Truly you don't think this is a new, just for you statue? It's their promo, which they had made for their e3, and other pre-launch events they went to to pimp the game......now, no one wants to tote the huge thing around, Ohlen saw it in a closet somewhere in Austin, sez 'get it out of here' = contest.......

Google swtor e3 pics, you'll see him in several shots....

I wonder how many sick people rubbed their body parts on this thing in the various booths across the country.......

Well I wasn't at E3, so this I would understand. I can still say that eBay would be a more appropriate place for this item. It's not like giving it to somebody is going to encourage non-subscribers to pick up the game. Might as well make a little money off it.

Edited my original post - discretion is the better part of valour n all that - would have deleted post completely if I could - just dont want to repeat anothers post, which has allready been deleted. so well done mods ;) Edited by Dreamborn

Well I wasn't at E3, so this I would understand. I can still say that eBay would be a more appropriate place for this item. It's not like giving it to somebody is going to encourage non-subscribers to pick up the game. Might as well make a little money off it.

And then hire a new developer for a week with the proceeds? Iiiiii'm not sure that'll help.

Why only US residents.

It's probably pretty fragile. Shipping large fragile stuff overseas is often a bad idea if you want it to be in good condition at the end of the trip.

Edited by smartalectwo

You may be right that it is an outside PR firm and not Bioware, the legalese still remains the same though. And yeah I'll agree the timing was piss poor (I bet the will fear any Friday the 13th in the future) but I'm willing to bet that it really was a matter of coincidence, as I'm sure no one at Bioware sat back and said "maybe we shouldn't do the statue thing the day after outlet first big update just in case something goes wrong". This is more like a grand opening of a store to find out the supplier of their signature item to be sold dropped the ball and lost the shipment the day before the event. Not the stores fault exactly, the grand opening was planned months in advance, but Murphy stepped in and screwed everything up at the last minute.

Yes, good old Murphy never gets too old to do his thing and create havoc where havoc is due! :)

I feel sorry for the community guys on the frontline of this, but hey, if you're gonna crash might as well do a helluva job at it! :cool:

Edited by z-ray