Not Happy. Taugrim From Pro Guides,Pro Gameplay On Patch 1.2

Lord_Karsk

Because they didn't say they were making all crew skills equally viable, not economically, not for PvE, and not for PvP. The claim was *never* made.

You built up expectations of what was coming in this patch when it comes to crew skills, those expectations weren't met, but that doesn't mean they didn't come through with what they had promised involving crew skills. It just means you had unrealistic expectations that you built around a statement that you likely misunderstood.

What an intellectual way of making such a playground-style attack on what I've said.

Do we get snacks on recess today?

Yes, I did make an attack. Well done for spotting that. Of course it's hard not to respond in kind when you're writing things like "...the rest of your post not worth bothering with." But I suppose in the end I will bow to your superior intellectual maturity.

As for the whole crew skills debate (which I might add, is a side issue), I mean when they said in the guild summit that they weren't happy with having any crew skill be a "requirement" and were going to fix that in 1.2, I unreasonably took that to mean that they would take steps to make sure that, say, being an armormech wouldn't put you at a disadvantage any more. Good point on your part that their months of work resulting in reinforcing the position of biochem as a required profession (at least in competitive PvP) is part of the whole "work in progress" development method.

An alternate reading of this could be that like everything else in this patch, these were changes made with PvE in mind and the PvP side of things was half-assed and ill conceived.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I did make an attack. Well done for spotting that. Of course it's hard not to respond in kind when you're writing things like "...the rest of your post not worth bothering with." But I suppose in the end I will bow to your superior intellectual maturity.

Why do I picture those 2 brothers from southpark arguing the point on how many Star Trek episodes there were....

Superior intellectual maturity. Indeed *strokes moustache

Bravo bioware not only are players quitting due to 1.2 pvp now bloggers are quitting. Not a regular blogger but the biggest supporter of the game in beta and since release because he loved that it took time to kill people and wasnt a gibfest. After the last republic podcast monday i am not suprised that the next day taugrim quit. Bravo bioware. Bravo.

Yeah it is sad.

And i just played a wz now at lvl 50 to see how things are today after the patch.

WZ coms etc are fine but the fact that players still die like they are naked and have no armor is just sad.

Makes the game no fun for PvP players.I mean how dumb is it to increase damage but not damage reduction...

GW2 weeken next week and i'm in....:)

Edited by Lord_Karsk

Why do I picture those 2 brothers from southpark arguing the point on how many Star Trek episodes there were....

Superior intellectual maturity. Indeed *strokes moustache

I was impressed by this trolling and then I realised who it was! Very good.

Bravo bioware not only are players quitting due to 1.2 pvp now bloggers are quitting. Not a regular blogger but the biggest supporter of the game in beta and since release because he loved that it took time to kill people and wasnt a gibfest. After the last republic podcast monday i am not suprised that the next day taugrim quit. Bravo bioware. Bravo.

Funny, I don't particularly like Taugrim but I stumbled across his stream last night and he seemed to be still playing.

p.s. I remember him from beta on Darth Malak, he spent a lot of time on low level chars thinking about PvP and not enough time doing it. Just my impression.

Funny, I don't particularly like Taugrim but I stumbled across his stream last night and he seemed to be still playing.

p.s. I remember him from beta on Darth Malak, he spent a lot of time on low level chars thinking about PvP and not enough time doing it. Just my impression.

Ironically, I see him a lot on low level chars PvPing lately, though I haven't seen his sniper in a week or so.