Not Happy. Taugrim From Pro Guides,Pro Gameplay On Patch 1.2

Lord_Karsk

This guy is dead on. I think the heart of the problem is Bioware's inability to character copy level 50's to the test server in order to thoroughly test this stuff. IMO that shoudl have been priority number one since before launch.

I would bet money that most of these issues would have been made immediately apparent if they had a large level 50 testing base for pvp on the pts.

Its like a tangled up cable that just got more tangled and will be harder straighten out now.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the worst in terms of selfish whiners I ever seen too. Its like people do not understand that things won't be perfect out the get go. Its the "i want this now that now" & fix this now, nerf that now, buff this now". I blame the generation of recent console gamers that never played PC titles really.

Either way Taug had some good points & like most things, they will get looked. This game isn't even a year old and its getting content and patch fixes at probably the fastest rate I ever seen in an MMO.

I totally agree.

Maybe many think that if they rage enough at Bioware they'll cave and give a "fix." ME3 anyone?

I find it amusing that the people who were probably raging about OP healers are now laughing at said healers who are now the ones ************ that they're broken....

Just can't make everyone happy unfortunately. There will always be people angry with things like this. I've learned to deal with it or adapt because eventually things normally get fixed. People just don't have patience and you are absolutely right about them being fast with content and patches.

I had the same sense of Rift class balance deja vu after this patch...

In all honesty I still like the game- I just really, really hope they address the comm issue for WZ's...it's a horrible time to swap builds with having to acquire multiple BM sets in order to stay geared for the different builds (due to the War Hero needing a specific SET part).

I'll eek by on my PT- play a few builds...but some classes right now are over the top far beyond what the old Ops had been at during launch (at least you would only see one or two of those Ops/Scoundrels every several wz's...not full teams of them).

The quality of the PVP experience has suffered due to much lower Time-to-Kill (TTK)

That is all. It's not even fun. Getting 100-0'd in a stun is NOT ENTERTAINING.

Being able to stun someone and take them from 100% to dead before they get a chance to react is NOT ENTERTAINING.

It's NOT ENTERTAINING.

Nerf damage (or raise resistance) granted by expertise. Healing needed to be brought down a few notches for sure. See how it is with a lot less damage going out, then if you need to reevaluate healing, do so.

As it is, I won't log in again until I see a change. If I wanted to kill everything in 2-3 attacks I'd be playing an FPS.

He pretty much sums up how we all feel. Competetive and casual players.

SWTOR PVP in 1.2: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

I agree with The Bad. But don't agree at all with The Ugly. Oh well, you know what opinions are like...

He actually missed the most important detracting factor to 1.2...the complete disincentivizing of OPvP.

Edited by DarthOvertone

This guy is dead on. I think the heart of the problem is Bioware's inability to character copy level 50's to the test server in order to thoroughly test this stuff. IMO that shoudl have been priority number one since before launch.

That's the odd thing- you would think that they would really want input at the endgame lvl for class balance and gameplay...not lvl 10.

<<

Since November and up to 1.2, I have stated that SWTOR had the best class balance of the major MMORPGs. Of course, the balance was not perfect...

>>

No credibility right there. I couldn't disagree more.

PVP in SWTOR now is better than it has ever been.

You are suffering from a horrid delusion....or you play a maurader.

Fact is things will not change until Gabe Amatangelo if fired/quits. Hopefully he can read the forums and see he has made a mistake and perhaps fix it...but lets face it, when has any lead designer ever admitted they were wrong? It isn't in their chemical make-up to admit fault.

That's the odd thing- you would think that they would really want input at the endgame lvl for class balance and gameplay...not lvl 10.

I don't think it's a case of not wanting lv50 feedback.

I think it's more a case of not having an automated way to get lv50s on the PTS, or even a blank lv50 "template" character to test.

It's incompetence, not conspiracy. Not better, I know.

I have not played since patch. Just as Taugrim I proudly told people that the PVP class balance was one of the best (for the same reason as he did in that there could be tactical play). I was concerned since I am a Sorc and noticed that my burst healing/damage was gone (ps don't agree with his comment regarding extricate). I was gonna go healing and play with dark heal possibly. Thinking that balance would still be maintained.

A lot of these changes were to make PVE content harder. But impacted PVP. Combine with the rebalancing of expertise and gear. Time to Kill (TTK) so low that people are widely reporting being gibbed worries me if that is the case it sounds less fun.

That will kill any remaining true PVPers remaining in this game. Before my complaints were mechanical FPS ability delay- this is troubling. Maybe stat values on gear?? As a fix??? Don't know. Cause I really love Star Wars.

Time to Kill (TTK) so low that people are widely reporting being gibbed worries me if that is the case it sounds less fun.

That will kill any remaining true PVPers remaining in this game. Before my complaints were mechanical FPS ability delay- this is troubling. Maybe stat values on gear?? As a fix??? Don't know. Cause I really love Star Wars.

You need to get in game and give PvP a whirl. You will quickly discover it is not that bad, especially if you have a pocket Tank.

I agree with much of what he has said.

I truly do hope BW looks at the metrics over the next week or so, and realizes how much of a nerf to defense has been created. Players die much quicker, especially if a battlemaster is involved. Fights are quickly becoming a zergfest, and healers viability is quickly being replaced with dps.

Pre 1.2 it was rare for a team in Voidstar or CW with no tanks or healers to win against a team with healers. Now, it is becoming commonplace as healers can be focused down in reduced time. With healers being burned down at a faster rate, they become less useful against good teams.

Pre 1.2 having a fight between two small groups of relatively equal gear was interesting and tactical. Now it is fast and brutal. Smash the other team in seconds to win, brute force trumps tactics in 1.2

<<

Since November and up to 1.2, I have stated that SWTOR had the best class balance of the major MMORPGs. Of course, the balance was not perfect...

>>

Your opinion of course. I couldn't disagree more.

The shadow assassin imbalance isn't really an issue of the class being OP its just the fact that the gear system and damage mitigation properties allow you to stack DMG out of proportion to stacking defense making it better to take a small hit to HP or defense for a large boost in damage output.

Although I honestly think that a much simpler answer is simply switching some talents around so it is harder to have all the benefits of a tank without going full spec. The last thing I want to see is the tank spec get nerfed since that really isn't the issue as I am fully spec in tank tree with tank gear and the damage I do is really pretty bad.

Some of the other stuff I have to play more. I honestly don't think the increased damage/time to kill is that major of an issue. The game is still tactical you just have to make decisions a bit faster and you no longer have to deal with a tank or healer taking 5 minutes to kill.

Honestly, that is the problem. Tanks are SUPPOSED to be hard to kill. And healers SHOULD truly be able to heal. As a PT Tank you no longer have to focus me. A single Sentinel/Marauder can cut me down easily...even with an ally focus healing me. 1.2 has made PvP a simple gibfest. It is much better to respec DPS and join in the slaughter.

I've followed Taugrim through his blog, Gamebreaker, and youtube releases. He has a pretty cerebral interpretation of pvp play throughout a few games. He's mostly been level-headed with his reviews. But when he dislikes something the shazz hits the fan.

I disagreed with him on most of his Rift 1.5 rant but I fully agree with him concerning his latest post concerning SWOTR 1.2.

At this point, I believe pvp development in this game needs new leadership. Hire Taugrim IMO.

Edited by GRINnBARRETT

<<

>>

Sure... Im gonna dispute everything he wrote by collecting information and drawing a conclusion, and just take your word for it that PVP in SWTOR is the best it has ever been.

Do I really need to tell you why you are a tool, or do you see it now?

You are entitled to your opinion, but if you're gonna piss on a respected players feedback you better damn well bring some arguments with you.

People like you ruin forums.

When Taugrim speaks people listen. If Bw had a small clue they would hire a guy like this and solve there problems overnite. For those that are dissing him, What have you ever done in the gaming world and posted it?.......hears crickets.......Thought so!;)

LOL who is this taugrim i never heard of him? Is he the number #1 in the world in swtor pvp or something? (LMFAO nvm hes from WOW, enough said )

LOL who is this "ATG" some kind of forum troll GoD??? NvM he has a lot of LTT issues.

Edited by Zekeiele

i play a full bm immortal spec juggy.

0-49 was great fun pvp ! i wrecked face everyday ( mostly because players are bad overall, cry about targeting and/or stuns ).

Its a new game adapt ! make new keybindings.

dont just hope some one is gonna make you a mold you can sink into.

Dont like Tab targeting ? change it to another key maybe one on your mouse and make it target nearest enemy.

Just handle it.

Did a whole night of pvp in 1.2

And im still wrecking face.

15 medals in one match it was great.