These screw ups...especially the new downtime requires a bit more than a free month.

Memetical

I'm to a point of being fed up. First the ranked was gone, then they didn't alter the way to purchase ranked gear (still need a requirement of 1800+ RANKED RATING, ***) and now they have taken down the servers until 7pm (EST) ON A FRIDAY where a lot of people play who have days off and were really looking to play the game to try out 1.2.

I honestly haven't seen an MMO mess up this catastrophically. I know I know everyone cries on the forums but this is just too much. As someone who has been playing since early access and who have given them so much leeway concerning their mess ups I'm honestly fed up. I've tried so hard to give them the benefit of the doubt but I'm speechless. My brother who is seriously against this game because of all the problems even took the 7 free days yesterday because of 1.2 .

30 days is a nice gesture but we really need something more than this. I've never wrote a forum post like this because I've always defended this because it's a new game, because it's their first attempt at an MMO etc etc but I am appalled at their lack of professionalism. And to throw salt in the wound it's possible I may have to pay this month (since my billing cycle payment is taken on the 19th) because they said that it may take up till to the 24th.

I think the they need to give the 30 days to EVERYONE (people who aren't 50s and people who are getting the 7free days). Just a blanket 30 days.

TLDR?

Because of their mess ups (with today included) they should give the 30 days to everyone, not just the people who are getting the 7days. Or something more...because this is ridiculous.

Sorry for the rant, not something I do but I'm really disappointed (and I'm sure a LOT of people are too).

Thank you for reading this if you did.

~Michael

So you haven't played another MMO before?

They took the ranked warzones out because it wasn't working properly, had they left it in we would see the same 10000 posts complaining about how bugged it is.

Edited by DarkhawkXY

So you haven't played another MMO before?

They took the ranked warzones out because it wasn't working properly, had they left it in we would see the same 10000 posts complaining about how bugged it is.

I'm not talking exclusively about the ranked warzones exclusively, I'm talking about this botched patching process...the servers are down today because of another screw up.

I don't remember anyone asking Blizz for a free month when they used to F up the servers or the log in servers and you'd spend up to 24 - 48 hours without anything to do.

Welcome to MMOs ... Crap Happens. Though honestly their Patch / Server teams needs a huge overhaul or perhaps some sort of management thats familiar with the MMO / patching structure. Its obvious they're lacking somewhere at this point.

Still they don't owe us a free month for a missed day or two.

Yeah, this game has had a string of non-successes... for shame! It's Friday the 13th... bad karma day.

Still, both sides of this have points:

Light side - They are doing what they can to provide us a future of great gaming.

Dark side - They botched again, their total incompetence will be their downfall.

I am still neutral on this, I am glad to see their own up to a mistake and are forthcoming on fixing it ASAP... even if that means the day for me is shot. Awarding us time for their inability to provide service is acceptable, I am not sure 30 days is necessary but I wont scoff at the idea.

Every MMO I have played (early EQ1) to now has had similar issues. This isn't new, but it is unfortunate.

It be nice to see more people support them than fight them on this, but I guess everyone is dark side these days.

I'm to a point of being fed up. First the ranked was gone, then they didn't alter the way to purchase ranked gear (still need a requirement of 1800+ RANKED RATING, ***) and now they have taken down the servers until 7pm (EST) ON A FRIDAY where a lot of people play who have days off and were really looking to play the game to try out 1.2.

I honestly haven't seen an MMO mess up this catastrophically. I know I know everyone cries on the forums but this is just too much. As someone who has been playing since early access and who have given them so much leeway concerning their mess ups I'm honestly fed up. I've tried so hard to give them the benefit of the doubt but I'm speechless. My brother who is seriously against this game because of all the problems even took the 7 free days yesterday because of 1.2 .

30 days is a nice gesture but we really need something more than this. I've never wrote a forum post like this because I've always defended this because it's a new game, because it's their first attempt at an MMO etc etc but I am appalled at their lack of professionalism. And to throw salt in the wound it's possible I may have to pay this month (since my billing cycle payment is taken on the 19th) because they said that it may take up till to the 24th.

I think the they need to give the 30 days to EVERYONE (people who aren't 50s and people who are getting the 7free days). Just a blanket 30 days.

TLDR?

Because of their mess ups (with today included) they should give the 30 days to everyone, not just the people who are getting the 7days. Or something more...because this is ridiculous.

Sorry for the rant, not something I do but I'm really disappointed (and I'm sure a LOT of people are too).

~Michael

You must be New....

TLDR?

~Michael

Heh, I'll say this much to you. WoW's launch was FAR more catastrophic than this.

I don't remember anyone asking Blizz for a free month when they used to F up the servers or the log in servers and you'd spend up to 24 - 48 hours without anything to do.

Welcome to MMOs ... Crap Happens. Though honestly their Patch / Server teams needs a huge overhaul or perhaps some sort of management thats familiar with the MMO / patching structure. Its obvious they're lacking somewhere at this point.

as someone who played warcraft from open beta onwards of 6 years i can say that any time there was out of the ordinary extended maintenance or very long downtimes they did indeed credit days on to your account and extend game time.

i'm not a huge fan of blizzard but they were more professional in terms of keeping the community informed and handling problems.

Edited by teambff

Actually, that kind of thing happened all the time in WoW.

But it was generally shouted down by the people that knew this sort of thing can happen.

I agree. Crap happens.

Clearly you did not play World of Warcraft at launch, or for the first six months.

Good day, sir.

This

as someone who played warcraft from open beta onwards of 6 years i can say that any time there was out of the ordinary extended maintenance or very long downtimes they did indeed credit days on to your account and extend game time.

i'm not a huge fan of blizzard but they were more professional in terms of keeping the community informed and handling problems.

and ive just been over my wow account, guess how many free days i got for a solid 7 years of constant subscribing, 6 days and that includes all the mess ups with server crashes never mind emergency shutdowns.

Zero loyalty gifts and definatly not a free month.

Edited by Shingara

Actually, that kind of thing happened all the time in WoW.

But it was generally shouted down by the people that knew this sort of thing can happen.

I agree. Crap happens.

Exactly, MMO gaming is always a learning experience for developers. That's because things can always happen in the middle of a patching/maintenance. There is a reason we have a thing called software development. MMO games are just a very very complex version of it. It is always a problem, sometimes easily fixed, sometimes not. The fact is, we should all take it in stride. We may want to game on something, but if programming conflicts happen during a patch/maintenance. We have to deal with it accordingly. It's not like you get into a car accident and don't have to deal with the consequences of the accident happening in the first place right? This is just a part of MMO gaming. You take the good with the bad, if it is a product you enjoy, you'll accept that while annoying, it is something that CAN happen and always will in some form or another.

After Shadowbane this is pure gravy.

That game had 30 min lag spikes sever wide and 45 min rubberbanding effects.

We used to use the forums as a playground and this did really build the community.

The game itself though good concept horrid implmentation.

Hello everyone,

We know that a number of you wish to discuss this issue and in order to keep the discussion together we ask that everyone use this thread. This will help to ensure our forums are tidy and everyone can participate in the ongoing conversation. We will be closing this thread, feel free to carry on there!