MY 1.2 Scorc PVP healing spec and why

Dayin

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201GGMRrd0drZfobM0M.1

Very simply subversion will help with the force regen without costing health. I did not have any problems with force. and if your going that far into lightening tree it makes no sense not to get electric bindings, nothing is better for getting those pesky melee dps off you for a few seconds.

Not that different from what I used pre 1.2 infact for me it is the same spec. But I see so much qq about OMG I DIE TO FAST/OFTEN I cant keep force etc etc etc. Try this spec instead.

Interesting build, but personally I prefer having Salvation/Rev in my spec. Since 1.2 I found myself relying more and more on it's massive AoE heal since I cant whip out my nuke heals on short CD so much any more (the margin for error for people to whip out an interrupt has increased significantly).

rev is worthless imo, people have to stand in it and in pvp there is just to much movement a lot of the time. Now if you run with a regular group or your rated plans are to have two scorc healers then yes one of you having rev may be a good idea. But it costs a lot of force, and imo the survivability and the force regen you get by ditching it is way better. Cant heal if im dead.

Ontop of that I out heal a lot of scorcs on my server because I die ALOT less. lol

Edited by Dayin

Without Rev, you would be better off going full dps and having one of your operative switch to healing. When I say better off, I mean way way way better off.

Disagree I can heal better numbers then the ones with rev. Rev is for PVE

Here's what I wish to try: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600hGrRMdrdhzZfobM.1

It's all about bubbles and making your team move faster than enemy team. I play in Premades often.

IMO, we have to teach people get that bonus from our AoE heal and stay in it when it's safe of AoE of DPSers, otherwise we loose big chunk of healing potential.

Edited by Shadenuat

Here's what I wish to try: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600hGrRMdrdhzZfobM.1

It's all about bubbles and making your team move faster than enemy team. I play in Premades often.

IMO, we have to teach people get that bonus from our AoE heal and stay in it when it's safe of AoE of DPSers, otherwise we loose big chunk of healing potential.

Hey as long as your not the person QQ cause they die to much idk witha premade it changes everything they are more likely to protect you.

I like my premade group but I also solo que a lot

Disagree I can heal better numbers then the ones with rev. Rev is for PVE

That is impossible given equal skilled healers. Using rev properly is clutch, the problem is that SO many sorc healers were clueless as to how to use it.

Regardless, my sorc healer is pointless to run compared to my operative against people that have a clue.

I did 23/14/4 myself from 31/7/3. It works for pvp. I just dont think Consumption is worth the hassle.

You are dead from all the DPS before you run out of mana. If someone is on you you wont use Consumption. Finally if you are playing where you need Consumption your opponents are no good and chances are you will win anyways imho with or without it.

On the other hand the extra lockout on the interupt is brutal to an eney healer.

The AE game is pro DPS anyways. DPS AE's can be spammed and the AE heal is on a cooldown.

Edited by LancelotOC

It's a pretty decent build, but tbh, with all the Melee-DPS running around atm, I wouldn't even open my door without a stunbubble on me.

I play with this spec:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600GGMRMd0zZfkbr0MrZ0z.1

I've used this build even before 1.2. and found it to be the most effective build: it's absolutely deadly against melee-zerg-pug's, but it's also the build with the highest heal/prot against well played and superbly orchestrated spikes:

You have basically all the stuns and faster CD on force-speed to grant you max survivability, it's absolutely great against melee-DPS that got buffed very hard and you won't feel any of the nerfs forced upon the sage (yeah, forced upon - enjoy that wordplay guys!)

FAQ: (I've recommended this build to every sage-healer on my server and most concerns were sth like this):

- But you don't have AoE-heal, why? Also, you suck!

Well, AoE-heal of the Sage sucks in PvP, also, you loose so many points in survavability and with the recent nerf to the mana-management, it gets even more squishy.

- You don't have any Mana-management, r u stoopid OR stH??

On most Maps, the engagements don't last long enough for you to run OOM, on others, like Voidstar, you can time your death right to respawn instantly with full Mana. Also, use your out-of-combat regen. If you notice that you're running out of Mana and you don't have to heal sth. right away, spam around a few Disturbances for higher regen and the Effusion-Buff. With the recent Patch, Mana-management of this build got even better because of the rejuvenate+Deliverance "nerf". It's not a somewhat fast Heal for a lot of HP anymore, it's a Heal you use to heal up pressure if you have enough time. If you need to heal fast, you'll have to use trance or the bubble.

- Why do you have points in clamoring force, are you planning on doing DMG with that build you lowbob?!

it's basically a filler-point and since you use your Disturbance sometimes, you might as well put it in there....

I'm doing pretty fine with this build atm compared to other builds, even though I can't keep my teammates alive as long as before...

The good thing as well is that stuns can't get touched by reduced healing from impot.... I mean competence, so maximizing your CC is a must as a Sage healer atm.

Edited by kickinhead

I've tried that spec sage side several times and don't really like it. The 5 second roots is good don't get me wrong, but if you're doing random warzones thats not going to save you against several dps. I prefer salvation dev spec for the added healing and really now the cost compared to the hps of your other heals is not that bad when used with rejuvenate. You can drop it down and line a lot of times or max range till you have to come back in to heal and imo that style of play is better for survival than the root spec. Also predropping it when you know you're going to get switched to is pretty nice.

The root spec seems better on voidstar (defending) where you have no room to work with, however you also benefit the most from salvation on voidstar because of the cluster**** lay out of the map.

The healing output is noticeably lower and casting disturbance/lightning strike for regen is only a luxury if you're probably going to win the fight anyways. I'm not talking premades or random wzs where you're already going to win. You could play those without a spec and still be effective if you have the better team.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201GGMRrd0drZfobM0M.1

Very simply subversion will help with the force regen without costing health. I did not have any problems with force. and if your going that far into lightening tree it makes no sense not to get electric bindings, nothing is better for getting those pesky melee dps off you for a few seconds.

Not that different from what I used pre 1.2 infact for me it is the same spec. But I see so much qq about OMG I DIE TO FAST/OFTEN I cant keep force etc etc etc. Try this spec instead.

You are aware of the changes to Force Surge? It WILL cost health to cast consumption still. Personally I'd much rather drop Force Surge and rather spend it on something more useful. Even the speed boost with static barrier probably makes more sense than getting rid of that actually rather short force degeneration debuff.

It's a pretty decent build, but tbh, with all the Melee-DPS running around atm, I wouldn't even open my door without a stunbubble on me.

I play with this spec:

I've used this build even before 1.2. and found it to be the most effective build: it's absolutely deadly against melee-zerg-pug's, but it's also the build with the highest heal/prot against well played and superbly orchestrated spikes:

You have basically all the stuns and faster CD on force-speed to grant you max survivability, it's absolutely great against melee-DPS that got buffed very hard and you won't feel any of the nerfs forced upon the sage (yeah, forced upon - enjoy that wordplay guys!)

FAQ: (I've recommended this build to every sage-healer on my server and most concerns were sth like this):

Well, AoE-heal of the Sage sucks in PvP, also, you loose so many points in survavability and with the recent nerf to the mana-management, it gets even more squishy.

On most Maps, the engagements don't last long enough for you to run OOM, on others, like Voidstar, you can time your death right to respawn instantly with full Mana. Also, use your out-of-combat regen. If you notice that you're running out of Mana and you don't have to heal sth. right away, spam around a few Disturbances for higher regen and the Effusion-Buff. With the recent Patch, Mana-management of this build got even better because of the rejuvenate+Deliverance "nerf". It's not a somewhat fast Heal for a lot of HP anymore, it's a Heal you use to heal up pressure if you have enough time. If you need to heal fast, you'll have to use trance or the bubble.

- Why do you have points in clamoring force, are you planning on doing DMG with that build you lowbob?!

it's basically a filler-point and since you use your Disturbance sometimes, you might as well put it in there....

I'm doing pretty fine with this build atm compared to other builds, even though I can't keep my teammates alive as long as before...

The good thing as well is that stuns can't get touched by reduced healing from impot.... I mean competence, so maximizing your CC is a must as a Sage healer atm.

Just want to say that I've used this build (well similar, I put points into Chain Lightning and the one above it) for 21/20/0. It is really quite fun, and especially the force speed cooldown is much nicer.

It's an interesting build Kickinhead, though I feel it complements your survivability too much by sacrificing your support abilities which could benefit your team. Seems like something a tired of constantly jumpen on and being uncared by it's team sage would run with.

Hate to bring up the obvious here, but despite what you're giving up the numbers simply dont add up.

Assuming you could perfectly keep your stacks up, which in a real world scenario is very unlikely. you gain a total of 24 force (2.4 per second) over a 10 second period, at the cost of 30 force, plus the initial cost to get your three stacks. So doing this actually still makes you force negative by 6 points and consumes a GCD every 10 seconds with a casted ability that keeps you from kiting while casting and does some mediocre single target damage.

The idea is sound, its just not enough regen to make it worthwhile.

This is what I'm using now and what I've been using in preparation for 1.2 in 1.1.5:

21/20/0

Basically as long as I do Telekinetic Throw and/or Disturbance I never even have to result to Noble Sacrifice. Plus It enables me to kite 2 (3 in 1.1.5) Marauders with ease for as long as I want.

Salvation is just too costly now to be used often enough and Resplendence is just plain useless.

My overall healing is about 100k less with this build due to lack of salvation but those ticks are mostly topping people off not a MUST have.

However as it turns out now in 1.2 I'm gonna need a lot of alacrity from augments and what not to cover up for the cast time of Deliverance, Benevolence heals only for about 2k crit for me... and that's just not enough to keep anyone alive.

It's an interesting build Kickinhead, though I feel it complements your survivability too much by sacrificing your support abilities which could benefit your team. Seems like something a tired of constantly jumpen on and being uncared by it's team sage would run with.

About the other Heal-output: You won't notice mana-problems if you play well and the added 3 sec stun on the bubble is often worth much more than a few K more healing

Edited by kickinhead

The idea is sound, its just not enough regen to make it worthwhile.

I think, the point is: it's better to have mediocre damaging ability that regenerates force (Disturbance), than to cast mediocre damagin ability that does't (Project).

I play with this spec:

Love it! may try it. I still use my surge currently so I still wanted the not degenerating force part even though I try to limit its use now.

Honestly all the people hating on the survival healing builds saying its not worth the loss in healing numbers think of wow.

Who wins the fire mage with OP damage?

Or the frost mage with survival abilities?