Speculation for a possible "apology present"?

DarthWoad

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Every mmo has this group of people who feel entitled to some "apology present / gimme gimme gimme" when things don't go their way. Servers are down? Go outside? Thats the place you used to go alot. Taking a break from rebuilding a cylinder head myself and its a pretty day where I am.

No mmo gives out freebies when servers go down, because its silly to do so. If your cable goes out for 8 hours I seriously want you to record the conversation and youtube it so I can get a laugh when the csr tells you to stuff it and deal with it.

I've played mmos that gave no eta on server up time, no cause for outage and nothing but a big fat finger at the players. Be glad you got information and go find something else to do. Chalk it up to a spilled soda for the $0.66 lost for 8 hours and if $0.66 is a huge issue then you may want to relook your spending priorities.

Edited by Arolamir

Every mmo has this group of people who feel entitled to some "apology present / gimme gimme gimme" when things don't go their way. Servers are down? Go outside? Thats the place you used to go alot. Taking a break from rebuilding a cylinder head myself and its a pretty day where I am.

No mmo gives out freebies when servers go down, because its silly to do so. If your cable goes out for 8 hours I seroiusly want you to record the conversation and youtube it so I can get a laugh when the csr tells you to stuff it and deal with it.

I've played mmos that gave no eta on server up time, no cause for outage and nothing but a big fat finger at the players. Be glad you got information and go find something else to do. I serously doubt you will miss the $0.66 lost for 8 hours and if you do then you may want to relook your spending priorities.

But when was the last time an mmo gave out 30 days free game time right after a major content patch

But when was the last time an mmo gave out 30 days free game time right after a major content patch

Exactly, this is unheard of or atleast I've never seen it happen in 12 years and tons of mmos. Count your good fortune and be happy.

You are assuming that Bioware will do something other than just say "were sorry." If you have had any interaction with Customer Service, all bioware does is say "were sorry" and nothing else. No useful action, no restitution, nothing. Our apology present will be a big box of nothing.

Clearly things are messed up, plus it looks like BW are giving away loads of rewards. 30 days free game time for level 50s (to get more people to play), letting previous subscribers have another chance to play for free (to get more people to play), giving a pet....WHICH ALMOST EVERYONE WILL HAVE.

I've heard its gonna be down for another 8 hours?

This might be in the gaming news or whatever. This kinda sucks. Anyway, I assume they will apologise and give us a present or something. What do you think it will be? ANOTHER 30 days game time? :)

Note: I'm not a greedy person, im not begging for a present, or compensation or whatever, I just wanna see what people think we might get, if they even do give us something. They give out free stuff, they gave us stuff for being "patient" for 1.2.

You give out gifts as a gesture of good will to look good, you don't do it every time you take the server down.

The ToS will state they should aim for uptime of a certain percent, and 8 hours over a month (as the smallest subscription option I decided to use 1 month) is a very small percentage.

Don't expect a gift each time something doesn't happen exactly how you want it, or even each time that Bioware state that things didn't go how they wanted.

First: Can I have your stuff?

What? I know that with the massive grindfest the endgame has become, coupled with the shoddy patching, the massive downtimes, I'll either return to Rift or look for something new. Still, I have time left on my gamecard and 30 free days, so I'll not delete this game right away. I just won't give them another Euro.

What? I know that with the massive grindfest the endgame has become, coupled with the shoddy patching, the massive downtimes, I'll either return to Rift or look for something new. Still, I have time left on my gamecard and 30 free days, so I'll not delete this game right away. I just won't give them another Euro.

Right. You're hacked off and gonna quit, but not gonna quit right now. Idle threat? See ya in 30 days.