Stop Making it SO HARD to get stuff! We JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN.

Sliverspark

Obviously, no one is understanding what I'm saying.

I think it's crap that I have to pay for Legacy items. Some of us don't have 10 hours a day to play games.

I understand the time-sink factor of MMO's. What I DON'T LIKE, is adding a time-sink factor to MMO's just so you can swindle players into subscribing longer.

I don't want to "have" to run dailies because it's practically a requirement to get credits. To me, logging into a game and doing the same thing every day for months on end isn't very much fun; and you're paying for that mind you.

They need to decrease the grind without sacrificing the fun-factor of the game.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Millions of credits for Legacy features...

Should be rewarded for the characters we ALREADY LEVELED.

No, I don't want to level 7 more characters just to get buffs and crap. I leveled a guy to 50, I made my Legacy. Give me my rewards, don't make me PAY FOR THEM A SECOND TIME.

It's a game. You have to work for things in the game and then you get a reward. Without work there is no reward.

All games are like this. You work and get a reward. In chess, you work at youe game so you can beat better and better opponents. Your reward is beating them. The harder the work the better the reward.

Getting a reward without work just paying money is something else. That is crack cocaine. You pay your money and have your fun. No work required. THis however is a game.

The top tier things in the game, be they titles, equipment, bonuses..etc. etc. etc. should take a lot of time and hard work.

If they are easy and everyone can get them then the game presents no challenge.

It's cute how so many people on these forums who defend these massive credit/grind sinks equate grinding the same dailys over and over as "hard work" or that they have anything to do with skill.

Grinding out millions of credits by doing daily quests is not "hard" work nor is it difficult. It's "boring and tedious" work that is like having a second job.

Edited by iain_b

I think it's crap that I have to pay for Legacy items. Some of us don't have 10 hours a day to play games.

I understand the time-sink factor of MMO's. What I DON'T LIKE, is adding a time-sink factor to MMO's just so you can swindle players into subscribing longer.

I don't want to "have" to run dailies because it's practically a requirement to get credits. To me, logging into a game and doing the same thing every day for months on end isn't very much fun; and you're paying for that mind you.

If you want the stuff, then you'll do what it takes to get it. Or you can come to the forums and cry about having to do something for extra stuff.

Protop: You don't have to have ANY of it.

Legacy system was invented for family building in swtor, which is huge part of original starwars. And it was made so that once you start a new toon after leveling one to lvl 50 (so called "alt") would be much easier. It should benefit only those who work to level their toons to lvl 50, and still want to level another one. Not first time levelers, who should enjoy exploring galaxy and have fun and interesting storyline to follow.

If you want the stuff, then you'll do what it takes to get it. Or you can come to the forums and cry about having to do something for extra stuff.

Protop: You don't have to have ANY of it.

I agree. People don't need to have the armor or skills or vending machines or emotes or whatever to enjoy playing the game. I don't think they really unbalance the game, rather they'd just be nice to have.

5m might be a lot for that galactic auction house on your ship...but...maybe someday I'll get around to it....or maybe not. I'll enjoy the game in other ways.

You sir/ma'am... shouldn't be playing MMOs...period. Good day..

Gimme gimme gimme!

Why should i actually have to play the game to reap the benefits?

Maybe when you buy the game you should get a free level 50. Then every month you pay you get 5mil credits and another level 50.

Why are you here?

Really you have no concept I'm legacy level 43 I PUT MY TIME IN, Just cause your lazy and don't want to put your time in you bash others. why should i have to grind out 43 levels and pay 64 million credits on top of it?

why are you here?

Ahh, your first MMO. This post makes sense now...

Also, as MMO's go, this one is pretty easy to level and get cash. The good thing is, with all that cash, there are quite a few places to spend it. Sucks when you have money and nothing ot do with it. I played WOW casually for a while, only got to like lvl 50 when the cap was 60(i think) and wasn't interested in the game. This actually keeps you interested while you level and I find that the main storyline follows the leveling pretty well. Just go through the story for each toon(which is why I buy a BW game anyway...Story) and you will get what you want in no time.

Understand the model for the game your playing, this is an MMO, they want to hook you and keep the monthly revenue coming, period. That is why these games exist. If you don't like it, star wars connect is for you.

I dont mind the direction this game is taking , But I will say this I quit WoW for a few reasons and one of those reasons was to many people complaining about the game then the devs get tired of the people complaining then give it to them like a bunch of kids stomping there feet with the gimmies .. I want this I want that its to hard make it easier ! Its not that hard to log on your charactor and do some questing and a couple of flashpoints even go out and grind for awhile its not going to hurt you then when you get the requirments for the new gear you feel like you did something and earned it. Ill continue to pay for this game just because its Starwars and its a damn good Starwars game at that. But please ( this is for the DEVS ) do not give in to the people who want stuff for free or making it easier the game is better when you have to earn it.

I am jumping on this band wagon but not in the same way most of you all have.

I love leveling toons; I like running flashpoints once a week. I am a casual gamer and I do not play everyday (mostly just weekends). I love questing in the course of leveling.

I hate Dailies...I do not mind them every now and again but I will not do them every time I log in.

That being said; I also like my "fluff" (cosmetic stuff more then anything). I was really looking forward to this system. I have been leveling alts and running flashpoints and heroics when I can. I like playing the game; I like crafting and doing other things that cost money. Due to all these activities my legacy level has been getting "up there" (No idea where at this moment but I see it "ding" often).

With this patch..I have learned not only will these legacy rewards require grinding out new characters and doing quests to raise your legacy level but also cost millions of credits? Wait what??? This does not make me happy.

I was excited because I figured we would accumulate points as we did the regular things in game. Those "points" could be used to buy said "fluff". If we want more "fluff" we have to do more leveling/quests ect to acquire more points. That is what I thought would happen. Now I will be required to do all that (which I am fine with) plus do dailies for money..

How about making the cosmetic things cost "points" but other stuff a little harder to get? Either way it is not like we are asking for free stuff. Still make it be an extra attempt but not cost millions of credits? That is rough when you think how much it costs to craft and train and buy speeder training ect...

Oh well just my opinion and the way I like to play or not play.

Oc

It doesn't take playing 10 hours a day to make money. I play maybe 2 hours a night, not even every night, and I made 2.5m for the white crystal within a week easily. You don't have to run dailies to make money, though it's certainly effective.

Assuming they reduced all the prices of the legacy features so that you could afford to buy everything right now, what would you do then? Honest question. What goal would you have to work towards after that? Say they eliminated any type of reward that required a time investment. Why would you even want to continue playing the game?

You obviously don't like playing it to play it, or you wouldn't be complaining about having to play it. Yes it sounds stupid, because it is.

It doesn't take playing 10 hours a day to make money. I play maybe 2 hours a night, not even every night, and I made 2.5m for the white crystal within a week easily. You don't have to run dailies to make money, though it's certainly effective.

I played for about 4 hours yesterday (mid-40s) and made just short of 50k (around net 40k after repairs). After buying my level 46 skill, that's about break-even.

I am jumping on this band wagon but not in the same way most of you all have.

I love leveling toons; I like running flashpoints once a week. I am a casual gamer and I do not play everyday (mostly just weekends). I love questing in the course of leveling.

I hate Dailies...I do not mind them every now and again but I will not do them every time I log in.

That being said; I also like my "fluff" (cosmetic stuff more then anything). I was really looking forward to this system. I have been leveling alts and running flashpoints and heroics when I can. I like playing the game; I like crafting and doing other things that cost money. Due to all these activities my legacy level has been getting "up there" (No idea where at this moment but I see it "ding" often).

With this patch..I have learned not only will these legacy rewards require grinding out new characters and doing quests to raise your legacy level but also cost millions of credits? Wait what??? This does not make me happy.

I was excited because I figured we would accumulate points as we did the regular things in game. Those "points" could be used to buy said "fluff". If we want more "fluff" we have to do more leveling/quests ect to acquire more points. That is what I thought would happen. Now I will be required to do all that (which I am fine with) plus do dailies for money..

How about making the cosmetic things cost "points" but other stuff a little harder to get? Either way it is not like we are asking for free stuff. Still make it be an extra attempt but not cost millions of credits? That is rough when you think how much it costs to craft and train and buy speeder training ect...

Oh well just my opinion and the way I like to play or not play.

Oc

Your problem is; you want to have your cake and eat it too. Sorry... not happening.

Disclaimer: There is no problem with the way you play and I have no problem with the way you play.

Several of the posts on this thread probably have not reached level 50 yet with a particular character. I say that because a million credits really is not very much once you have a character above 50 for a few weeks. Doing a daily warzone for example can give up to 50k in credits. Amassing 1 million is real simple. I have 11 million to date and pale in comparison to others in my guild who have close to 50m. Problem is once you have the Battlemaster gear and speeders which are purchased with valor tokens rather than credits and all your companions are outfitted with the same, having something to spend your credits on is the real task. Edited by SuperOrcaSix

Legacy system was invented for family building in swtor, which is huge part of original starwars. And it was made so that once you start a new toon after leveling one to lvl 50 (so called "alt") would be much easier. It should benefit only those who work to level their toons to lvl 50, and still want to level another one. Not first time levelers, who should enjoy exploring galaxy and have fun and interesting storyline to follow.

well my family is going to be a bunch of nerf herders because i actually have a family in real life and would rather grind away off screen instead of grinding in a virtual world.

if once i have played through all storylines, i should have enough credits over all accounts to actually pool them and see what i can do with that, i might actually use the legacy benefits. otherwise, it's nice to see them there but i wont be working in a game to get "virtual stuff". i am perfectly happy without the ueber-pvp-god-armor and the 5mil cred speeder.

it was fun to build houses, cities and starships back in swg days though. actually creating the world was great. maybe i should try mindcraft...

to each his own, though. if this game wasnt star wars, i probably wouldnt be playing it in the first place. first mmorpg since wow.

"Gimme gimme gimme"

That's all I hear these days. Damn entitlement kids.

What's an entitlement kid? Do you mean an entitled kid?

When people pay money for a game that was promoted for not being a grindfest and then change it to a grindfest to make up for lack of content they have every reason to be upset. Their is nothing wrong with someone feeling entitled to something they deserve. Entitled simply mean to be eligible for or worthy. Do you somehow believe people aren't entitled to what they they were told they were paying for?