Did anyone notice this

rgizzie

Yes, pretty much any tank who is not a Shadow/Assassin seems to be complaining about mitigation being less effective for them, healing being reduced and (possibly) incoming DPS being buffed.

It looks as though the heavy armor mitigation has been tweaked a bit more than Bioware perhaps intended, because judging my the amount of QQ on the other class forums, a lot of Guardians/Juggernauts and Vanguards/Powertechs have decided to respec to DPS builds because they go down as fast as a DPS now.

How much of it is QQ hyperbole, and how much is objective commentary, I have no clue, but 1.2 seems to have introduced a few extra gradients to the UP/OP slope rather than balancing them.

Well, actually I thought I was getting killed faster to be honest ! Not 'longer'. PM your spec to me ? maybe its your gear and expertise you have.

Yeah...I am almost full BM gear. Need leggins, boots, off hand and relic. Did get a big jump in expertise. was 683 and now 1017. But I assume that is a wash since everyone got that.

Yes, pretty much any tank who is not a Shadow/Assassin seems to be complaining about mitigation being less effective for them, healing being reduced and (possibly) incoming DPS being buffed.

It looks as though the heavy armor mitigation has been tweaked a bit more than Bioware perhaps intended, because judging my the amount of QQ on the other class forums, a lot of Guardians/Juggernauts and Vanguards/Powertechs have decided to respec to DPS builds because they go down as fast as a DPS now.

How much of it is QQ hyperbole, and how much is objective commentary, I have no clue, but 1.2 seems to have introduced a few extra gradients to the UP/OP slope rather than balancing them.

Actually, as one of my server's top Assassin/shadow tanks(have both at 50, and rock the naysayers), I noticed what all the other tanks noticed. Normally during patch 1.1.5, I could live through quite a lot of people on me, without a healer. I am taking about 6-7% more damage from most sources, and from tech/force yellow damage, it's extremely noticeable I'm taking way more then normal.

From new 50's without gear, or with full recruit, I have definitely noticed they do a noticeable lower amount of damage to me as I have full BM. However, I usually go up against a LOT of full BM players, and am seeing a dreadful increase in damage coming from them. I seem to go down twice as fast as I did yesterday and it has turned me off on the class alarmingly fast. I think they way overvalued DPS, Severely undervalued Tanking, and marginalized most healing.

The damage boost from Expertise should never have been raised any farther then the damage reduction. It's just leading to faster paced pvp, and I loved star wars BECAUSE it didn't have faster paced pvp. I could draw out fights before, now I can't as well. I want to be able to negate some of the damage coming from force/tech. Maybe not on the scale of weapon damage negation from tanking stats, but still to SOME level, I should be able to negate some.

War Hero Infiltration Shadow here, before 1.2 I died to everything in seconds.

Now, I only die to Marauders and Sentinels in said time.

By war hero you mean your valor rank correct? I am pretty sure it is impossible to have and gear in this short of time.

By war hero you mean your valor rank correct? I am pretty sure it is impossible to have and gear in this short of time.

I mean it both ways, as in

Valor Rank: I have been fully BM geared before 1.2 as Infiltration

Valor Rank: Enables me to wear the full crafted Augmented War Hero Set (requires valor 70), basically the same stats as Battlemaster (since you just take the Mods) PLUS the 12Willpower 14 Endurance Augment on each of the other possible pieces.

It may be just the expertise change and the additional stamina, but I don't die AS quickly anymore (except I face Marauders)

Infil definitely feels less squishy and I'm liking it.
With 1.20 skill reset went with infiltration just to see it out how this new balance works. I'm surprised positively. I love it. Not looking back to balance tree anymore. :) It didn't take much for me to love my favorite style of play again.

I held out against 3 players for a full minute. I'm in full BM stalker gear (1100+ expertise), felt like I was fighting a bunch of fresh lvl 50s who got no gear. :p

I think this was due to the change in expertise, some people modded their BM gear to get maximum damage while keeping 500 expertise. Patch comes and now those with full BM got 1100 expertise while majority still have 500 expertise,

I held out against 3 players for a full minute. I'm in full BM stalker gear (1100+ expertise), felt like I was fighting a bunch of fresh lvl 50s who got no gear. :p

I think this was due to the change in expertise, some people modded their BM gear to get maximum damage while keeping 500 expertise. Patch comes and now those with full BM got 1100 expertise while majority still have 500 expertise,

I'm amongst those modded. I have 900 expertise and I can still say I feel less squishy. I'm also doing a truckload of damage, even to high-capped exp players. Seems exp is better, but still overrated. Yesterday my Shadow Strike crit for 6.2k. Yeah, SS.

if you were rockin some BM gear, its probably just because of the expertise buff on the gear when 1.2 hit (Assuming you put back in the original mods)

Possibly this, it's going to be difficult to trace it especially if you can;t tell what gear they were wearing AKA PvP or PvE and what level.