Server Maintenance

JasonMG

WOW! That is better than SWTOR. For that I have to pay and it did not entertain me the past few weeks half as much as your joke has. LOL

Hey ... I paid for this game, my subscription will run out ... I better do the best I can to have fun somehow :D

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think of myself as British rather than European ^.^

Tbh, if I could get the UK out of the EU and go back the original concept of a European trade community, I would jump at it.

Being lumped in with the EU and being considered European is a real let-down sometimes. I've nothing against my European brothers and sisters, but we're not like them.

^ This.

Except I'm not even British, I'm English.

All The Best

Maybe instead of a free 30 days they should give out a free bowl of soup. The value should be about the same but at least after you're done with the soup you'll have a spiffy bowl to remember it by.

Ah, man, I miss crap like this from the WoW forums - the trolls that want everyone to believe that they're sitting on picnic bench somewhere outside in a Utopian Spring setting with a beautiful blonde, just tapping in for a quick glance at the... Star Wars Old Republic gaming forum? before grabbing her hand and taking off back into the field of daisies; to roll around in the grass and land on a blanket with a copy of Dostoevsky and a picnic basket full of hand-picked fruits of the day. Leaving in their wake an inexorable smattering of wisdom that will cause everyone to run outside and join him in his frolic. But wait... none of that actually makes a lot of sense now, does it? Trolls do just what the rest of you are doing. Sit on their lard asses trolling forums like this one. And it works - every single time. No fly fisher in Idaho could cast a better bait than the judgment call that we should all be doing something more worthy with our time. Which clearly the troller is doing. Such brilliance.

wanna marry me?

As a veteran MMO player I'd like to point out that even the "best" mmo's have hangups on major patch deployments. Not expecting this to happen simply indicates as far as i'm concerned that the majority of you have not been down this road before. Wow has always been notorious for having issues and buggy patch releases, and since i've been playing tor I've been impressed with the stability of the game after patches, and that for the most part they aren't usually down for extensive periods of time for maintenance. Also the periods they do the maintenance are usually during off-peak hrs. So they goofed up... so they made a mistake... nobody is perfect and the most I ever got out of blizzard was a day credit... so to be handed a month free was a nice way to make up for lack of patch content.... That being said I have loved star wars since the moment I saw the movie in theaters as a child. For those of you that are fans of the lore.. not just the MMO genre... you can appreciate the creativity and the potential for this game... don't destroy it with whiney complaints and ruin what could be the king of MMO's for everyone out there that really cares about this community.

^^this

If you want to see some inept devs, play Age of Conan for awhile. You'll appreciate B/W at least attempting to fix issues in a timely manner...

Ah, man, I miss crap like this from the WoW forums - the trolls that want everyone to believe that they're sitting on picnic bench somewhere outside in a Utopian Spring setting with a beautiful blonde, just tapping in for a quick glance at the... Star Wars Old Republic gaming forum? before grabbing her hand and taking off back into the field of daisies; to roll around in the grass and land on a blanket with a copy of Dostoevsky and a picnic basket full of hand-picked fruits of the day. Leaving in their wake an inexorable smattering of wisdom that will cause everyone to run outside and join him in his frolic. But wait... none of that actually makes a lot of sense now, does it? Trolls do just what the rest of you are doing. Sit on their lard asses trolling forums like this one. And it works - every single time. No fly fisher in Idaho could cast a better bait than the judgment call that we should all be doing something more worthy with our time. Which clearly the troller is doing. Such brilliance.

^^priceless! Best post I´ve read in a long time

:i_smile:

Nothing warrants hate. Just because you play a sith in the game is NO reason to act like one in real life. Yes they messed something up, but lets face the facts here. The mod system that we ALL (except for a very small percentage) hated was what finally made it to production. There is no free space travel, no asteroid mining, no guild space stations, no free roaming of the planets and worst of all they still don't listen.

True from your perspective and mine too...but..I bet the chances are big if you are jerk , spoiled brat in a game, the odds are you will be one in RL also.

UPDATE: 10:53AM CDT

During last night's maintenance, some areas of the game were reverted to pre-Game Update 1.2 status. Some areas were 'missing' and characters that were in those areas would be unavailable. We took the live servers offline at approx 9:30AM CDT (Austin time).

Our server and deployment teams are now working to rebuild assets for the live servers, but this is unfortunately not a quick process. We currently estimate that our downtime could be up to eight hours, but that time may be extended.

We are expecting the servers to be available again at 6:00PM CDT (April 14th, 12:00AM BST, 1:00AM CEST, 9:00AM AEST). We'll update you with information in this thread when we have it.

We sincerely apologize for the unexpected downtime today. We’ll update you with more details later.

Thank you for your patience while we work to resolve this issue.

Well BW you've done it again!

Released a patch with all the alacrity of an arthritic snail with heavy shopping.

No ETA? Rally? You are supposed to be professionals guys...

Hell, something as vague as "go have some fwap time and check again" would be better than nothing.

At least it would give us something else to laugh at besides your incompetence.

And thank goodness we can buy a training dummy for the ship (although if you made the face look like one of the devs, im pretty sure id spend all my credits on it) instead of just going into gosh darn warzone.

And fleet pass down to ONLY 15 hours, WOW THATISTHESINGLEMOSTUSEFULTHINGEVER!!!!!shiftandone !!!oneeleven!!1

Just some of the many pointless features available in legacy.

yes you have upped performance, ill give you that, and the WZ gear, actually well done there.

Just ,next time you upload a patch. Dont let the intern do it whilst simultaneously fwapping and posting on 4chan.

Peace.

I think of myself as British rather than European ^.^

Tbh, if I could get the UK out of the EU and go back the original concept of a European trade community, I would jump at it.

Being lumped in with the EU and being considered European is a real let-down sometimes. I've nothing against my European brothers and sisters, but we're not like them.

Apologies, good sir. I have much more respect for Britain than some of the other EU countries. Not the people actually, mainly the governments and their policies, as well as my innate distaste for the Euro.

They are going down because something with this patch caused a rollback of the servers. Therefore, they need to take them down to fix the problem.

Unfortunately, this means all of the idiots will come out of the woodwork and start complaining first because the patch screwed something up, then start complaining that they can't play because BW is taking down the servers to fix it. Sometimes, I wish they would put an age restriction on forums. Or at the very least require people to take a psychological exam before they can post to make sure they are at least mature enough to.

Winning, I like that and I agree with you.

I guess this is why they give 30 days for free, we will have a ton of maintenances like this.

Anyway, 32 days left till SWTOR dies, so I don't really care anymore.

LOL, I can't tell you how many times people said SWG was gonna die right after it was released, and it lasted 8.5 years. If this game can't last as long as SWG, then it seems like that would be kind of embarrassing.

Got to laugh at people saying Bioware have invalidated their own usage agreement. As if an angry teenager could poke a hole in what they pay lawyers hundreds of thousands to write....

"Warranties

This Section is to be read subject to Sections 6 and 7.

No Warranty on Software Operation or Game Play; Force Majeure.

You acknowledge that, owing to the complexity of computer technology, as well as the nature of online games themselves and play over a global communications network outside EA’s control, EA and its licensors cannot and do not guarantee that the Software, the Game and any updates, upgrades or expansions Software will run permanently or uninterrupted on your computer."

You clicked agree..... Whine as much as you want, that's good because it will force them to fix the issue, but don't start saying they have left themselves in a questionable legal position. They simply havn't.

Quote:

Originally Posted by brother_wulfe

i can remember the early days of WoW, patching day was way worse then this. Ok so they made an oops with the patch, big deal, its not like the world is going to end. For those of you who complain you are losing some play time, i suggest you also complain to your favourite Divinity as His/Her flawed design makes you need up to 8 hours of sleep each day which is far more then the DT of SWtoR

read it again, if ya still dont get it then there's no hope for you

right. i guess the comparison of Bioware to Divine Authority was apt.

This is nothing. Every time there was a patch for SWG, it would break at least a half a dozen things and there was a 70/30 chance everything would be rolled back.

Things happen, ya just gotta deal with it.

I partially agree, I was there in SWG.

The fact is that people nowdays had enough of the ways things are handled.

If we don't complain, if we don't voice, we'll end up in 10 years having the same freaking MMORPG system with the same support and methods to screw and fix stuff

OMG, really? No end game content whatsoever?

Ilum dailies, Belsavis Dailies and when the servers come back up Corellia

dailies.

HM/NMM: BT, BP, Fy, D7, BoI, FE, KUS and when the servers come back up Lost

Island.

Story, HM/NMM(?): EV, KP and when the servers come back up EC.

I can't think of a single MMO that was released with nearly this much End Game

Content - or had it within 5 months of release. Most are released with NO "raids" and get one in the first mega-patch, often you have to wait for an expansion pack

If you can do all of the above in one gaming day, I applaud you. However, that puts you into a miniscule minority of gamers. And quite frankly if the entire population of that minority unsubscribed it would not even be a drop in the bucket of subscriptions.

MMOs are about repeated content at 50. No Dev team or game producer can keep

up the pace of players devouring content.

This game, specifically, is story driven. You knew that when you subscribed.

If you didn't see that their intent was for you to experience one story from

eight different perspectives then perhaps this isn't the game for you.

There is also Companion Affection, Crafting and Level 50 PvP.

This guy, he gets it.

UPDATE: 10:53AM CDT

During last night's maintenance, some areas of the game were reverted to pre-Game Update 1.2 status. Some areas were 'missing' and characters that were in those areas would be unavailable. We took the live servers offline at approx 9:30AM CDT (Austin time).

Our server and deployment teams are now working to rebuild assets for the live servers, but this is unfortunately not a quick process. We currently estimate that our downtime could be up to eight hours, but that time may be extended.

We are expecting the servers to be available again at 6:00PM CDT (April 14th, 12:00AM BST, 1:00AM CEST, 9:00AM AEST). We'll update you with information in this thread when we have it.

We sincerely apologize for the unexpected downtime today. We’ll update you with more details later.

Thank you for your patience while we work to resolve this issue.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.