A Healer's 1.2 Grievances: The story of why healers are upset

Darkammo

*snip*

Unfortunately I wholly disagree with the majority of your entirely well written post. I feel that you are wrong. I feel that pre-1.2 healers were far more powerful than they should have been.

You make a few poor statements, but the worst offender, to me, is this one:

But, the gameplay that favors the healer is not often seen because the healers are usually the minority population. The healer favored system still offers the dps the satisfaction of locking down a healer as a sense of accomplishment. But, it's not in the nature of most dpsers to have that team mentality. So once again it rests on the shoulders of healers to bear the burden that there is an upper limit on what skill can do for your class without the aid and support of the rest of the team.

The healer favored system didn't offer us the satisfaction of locking down a healer. It gave us the frustration of locking down a healer. Because it was impossible if you had more than one healer, and if there were more healers than DPS then forget the DPS because they were useless. This is one of the issues with Huttball, DPS is marginalized in favor of knock backs, pulls, rescues, and the Force knows what else.

It wasn't a sense of accomplishment for us when we beat on a healer, working ourselves over, simply so that the healer could heal himself and still heal his team mates.

On the other hand, healers now have the satisfaction of helping people not die and turning the tide in any close battle.

I'd like to point out though that in the healer favor system, healers didn't stop you from doing damage. You just don't have the satisfaction of killing. In the dps favored system, dps stops the healers from doing their job completely. Not negating their healing, but taking another step further by eliminating their target, be it the healer itself or the healers target. This system favors people spending more time waiting for respawn rather than alive and doing stuff.

Killing is the point of playing a DPS class. We don't get any satisfaction from swinging away and accomplishing nothing. That is not fun. That is not fair. That makes healing the most important thing, heck you didn't even need Tanks pre-1.2. You needed healers, many matches were completely decided based on who had the most healing.

We don't stop you from doing your job completely. Healers are not known as "Immortality Granters" they are "Healers" they "Heal" and sometimes the person they are healing dies but you still kept them alive longer than they otherwise would be alive. You expect us to take satisfaction from dealing ineffectual damage, but yet you are not willing to take satisfaction from healing targets and making them last longer because, to you, them living permanently is what your class is there for.

You are, in essence, guilty of the same hypocritical and self-serving behavior as the DPS's that you decry in this thread.

Weird composition of my server warzones aside. The amount of dps that geared marauders and powertechs were doing was crazy. People were falling over left and right, and heals meant nothing. It went from, "Yeah, I can save you" to give everything you got to delay death slightly. Against two geared dps going down on one person, person is just dead. Nothing you can do about it.

Delaying death, however, is the entire point of playing a healer. It isn't, again, supposed to grant your charges complete immortality only to help them to heal, or negate, some of the incoming damage. If you could negate all of a DPS's damage then what is the point of a tank? You have better survivability than they do and can grant any class better survivability, in fact there was no point for a tank if you had a paired Healer and DPS. Better damage and better damage mitigation, win win, for everyone who wasn't a Tank.

As a commando I didn't need a tank pre 1.2. I could tank it myself.

That statement alone should show you the issue. Pre-1.2 there was no reason to ever have a tank, they weren't needed, and you could do their role as well, if not better than they could.

Survivability was killed though. Went from super hard to kill to yeah, they can kill me. Consequently, can't save other people because I have to worry a lot more about myself. It took myself and my sage friend to heal her to keep her alive from one marauder.

Think about what you are saying:

It took you and another sage together to allow a cloth wearing class who is supposed to be squishy to negate the effect if the highest DPS class in the game. If it wasn't a sage, but a Guardian he might have had a better time, this isn't a matter of a problem, this is a matter where you outlined why healers were overpowered pre-1.2.

Pre 1.2, it was hard to keep everyone up alive. But, by jolly, it could be done!

And that was the problem. It shouldn't be hard to keep everyone on your team alive in PVP it shouldn't be possible and that is why they had to nerf it.

Post 1.2 dealing with the healer is optional. Can just bypass the healer, kill the guy directly. Or just outright dispatch the healer like it was nothing.

This is an exaggeration. We can't kill healers like they are nothing, it still takes time and effort to do. We aren't one, two, or three shotting healers. Not good ones anyway. Also, we have to worry about killing that healer. If I am fighting another melee DPS that healer healing my enemy almost certainly spells my doom. I have to kill that healer, but if I do, I'm going to die too. That isn't a problem, that is balance.

That's why healing has fundamentally changed. That's why healers are all upset. Feels like a bait and switch. From a game where we were super important, then changed to a minor nuisance that is optional to deal with. We lost our independence, our time in the lime light. Back to other MMO styles where we require other people to hold our hands, peel things off of us constantly.

The problem you are having is one of a logical disconnect.

There is an entire class devoted to literally holding people's hands and peeling enemies off of them constantly. An entire class. Pre-1.2 your class outmodded the Tank. There was no need, and no point. Now Tanks need to protect, guard, and peel. That is how the game is supposed to work.

If you think that DPS don't need anyone else to make them work then you have never played a DPS. Our survivability, even us Sentinels, isn't something that isn't enhanced a million fold by a good healer.

DPS classes need healers, because we don't have long-term survivability but can deal high damage.

Healers need tanks, because they can grant long-term survivability but don't have it.

Tanks need DPS, because they have long-term survivability, but can't deal much damage.

It is the circle of life.

Doesn't feel good to not be the center of attention in warzone dynamics.

This is the cruix of the situation. You aren't as important as you once were and it stings. I can relate to it and nobody has said that you have no right to feel that way. The issue that people have with healers isn't that they feel less important now, it is that they are lying about what the situation is, exaggerating events, and making up excuses that don't make a lot of sense.

This is like Sorcerers claiming that Sentinels are hitting for 10,000 damage with Master Strike, it is insane and not true. If you simply feel upset about not being the center of attention anymore then you are completely within your right to say that and nobody can tell you that you can't feel that way.

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the other hand, healers now have the satisfaction of helping people not die and turning the tide in any close battle

BULL!

Healers should be just as powerful as they were 1.2. The only thing that should have been altered was resource regen. Too freaking bad if you don't like swinging away on a healer... Deal with it. If resource changes were as they were now, you would not have had any problem with multiple healers. They would have ran dry, and natural course of pvp would have taken place.

Healers were only GOD LIKE pre-1.2 because they never ran dry. Well guess what, we still don't run dry today, we usually die with 80%+ of force/ammo left because we can't heal through the burst damage dps deals on us.

Edited by Rollento

bull!

Healers should be just as powerful as they were 1.2. The only thing that should have been altered was resource regen. Too freaking bad if you don't like swinging away on a healer... Deal with it. If resource changes were as they were now, you would not have had any problem with multiple healers. They would have ran dry, and natural course of pvp would have taken place.

Healers were only god like pre-1.2 because they never ran dry. Well guess what, we still don't run dry today, we usually die with 80%+ of force/ammo left because we can't heal through the burst damage dps deals on us.

^this

BULL!

Healers were only GOD LIKE pre-1.2 because they never ran dry. Well guess what, we still don't run dry today, we usually die with 80%+ of force/ammo left because we can't heal through the burst damage dps deals on us.

but this isnt just for healers dieing with 80% ammo its everyone but sents/maras because people ( EVERYONE ) is dieing fast...

RIGHT NOW it really has nothing to do with healing or damage its just the lack of SURVIVABILITY that is 1.2.... IF we had the same SURVIVABILITY we did before 1.2 i totally believe we would still be talking about healing but asking for nerfs to guard/ taunt which i might add should have been FIRST on the nerf bat and i play a Vanguard.

This is one of the best and most well thought out posts I've ever read. Thank you! If BW doesn't at least take some of the things being said in this thread to heart, then all hope really is lost.

On my server, Daragon Trail, The imps have the higher population and are mostly DPS (I think that goes for most Imps). The Pubs are the underdogs and we have mostly healers and tanks. This update destroyed PVP on our server, as you could probably guess. The Imps tear through us like tissue paper.

It just makes me depressed now anytime I play my Sage.

As a lvl 50 Sorc Healer I'd like to weigh in with the overwhelming majority.

I completely agree with the OP: prior to 1.2 PvP was fun for all classes. It was a different game to what we had seen in previous mmo's and it was exciting to be a part of. All of a sudden, tanks and healers could DO something. And not just that, it was FUN. In WoW a good helaer made a dramatic difference to a PvP match, I'm not denying that, but they often needed to be constantly protected and, more importantly it wasn't all that fun playing a healer. Why? Because it's a rinse and repeat formula of run in, spam heal, die, respawn, run in, spam heal.

I find it amazing you die that fast playing a healer in wow. My Druid and Holy Pally healers hardly ever die in Battle Grounds. Arena is a different story but I still can survive with out needing a peel from my team.

If you really are dying that fast in wow where healing would be considered off the chart by this community you must be finding it practically impossible to play a healer here. I don't say that to downplay your ability as a healer but rather to point out how overly gimped they made healers in this game.

In wow my pally never runs out of mana but I do get an intelligent priest from time to time that sees this and begins to mana drain me. This causes me to have to change my tactics using more line of site. They could of done something similar with the trooper medic. By giving a class a counter that allowed them to drain resources from the troopers instead of nerfing their ammo it would have made game play more dynamic.

I'm sure not many of the DPS know this but troopers only have one effective instant heal so most of the time if they are out in the open by the time they could run to LOS they would be dead. This was a main reason you would see them stand in one place healing themselves when a dps was focusing them. This wasn't a big deal before 1.2 because with a dps focusing them they could only heal themselves if they wanted to survive. And with a good operative on them they usually died anyway. However now that their heal tree has been gimped into the ground the DPS trees are the only viable options for them.

Edited by Ancard

Quote:

As a commando I didn't need a tank pre 1.2. I could tank it myself.

That statement alone should show you the issue. Pre-1.2 there was no reason to ever have a tank, they weren't needed, and you could do their role as well, if not better than they could.

Actually commandos needed to be able to tank themselves in PVP. They don't have the quick speed of a sage to move LOS quickly nor the utilities of a smuggler to escape. They were more like watered down versions of a wow paladin a good support class. Now they are pretty worthless as healers all around. Their only viable trees are dps which really sucks for the one in full BM medic gear.

Bio should give them all complementary BM DPS gear as a sorry we f--ked your class over gift so they don't have to completely start over after respecing DPS.

Edited by Ancard

Med techs are pretty much still unkillable, I play mine on occasion. You just stun stun stun, run off and heal yourself and then run around and constantly move while stopping occasionally to stun and pop a heal off. No different then before 1.2 except I can actually be killed instead of lolhealing through 4 people dpsing me.

Which is good, It is not fair to the rest of the players to come across a person or class in a game that is "unkillable". if 2 classes are pited against each other all things equal, 1v1 they should be able to kill each other pretty evenly.

Before 1.2 Healers simply could not be killed, period. in huttball they could carry the ball from one end to the other and never go below half health with the entire opposing team wailing on them. THAT is unbalanced.

Post 1.2 a healer can be killed 1v1 if they are not careful and don't have the right rotation. THIS is balanced.

Your complaints are that a mara can kill you, they should be able to, they are a Glass cannon DPS. If a DPS which has one of the highest burst damages of all classes can't kill a healer 1v1 or even get close, there is something WRONG with the healer.

Healers are supposed to be protected, not be immortal and unkillable, they are supposed to have decent heals, enough to "heal" not stop a player being ravaged by multiple high DPSers from dieing. A healer is not supposed to be able to save someone from certain death, they are supposed to heal enough to give the player they are healing to give them an advantage and hopefully kill their opponent before they themselves die.

I was a pally healer in wow for 10 years. I know healing. and this game was broke before 1.2

Now it is "fair".

I was a pally healer in wow for 10 years. I know healing. and this game was broke before 1.2

Now it is "fair".

You do realize wow came out November 23, 2004 right? I can see why you thought healing was broke before 1.2.

Edited by Ancard

but this isnt just for healers dieing with 80% ammo its everyone but sents/maras because people ( EVERYONE ) is dieing fast...

RIGHT NOW it really has nothing to do with healing or damage its just the lack of SURVIVABILITY that is 1.2.... IF we had the same SURVIVABILITY we did before 1.2 i totally believe we would still be talking about healing but asking for nerfs to guard/ taunt which i might add should have been FIRST on the nerf bat and i play a Vanguard.

By definition, healing and damage make up survivability. The expertise change caused everything.

This is one of the best and most well thought out posts I've ever read. Thank you! If BW doesn't at least take some of the things being said in this thread to heart, then all hope really is lost.

On my server, Daragon Trail, The imps have the higher population and are mostly DPS (I think that goes for most Imps). The Pubs are the underdogs and we have mostly healers and tanks. This update destroyed PVP on our server, as you could probably guess. The Imps tear through us like tissue paper.

It just makes me depressed now anytime I play my Sage.

Someone ask this guy how hard Drizzle hits him and ask him if he preferred me as a healer or dps. I'm sure you've run across me and my brother Forbes and been melted a number of times in the last week.

I respect your post ProfessorWalsh, despite disagreeing, and hope to respond to you in an adequate manner.

The healer favored system didn't offer us the satisfaction of locking down a healer. It gave us the frustration of locking down a healer. Because it was impossible if you had more than one healer, and if there were more healers than DPS then forget the DPS because they were useless. This is one of the issues with Huttball, DPS is marginalized in favor of knock backs, pulls, rescues, and the Force knows what else.

In a situation where there are multiple healers, I do not really find it plausible to use it as an example. If anything, Bioware should have implemented some form of cap on how many healers could be in a Warzone to remedy this situation. Healers will be overpowered if there are four of them. I've seen players saying the nerfs were warranted solely off of the basis that they've come up against teams with 2+ of them. That is not a healer, that is the group.

Killing is the point of playing a DPS class. We don't get any satisfaction from swinging away and accomplishing nothing. That is not fun. That is not fair. That makes healing the most important thing, heck you didn't even need Tanks pre-1.2. You needed healers, many matches were completely decided based on who had the most healing.

Turning the table, one could simply say their point of view for healers is for them to prevent death, as others have said in this topic. It's not fair for healers to be told they should not prevent death, but only delay it, when killers are supposed to absolutely be able to do their job because that's "the point". If you put that perspective into a PvE area, the content would never be completed.

Again, you say the point of DPS is to kill, therefore the opposite would naturally be to prevent that death, would it not? I am not suggesting healers should always be able to prevent it. It should depend entirely on the situation, and I am no longer seeing enough of that in 1.2 with the changes, especially considering the damage now present. With or without a guard, I am melting like a lit candle. I've not been able to heal a player being attacked by one DPS. Is that fair? A DPS has a fair chance of making a kill, whereas a healer no longer has a sure chance of making a difference with healing whatsoever?

Delaying death, however, is the entire point of playing a healer.

Again, same response that I gave above. Entirely a matter of opinion.

And that was the problem. It shouldn't be hard to keep everyone on your team alive in PVP it shouldn't be possible and that is why they had to nerf it.

I semi-agree with you here, but I am also a staunch supporter of skill. Indeed I was able to keep my entire team alive pre 1.2, however that was generally only against under-geared players or a badly coordinated team, whereas I was in a 4+ premade with voice chat and very obvious support. There are entirely too many variables not taken into account when players insist things should not be possible.

This is an exaggeration. We can't kill healers like they are nothing, it still takes time and effort to do. We aren't one, two, or three shotting healers. Not good ones anyway.

I can assure you, there are many who are taking me out that quickly. I am well-geared, I know how to play my class.

There is an entire class devoted to literally holding people's hands and peeling enemies off of them constantly. An entire class. Pre-1.2 your class outmodded the Tank. There was no need, and no point. Now Tanks need to protect, guard, and peel. That is how the game is supposed to work.

You are assuming players actually do their jobs, though. Bioware cannot make changes solely on the basis that they think it will promote more teamwork and coordination. It will not. I have seen both good and bad players completely ignore their job in favor of more medals or DPS numbers. Even the worst players hate looking bad on the scoreboards. Bioware cannot and should not assume that players will always have the means to be with someone who will do the correct kind of support.

Once again, I reiterate that this should not be the case when there are various DPS attacking that healer. My plight and that of every other healer in this topic is that it has become a real chore to survive in general. With a guard, without one. I've seen some of the worst players in my server steamroll me without so much as one interrupt. I find it disgusting that damage output overrules skill now.

Healers need tanks, because they can grant long-term survivability but don't have it.

I disagree with this. In several of my previous games, the first rule for a healer was that a dead healer cannot heal. In Shaiya, if you were not a full Reaction (Defense stat) Priest, you were not considered a capable or smart Priest. That is not to say those without could not make it work, but it was not a common sight in PvP. First rule to taking out an enemy or enemies is to focus fire the healer. I do not understand the reason why a healer should not be made to survive in a situation where they are supposed to be the main target in order to finish the rest of the job.

- In Shaiya, Priests could tank an entire party of players while waiting for a summons or for a full-up potion to finish its CD. <--That is what I truly call overpowered, and I have not seen that be possible in this game yet.

- In Aion & Fiesta, healers wore Shields and again, stacked defense as a secondary stat.

I have limited experience with other games, however in all of those I have participated in, creating a healer that could take a beating was not looked down upon nor considered overpowered. And the sacrifice for better survival was lesser healing output, but more life to do it.

At this point, after grudgingly adjusting my playstyle in order to remain a full Seer Sage, I can live with the loss of Resplendence and the near-loss of the use of Deliverance in PvP. But I do not feel the change in Expertise to healing or the rather crazy amount of DPS and dying I'm seeing these days are good things to leave as is.

Turning the table, one could simply say their point of view for healers is for them to prevent death, as others have said in this topic. It's not fair for healers to be told they should not prevent death, but only delay it, when killers are supposed to absolutely be able to do their job because that's "the point". If you put that perspective into a PvE area, the content would never be completed.

Again, you say the point of DPS is to kill, therefore the opposite would naturally be to prevent that death, would it not? I am not suggesting healers should always be able to prevent it. It should depend entirely on the situation, and I am no longer seeing enough of that in 1.2 with the changes, especially considering the damage now present. With or without a guard, I am melting like a lit candle. I've not been able to heal a player being attacked by one DPS. Is that fair? A DPS has a fair chance of making a kill, whereas a healer no longer has a sure chance of making a difference with healing whatsoever?

I've said this a couple of pages back, or probably in a different thread altogether, kinda forgot, but my main point is that PvP and PvE is different. In PvE content, your objective is to go through the whole run/mission/dungeon without getting a wipe, on easier dungeons a single or a few death is generally okay and won't affect much, but usually you need to keep basically everyone alive at all time throughout the whole ordeal. The same cannot be said for PvP, especially when the mechanics are respawning (instead of e.g. round based where people die once per round, or stuff), in which dying IS the point of the mechanic of respawns. You can't expect the team healer to be able to keep everyone alive everytime, and things would become ridiculous if the other team plans to do the same thing.

And no, I've been running with a healer friend of mine, and I'm not seeing cases where people died without getting on a single heal if possible. That people died in a single GCD is an over-exaggeration.

Edited by Wesgile

Med techs are pretty much still unkillable, I play mine on occasion. You just stun stun stun, run off and heal yourself and then run around and constantly move while stopping occasionally to stun and pop a heal off. No different then before 1.2 except I can actually be killed instead of lolhealing through 4 people dpsing me.

Neither Tech-based healer (or any of them, really) has this bottomless supply of CCs you allude to.

If 4 players could not kill a healer prior to 1.2, they were demonstrating a massive failure to coordinate or utilize their full range of abilities. It generally takes more than just "HULK SMASH" level thinking to play an MMO.

Which is good, It is not fair to the rest of the players to come across a person or class in a game that is "unkillable". if 2 classes are pited against each other all things equal, 1v1 they should be able to kill each other pretty evenly.

Again, this is an entirely DPS-centric mindset being displayed here. "When two players face off, one should end up dead" is not the only definition of balance. You can neutralize the benefits I am providing to my team by putting pressure on me. If the rest of your team is superior, they will wipe out the DPS on my team and then I'll be standing there in the midst of red names and be joining my teammates in the respawn box shortly after. If my team is better, they will wipe out your team and/or peel you off of me.

Before 1.2 Healers simply could not be killed, period. in huttball they could carry the ball from one end to the other and never go below half health with the entire opposing team wailing on them. THAT is unbalanced.

8 players can't kill 1 healer who is also moving at the same time?

You really have taken hyperbole to a new level.

Post 1.2 a healer can be killed 1v1 if they are not careful and don't have the right rotation. THIS is balanced.

A healer could be killed prior to 1.2 by a single DPS who knew what they were doing or if they made a mistake. A healer could be neutralized or at least heavily pressured by a single DPS in most cases, it was already balanced. The problem is the very people now screaming "learn to adapt and play better" chose not to do so and instead flocked to the forums.

Your complaints are that a mara can kill you, they should be able to, they are a Glass cannon DPS. If a DPS which has one of the highest burst damages of all classes can't kill a healer 1v1 or even get close, there is something WRONG with the healer.

A glass cannon with some of the most powerful survival abilities and talents in the game. If a mara/sent "couldn't get close" to killing a healer prior to 1.2, that player was in serious need of a better strategy. Nothing was wrong with the healer or the game balance. This would be filed as a PEBKAC issue.

Healers are supposed to be protected, not be immortal and unkillable, they are supposed to have decent heals, enough to "heal" not stop a player being ravaged by multiple high DPSers from dieing. A healer is not supposed to be able to save someone from certain death, they are supposed to heal enough to give the player they are healing to give them an advantage and hopefully kill their opponent before they themselves die.

So in order to be effective, a healer needs a 2nd player. If you truly want balance, then a healer should technically be able to keep that other player up against 2 enemies if they are not being pressured.. If balance is really good, then pushbacks, CCs, interrupts and other pressure make it so that they can only hold themselves up against one.

So you demand that a healer have a backup to survive, yet find it unacceptable that you need backup to take down someone supported by a healer. Nice double standard.

Now it is "fair".

WoW hasn't been out for 10 years. Your repeated need to exaggerate everything just makes your point weaker.

Edited by Syylara

I've said this a couple of pages back, or probably in a different thread altogether, kinda forgot, but my main point is that PvP and PvE is different. In PvE content, your objective is to go through the whole run/mission/dungeon without getting a wipe, on easier dungeons a single or a few death is generally okay and won't affect much, but usually you need to keep basically everyone alive at all time throughout the whole ordeal. The same cannot be said for PvP, especially when the mechanics are respawning (instead of e.g. round based where people die once per round, or stuff), in which dying IS the point of the mechanic of respawns. You can't expect the team healer to be able to keep everyone alive everytime, and things would become ridiculous if the other team plans to do the same thing.

And no, I've been running with a healer friend of mine, and I'm not seeing cases where people died without getting on a single heal if possible. That people died in a single GCD is an over-exaggeration.

I realize this, I did not say otherwise. I stated what I did in the effort to further my opinion about what players assume the job of a healer should be compared to that of DPS. In my opinion, the two should be opposites. As for keeping everyone alive for a prolonged amount of time, I've gotta say the funnest PvP experience I have had is when I was in a raid fighting for a boss where I healed for over 20 minutes straight. Prolonged PvP where tactics come into play is my idea of a true PvP experience.

I do not recall stating that a player died in one GCD. I said that at times I am unable to heal a player against one DPS. Nowhere did I state that it was within the time span of one GCD.

Loving 1.2. This thread is the longest list of whining I have ever seen.

Only because the "nerf healers" threads that filled half the first page on a daily basis before 1.2 weren't conveniently consolidated in one thread.

Edited by Syylara

healers were greatly overpowered pre 1.2

no wonder you enjoyed it. Now admittedly they are overnerfed.

Somewhere in between would have been a better solution.

Seriously, is this your first MMO? Healers were far from overpowered. There's unfortunately just a lot, and I mean a LOT of bad players who didn't know how to maximize their dps, interrupt or focus fire targets.

healers were greatly overpowered pre 1.2

no wonder you enjoyed it. Now admittedly they are overnerfed.

Somewhere in between would have been a better solution.

Not quite accurate. That statement would be accurate for my mercenary across the board, but wouldnt have been accurate for my sorcerer. The only time my sorcerer healing was OP was against people that let me stand around free casting because they didnt know how to interrupt. My operative healer had a good mix of survivability and healing output and was fairly balanced.

Post 1.2 a sorcerer is completely non-viable as a healer unless fighting completely and utter idiots the both ignore you and never interrupt you. My operative feels slightly over powered now due to the buffs, and my merc would feel about right post nerf if it wasnt for the across the board change in TTK causing -everything- to die faster.

I have seen good healers post 1.2 who have made a difference in Warzones, who have handled being attacked by Marauders, and Bounty Hunters, and have healed and turned the tide. The fact that you can't do it doesn't speak ill of your class, it only speaks ill of your ability to play a healer.

Making a difference and having fun playing are completely different things.

My operative can make a difference still and survive fairly well and do a good job of keeping people alive.

A good marauder can single handedly take my sorcerer out of a fight without breaking a sweat, and a crappy maurader can do it with only shedding a drop or two. The change to ttk and the fact that my big heal takes a full second faster to cast ...a class that was already extremely susceptible to interrupts is now neutered by them.

I play all three healing classes and there is a gross difference in effectiveness between my sorcerer and my operative or merc. Can my sorc be effective? Sure. Unfortunately it takes fighting against idiots that either leave me alone or do crappy dps -and- completely fail at using interrupts ....and having a guard bot. Honestly, I am not sure what your idea of fun in this game is, but playing a sorc healer right now isn't anyone's example of it.

No ...THAT is an extremely gross and inaccurate exaggeration. I am guessing you are on of these people that whined about 'sorc healers' that were actually assassin tanks... and you chased them across a huttball match beating on them though their defensive cooldowns ignoring the healer behind them healing them. LMAO, so so typical.

Yes pre 1.2 patch 8 healers > any other combo outside of a more skilled 8 healers. You can "argue" that they wouldn't have enough dps to kill anything for an offensive...but you'd be wrong. 8 healers means an invincible team (literally unkillable) meaning they can slowly dish out numbers (that wouldn't be healed by the enemy team).

Wrong.

8 dps working together like the 8 healers in your fiction scenario would kill a target in a single GCD cycle. You can't heal through damage that happens that fast even if you had 100 healers.

Sorry, you fail.

Wrong.

8 dps working together like the 8 healers in your fiction scenario would kill a target in a single GCD cycle. You can't heal through damage that happens that fast even if you had 100 healers.

Sorry, you fail.

In fact, even 4 healer teams couldnt win pre 1.2. Dps burst is and was much much more important after your second healer.