A Healer's 1.2 Grievances: The story of why healers are upset

Darkammo

Thank you very much for taking the time and writing this.. for the DPS that *****ed about not killing a healer... guess what WE COULDN'T KILL YOU EITHER!!. and now we not only cannot kill you but we cant even heal ourselves. so who's really been ****ed over. so start voting MVP for healers in WZ's because we are trying our asses off to heal the unappreciative DPS who doesn't even know we exist.

If you can't heal yourself through 1 dps it is a L2P issue:

Just one of the matches played last night: 419k dmg taken with only 5 deaths. 590k healing done. We are still tanks if you know what your doing. And we can still heal like monsters.

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/6458/screenshot2012041219180.jpg

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one is scratching their heads about the DMG buff from expertise. Do the damn match, DMG mitigation and DMG done now cancel each other out almost perfectly. Before DMG mitigation was winning.

As a merc healer, I have yet to have a DPS even come close to my healing in 1.2

Man im wondering if your a Troll or actually have a healer. and if you have a Healer if he is level 50

Man im wondering if your a Troll or actually have a healer. and if you have a Healer if he is level 50

Neither. He is a shill. BW is madly scrambling their ghostwriters to post positive things on the forums. Would be better if they just used that time and energy to fix the things that is making everyone unsub.

Just one of the matches played last night: 419k dmg taken with only 5 deaths. 590k healing done. We are still tanks if you know what your doing. And we can still heal like monsters.

I don't like defeat on your screen shot and it's voidstar where killing a healer is not a big deal. It's better to focus on dps and doors usually.

My 11 cents.

I play a healer primarily, Jedi Sage healer spec with some steal in at the 2 damage specs (Such as the 2x50 extra force and damage reductions).

I agree when I stepped into 1.2 PVP it was a rough adaptation, what I observed was:

1. I didnt get pummeled as much as I used to, the DPS's seem to focus more on taking down tanks and other DPS's (Their mistake)

2. I do less healing than I used to, down from 300-350k to around 160-180k in a game of voidstar.

3. My survivability seems better, I die around half as much, my imperial sniper nemesis seems unable to do the 5 second kills on me that she used to do.

So all in all, yes I could whine that I got nerfed and I'm useless as a healer now and all that, but I wont (anymore). Seems to me each and every class must feel nerfed in 1.2, the only resonable question is; Will you adapt or will you whine?

Sure my healing is down, but I die less, get targeted for ganks less and I survive better, everything else just requires me to adapt and learn, if the good people that administer this game did not make these changes we would just have even more "This and that is overpowered" and "The game is dying" discussion.

I say 1.2 is not a setback, it is evolution of a good game on its way to greatness.

so start voting MVP for healers in WZ's because we are trying our asses off to heal the unappreciative DPS who doesn't even know we exist.

I usually do this anyways. And often I get 1 vote every game, that I think is from a healer since my sole function in wz is to kill DPS killing the healer... and kill the other healers.

As a Operative i still get smacked down fast. 1 or 2 DPS. I fully understand 2 but the speed i get beat is a bit overwhelming. In fact 1 dps will make me blow the dodge and shield CD while healing myself. Then im playing not helpful to anyone. only posting my death for a bit.

Rift was to easy to heal. WOW is really the more balanced Heal PVP setup. (except Druids)

This is a point where they will be crunching the #s for a bit. I hate getting killed so fast, even with me healing myself that a single dps can chop me down farely quickly.

(maruds are a nightmare)

they gimped healers and healers are upset because

1. they get focused on all the time and want to be able to at least survive against 1 player attacking them i mean come on there proffesion is healing they sacrifice there damage to be healers and thats what they do. so why spec into a healing spec to become a free kill because of 1.2 ?

2. if they are going to gimp healing then they need to upgrade healers dps to balance it out.

3. whats the poijt in being ah ealer when a full team of DPS dominate warzones because of the gimped healing ?

well sorta there i proberly didnt explain it very well.

Sure it had nothing to do with the 170k Protection done Tank either huh *grin*

they gimped healers

I stopped right there, healers are just fine.

L2P JD, and stop posting your trolling nonsense, look at the SS couple post above you, if you guys want I will post like 20 SS of healers healing in 1.2 for over 500k.

Then what you going to tell me healers are gimped?

Yea healers healing and winning games are gimped right..RIGHT??!! :rolleyes:

Post 1.2 dealing with the healer is optional. Can just bypass the healer, kill the guy directly. Or just outright dispatch the healer like it was nothing.

This, exactly this. The baddies ignore the healer like they always did, only difference is now, they blow everything up, regardless of the healer.

Healing PVP in TOR was more challenging than many other MMO's I've played over the years ... in some of those games, I tanked 5+, while keeping my teammates up, and never batting an eye.

A single solid DPS'r, pre 1.2 could keep you locked down ... forget your teammates. Yeah I could tank baddies, and heal my team, not denying that.

Even without healing, the TTL was longer prior to 1.2 ... now its just a matter of whoever has their burst CD's up ... blow your CD's, kill someone, turn around, get blown up by the next guy ... spawn, rinse, repeat.

To get back to your quoted statement ... Pre 1.2, DPS was never optional.

They changed the entire premise of PVP in this game in the blink of an eye ... it almost feels like an act of desperation on BW's part.

Its funny as hell, they sold this pvp system on a long TTL ... nerfed Operatives/Scoundrels because they performed outside that premise ... and then turned everything on its head with this patch. Operatives/Scoundrels are nerfed beyond recognition, while Marauders/Sentinels are now blowing folks up in the blink of an eye. Oh the irony!

As a full BM healer I dropped from being able to hit high 400' low 500's to 300-350 just in the first day of 1.2, The nerf isn't nearly as bad as I figured just need to roll with a tank buddy that knows to protect you. I have seen healers on my server still hittign 450k healing. I think it is all fine. The sky is not falling this is not the end of healing sorry to burst your bubble.

My 36 Sorc alt has no big issue with healing, i even respecced him from dps to straight healing after 1.2. I got 13 medals one match, like 11 another...some matches we won and some we didnt, It comes down to simply having to adjust to the changes. You win some you lose some.

My 11 cents.

I play a healer primarily, Jedi Sage healer spec with some steal in at the 2 damage specs (Such as the 2x50 extra force and damage reductions).

I agree when I stepped into 1.2 PVP it was a rough adaptation, what I observed was:

1. I didnt get pummeled as much as I used to, the DPS's seem to focus more on taking down tanks and other DPS's (Their mistake)

2. I do less healing than I used to, down from 300-350k to around 160-180k in a game of voidstar.

3. My survivability seems better, I die around half as much, my imperial sniper nemesis seems unable to do the 5 second kills on me that she used to do.

This may be the case at current on your server. However, on mine, healers have become THE target of choice. Give the melee dps a few more WZ to dicover just how vunerable you realy are. You will be a kill stat to pad their numbers.

I have had a few matches where I am completely partially ignored too. Those are the only matches where you are going to make a difference as a healer, and it is marginal.

I don't like defeat on your screen shot and it's voidstar where killing a healer is not a big deal. It's better to focus on dps and doors usually.

We lost because of our DPS, not our healing.

Also, just a few more games from last night:

Huttball 6+ mins left:

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/5232/screenshot2012041219363.jpg

First time in new WZ:

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/6841/screenshot2012041219550.jpg

there are more of these from last night. I fail to see the nerf...

Edited by Khoraji

They made acceptable changes to my class. As a result, I heal for less. However survivability has increased. Although forced into an adaptive play style the changes to my class are more than acceptable. Furthermore any sage that has issues with this patch must ask themselves a few questions.

1. Was I a good healer?

2. Can I adapt to situations and overcome obstacles?

3. Do I play with my mouse and not my keyboard?

4. Am I adult enough to change and grow to the obstacles in front of me?

5. Do i live in my parent’s basement because change and load noises scare me?

Sometimes you can’t have everything handed to you on a silver platter. Sometimes you have to roll with the punches, adapt, improvise and overcome. My suggestion is pull up your big boy panties and learn to play the game or you can go back to whatever mmo you came from and be the uber boss there.

I’m in champ and have the battle master chest and it takes more than one to kill me.

If you find you cant survive one dps hitting you....then you suck.....The end.

But wait its not really the end. You can go back to free realms or whatever crap *** mmo you came from. As a real bonus think of how much more youll get for christmass because mommy and daddy wont have to pay for your swtor account anymore.

Now run away and cry to mommy she'll take you shoppin for ice cream.

Edited by genjuuro

I am still waiting for you to do the math and see that I am right. Expertise does nothing for DPS while giving us a +12% bonus..

The issue is not that healers have been nerfed to the ground. Actually, sage and commando healers have just been normalized. Before, these classes were pretty much easy mode healing but now they have been brought back in line with scoundrel healing which I have always found balanced.

I'm a scoundrel healer and we got some minor buffs this patch, mostly just quality of life rather than raw healing output. My survival is pretty much the same as it has always been, with the added bonus of extra upperhand stacks, quicker channeling of our (mostly) useless heal etc. But my actual ability to survive and heal is just slightly better than before. In otherwords, way below sage/commando levels pre-patch but roughly equal post-patch.

Before and after the patch I can easily outheal one DPS no matter the spec, two of them most of the time unless they are PERFECT with stuns/interrupts, and usually I can outheal a train of three if they are average players. When I have a pocket tank we can easily survive 4-5 guys at once for a long time, even kill them (my pocket tank guildy is good :p) If just healing an ally without myself getting beat on, I can outheal 2 no problem and usually 3-5 guys (depending on skill level) at once if my ally isn't stupid.

Commandos/Sages were just overpowered healers before. Now these players actually have to be good in order to impact a game, just like any other class. If any idiot can waltz into a WZ with no gear, experience, or skill and faceroll their team to victory, then there is a problem. I know I will get flak for saying this, but all the whiners about "healing is ruined!!" just need to adapt to the game and not use their class as a crutch for lack of skill.

As a full BM healer I dropped from being able to hit high 400' low 500's to 300-350 just in the first day of 1.2, The nerf isn't nearly as bad as I figured just need to roll with a tank buddy that knows to protect you. I have seen healers on my server still hittign 450k healing. I think it is all fine. The sky is not falling this is not the end of healing sorry to burst your bubble.

I'm definitely taking it pretty hard but I think lots of that is due to A) the expertise buff and B) the fact that my guildmates are no longer around. With a dedicated tank there is certainly added survivability, but this basically changes the gameplay of both tanks and healers to appease uncoordinated DPS players. Pre 1.2 a quality tank could shape a team by switching around his defenses to other players, now I definitely feel that healers need a measure of babysitting in order to keep the rest of the team alive. Patch night I expected to be pretty rough as all the pre-mades would be out wrecking shop for a while but the impact of a competent Juggernaut or Marauder post 1.2 on my Combat Medic was definitely noticable.

Maybe I'm just a bad and need to L2P, either way I don't see any point in speccing heals rather than DPS or a heavy hybrid at the moment. It seems unlikely but I guess no one likes to think they suck, that being said the impact on all of my characters definitely does not seem the same and some of them I certainly don't seem to be a bad on so maybe my L2P issue is specific to healers? Can't say I'm super-pleased with the decided shift toward fast paced and more deadly combats in 1.2, its what most MMOs have aimed for lately rooted in some nonsensical belief that MMO "twitchplay" is a good thing. Fortunately my Guardian is loving 1.2 so I don't intend to go anywhere, just shelving my medic for a while.

Well said, OP. Well said. You have perfectly encapsulated the feelings of this long time healer. This really hit the mark for me:

...My heart goes out to those sages. They can't take care of themselves as easily as before, and before there was a lot of "keep running, they gonna kill you!" Her deaths I would say doubled each warzone. She comes out of the spawn and gets sent quickly back.

After signing on yesturday, I played about 20 or so warzones with my Seer Sage. The first two went pretty smooth. Force was manageable and I healed around 400k. However, I got the distinct feeling that I wasn't actually doing anything significant. I mean, I had to literally dump heals on people in wholesale fashion to keep them upright and they died anyway.

The next 18 or so were a disaster. As my server headed into primetime hours, the better Imp players signed on and that "was all she wrote", so to speak. I simply could not get deliverance off without being interrupted, stunned or knocked back. The conveyance nerf is harsh. My lifespan in a battle could be measured in seconds. Almost all the healing I did was for myself. I was just a drag on the team.

This game is all about DPS now. So, I shelved my Seer Sage and will only be playing DPS oriented characters. There really is no comparing the fun-factor.

I spent the rest of last night playing my Enginer Sniper and killing Sages of all specs left and right. I have four methods to interrupt them.