Mar/Sents

mikedee

Mara/sent are overpowered lol. You guys need to actually pvp before you say this ****.

With the amount of roots, KBs, Stuns, and mez's in this game youre worried about melee....

You probably dont even realize the range attacking you because youre terrible.

I wish I could repost this a million times.

People act like Maras are dominating every, or even a lot, of warzones. No. They are just dominating you.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because marauders always have their defensive cooldowns available. Yep, you're right, what was I thinking. /sarcasm

Seriously though, sentinels/marauders are easy to kill. Focus them for a few seconds, use a stun or two to prevent their CDS. If they do manage to pop their defensive cooldowns, then have one single person stun them, and everyone who was focusing them should start to focus another target.

5s later their defensive cooldowns are gone. K now kill them. Its not hard, really it isn't.

lol at 'JUST STUNZ IT' and wait for 5 seconds for their cd's to go down - ever hear of chaining cd's? prob not. well lemme explain - you pop 1st cd (20% dmg reduction) when that is down you pop 2nd cd (saber ward 75% parry & deflect) when that is down you pop 3rd cd (force camo vanish + 50% dmg reduction) when that is down you pop 4th cd (95% accuracy debuff) when that is down you pop 5th cd (AOE mezz peel) when that is down you pop 6th cd (99% dmg reduction) by then you have either killed multiple ppl and your 1st cd is up again rinse and repeat.

Edited by Daayz

What totally awesome kick you arse defense does sent have that I'm missin out on lol???

That crappy saber ward that doesnt block all attacks and has a 2 minute cooldown?

The 99% damage reduction - Undying Rage/Guarded by the Force.

Rebuke/Cloak of Pain - Energy damage to all attackers and 20% damage immunity (IIRC)

Saber Ward

Camo - Invis + 50% movement speed

Group healing DoTs if specced Annihilation/Watchmen.

We all knew Mara/Sent was going to be the new FOTM before this patch was released. I'm not surprised. As a Pyro Powertech, I used to melt the bad ones and put up a good fight against the better ones.

Now I just get owned.

Isn't that funny! I'm in the same boat (PyroMerc). For the last several weeks I was holding my own if not killing one particular Sent on my server (who is by no means bad). Yesterday, every entanglement he peeled my face off.

Yeah, the fact that if I don't use my CD on this attack, I die screams balance.

KNOCKBACKS

Have shorter cooldowns then MS/Ravage and effectively cancel it.

just wow

The fact that you think you can just ignore people HIGH DMG attacks screams you have skill

lol

Edited by RenegadeSLX

KNOCKBACKS

Have shorter cooldowns then MS/Ravage and effectively cancel it.

just wow

The fact that you think you can just ignore people HIGH DMG attacks screams you have skill

lol

But what you fail to mention is that it is ok for only one class to do that dmg? Oh yeah sorry if I don't save my knockback only for mars/sents i get insta gibd. sweet thanks was wondering if it was op

But what you fail to mention is that it is ok for only one class to do that dmg? Oh yeah sorry if I don't save my knockback only for mars/sents i get insta gibd. sweet thanks was wondering if it was op

Or a stun or mabye run and get the hell away from melee. If this stuff is complicated I suggest you stop pvping cause its going to cause you a lot of trouble.

With the root from Carnage you don't exactly have a choice

They have to actually use the ability on you (aka be in range) not just see you from across the game and master strike you in the face insta killing you.... try moving around, it helps;)

and the magic 31/31/31 spec rears its ugly head again. Combat damage is still way gimped, if you get rooted by a sent with MS he better have a friend nearby to help finish you off. I played combat and use it for what its for, team buffs and roots, not some kind of imaginary faceroll damage.

Edit:changed play to played. and no you cant have my stuff, im giving it to my star wars fanboi guildies

Edited by Crawelc

Hi, I have cooldowns too. You pop yours, I pop mine, you end with 75% health, I'm dead. Why?

Run away? Then I can't hit you. And you charge me. Wait, that's your solution? Run away? LOL. Why should a marauder be the god of 1v1? You absolutely need a friend to have even a chance against them BY YOUR OWN ADMISSION.

On my marauder I can easily 2v1 people as Rage/Focus, which is weak apparently.

If you think 1v1 never happens in a team WZ you are delusional. Sorry, I'm not going to run into the deathtrap mid node full of the enemy team. I'm going where the enemy is weakly defending.

You don't have a marauder, pop on over to the marauder forums; who said rage/focus was weak? The weakest tree was carnage (combat) prepatch, and from testing all 3 trees post-patch, while carnage did get buffed most mara's are still speccing into either anni or rage as they still produce the most damage output throughout a wz.

Also to the person who told someone to stop 1v1ing in a team environment, lol you hit it right on the head.

If people were paying attention, Carnage specced marauders are the ones doing a lot of damage with ravage when they pair it with a gore beforehand (100% armor mitigation) which is on a 15 second cool down. On top of that, ravage is on a 30 second cool down (27 sec cd talented).

You people make it seem as if I'm running from target to target immediately hitting gore then ravage and gibbing people? Guess I have some kind of instant cd reset ability eh? Even if i do gore you again right after it comes off cd, ravage would still be on cd for an additional 12 seconds, seeing as gore only lasts 6 seconds on a target this still wouldn't be the case.

If it isn't complaining about one spec of marauders, its another; before the patch 2/3 of marauders were running around as annihilation, and the qq was "OH THEY CAN HEAL AND DO DAMAGE ZOMG WTFBBQ". No one was complaining about carnage then, because quite frankly carnage marauders weren't the biggest or a big threat to people. Yes they could still put out some burst and kill you if everything was timed/hit correctly, but even at the end of wz matches their damage output would still be way below a lesser geared anni or rage marauder.

However now that bioware made Carnage a viable option (most marauder's I talk to are still going anni or rage quite frankly because rage damage is still up there even with a small nerf to smash damage apparently, and anni self heals when you don't have a personal heal bot are still amazing) they need to be nerfed back down!

So now, maybe 1 out of 4 marauders are specced carnage, and everyone is crying over them being able to do a lot of damage when they first hit you with a 100% armor mitigation strike and then hit you with a 3 second channeled strike? An operative with all cd's who catches me when i have my cc break on cd can down me before i even get up from the initial stun, NERFNERFNERF.

PvP has always been a paper/scissors/rocks type of environment; but how it is now, there is no paper scissor or rock, why? because you can kill any class at any given time provided their cds aren't up. Those of you going into wz's thinking OH YAH I'M GONNA 1v1 THIS DUDE FOR GLORY!!! You people are why bioware made drastic changes to how medals are gained and how commendations work in wz's, if you're running around trying to 1v1 hero everything that moves, chances are you're not really contributing to your team regarding the overall objective of the game, and will probably be one of the big reasons your team loses.

Anyways, continue on with the bashing and crying for nerfs, I'm pretty sure the same people doing that now are going to try to 1v1 an anni marauder or rage marauder, and when/if they lose, they will just have the overall consensus that the whole class needs to be removed from game.

Quite frankly, with the changes all classes are squishy, focus fire a mara and he goes down, remember in a wz you're not alone, there's several other players around you, stop trying to be a 1v1 hero.

Edited by Sushyy

They have to actually use the ability on you (aka be in range) not just see you from across the game and master strike you in the face insta killing you.... try moving around, it helps;)

leap usually fixes that issue.

Which is why you should move 5 meters away, or knockback, or cc

Ravage continues to hit you until you get about 15 meters away- and if you're snared (which you are unless the marauder's an idiot) you are guaranteed to get hit twice, and it's highly likely you'll get hit a third time.

Sure, you can use your CC on the ability- a knockback or stun generally being what other classes have- if the mara is full resolve though that won't work, and even if not- using your stun then means no stun for when they leap, or turn invincible, or are chasing you killing you in 6 seconds.

CC isn't a way of stopping a marauder from killing you, it's a way of staying your execution for a couple more seconds.

Marauders are the only class worth playing now- once BW devs grow tired of playing them, we might see a nerf to the most OP class in the history of mmorpgs.... at least Bright Wizards were made of glass and lacked mobility.

My marauder gets most solo kills, 1v2 double kills, kill blows, damage, and not uncommonly in the top three for healing- every match. In a way, I should thank BW for getting me to play the class and opening my eyes to how much everything else I've played is garbage compared to this god class.