Mar/Sents

mikedee

Mara/sent are overpowered lol. You guys need to actually pvp before you say this ****.

With the amount of roots, KBs, Stuns, and mez's in this game youre worried about melee....

You probably dont even realize the range attacking you because youre terrible.

Edited by RenegadeSLX

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is a whinter? Also, your cooldown is 30 seconds - most defensive cooldowns are 2 min 30 seconds.

What you're saying is - if I don't blow all my CDs just to survive, I deserve to die to 1 offensive move - seems balanced.

Yeah, I fail to see the point of your post.

Glad I'm not alone.

- DH

Call me crazy, but shouldnt DPS class (sent/mara) have the most DPS:rolleyes:

DPS = damage

Tank = health/defense

Healer = healing

Know your role gibroni.... dont run a sage/sorc as DPS and whine that sent/mara is better DPS than you, because they are supposed to be!!

so why do sorcs/sages suck at healing too?

If maras would just stop using the 31/31/31 spec it would all be ok.

In all seroiusness, maras/sents are a little op and a group of them is rediculous. They tried to balance around mediocre players which made the good players OP and the great players invincible.

Bads are still bad and I roflstomp them.

lol have fun "focus firing" a sentinel / marauder. Their vast array of CD's make them by far the hardest class to actually kill - derp derp lets have multiple team members try to burst through their 1) 20% dmg reduction that lasts for 30 seconds, 2) 99% dmg reduction, 3) their force camo vanish + 50% dmg reduction, 4) their 75% parry saber ward, 5) their off the GCD free accuracy debuff they can apply which reduces enemy accuracy by 95%, AND lets not forget their 6) self heals and 7) AOE mez that effectively peels off everybody around them attking them.

This combined with their best in game short CD gap closer, best in game single target damage, massive array of short CD interrupts (6 second CD interrupt, force leap, force choke, and aoe mez - don't bother attempting to cast against a marauder because you won't), their immunity to interrupts, and best in game group utility (GROUP passive heals, GROUP 15% damage buff, GROUP speed boost).

Yep looks balanced to me. /sarcasm

hahaha yeah I know right. Seriously. DUMBEST PATCH IN HISTORY OF MMO'S. I've cancelled my sub but with the 4 days left I'll be playing my 46 marauder for the lols.

lol have fun "focus firing" a sentinel / marauder. Their vast array of CD's make them by far the hardest class to actually kill - derp derp lets have multiple team members try to burst through their 1) 20% dmg reduction that lasts for 30 seconds, 2) 99% dmg reduction, 3) their force camo vanish + 50% dmg reduction, 4) their 75% parry saber ward, 5) their off the GCD free accuracy debuff they can apply which reduces enemy accuracy by 95%, AND lets not forget their 6) self heals and 7) AOE mez that effectively peels off everybody around them attking them.

This combined with their best in game short CD gap closer, best in game single target damage, massive array of short CD interrupts (6 second CD interrupt, force leap, force choke, and aoe mez - don't bother attempting to cast against a marauder because you won't), their immunity to interrupts, and best in game group utility (GROUP passive heals, GROUP 15% damage buff, GROUP speed boost).

Yep looks balanced to me. /sarcasm

Because marauders always have their defensive cooldowns available. Yep, you're right, what was I thinking. /sarcasm

Seriously though, sentinels/marauders are easy to kill. Focus them for a few seconds, use a stun or two to prevent their CDS. If they do manage to pop their defensive cooldowns, then have one single person stun them, and everyone who was focusing them should start to focus another target.

5s later their defensive cooldowns are gone. K now kill them. Its not hard, really it isn't.

Master Strike is counterable and people will find ways and means to do so. But the reward for getting one off is too high atm.

Something in between in terms of 1.1 damage and 1.2 damage is whats needed.

Because marauders always have their defensive cooldowns available. Yep, you're right, what was I thinking. /sarcasm

Seriously though, sentinels/marauders are easy to kill. Focus them for a few seconds, use a stun or two to prevent their CDS. If they do manage to pop their defensive cooldowns, then have one single person stun them, and everyone who was focusing them should start to focus another target.

5s later their defensive cooldowns are gone. K now kill them. Its not hard, really it isn't.

Because with 7 teammates, 8 enemies, and objectives to have to worry about. I should have to remind myself of every mar/sents cds...

So, your post highlights that it requires 2 or more people to kill a single DPS ONLY class.

Lol, nice.

What is a whinter? Also, your cooldown is 30 seconds - most defensive cooldowns are 2 min 30 seconds.

What you're saying is - if I don't blow all my CDs just to survive, I deserve to die to 1 offensive move - seems balanced.

Yeah, I fail to see the point of your post.

Whiner, whatever.

Also, my main is a scoundrel, not a mara/sent.

On my scoundrel, my kick has a 30s CD and my dodge (which renders ravage COMPLETELY useless) is on a 45s CD, its 30 if you go dirty fighting. Timed right, my dodge will also remove all of their bleeding/burning effects meaning that my one defensive cooldown just ruined their entire damage output.

lol when all their defensive cooldowns are on a 45second to 1min cooldown except saber ward.

BUT RLY DOOD JUST KILL THEM BRAH IT'S NOT HURD JUST DO IT!

Because with 7 teammates, 8 enemies, and objectives to have to worry about. I should have to remind myself of every mar/sents cds...

Actually you should, seriously. The rest of the team is kinda irrelevant.

Btw, he forgets to mention that with their stupidly high damage, they don't actually NEED to use these cooldowns vs. 1 guy anyway. You save the cool downs for precisely when your getting focused.

Edited by vermura

Mara/sent are overpowered lol. You guys need to actually pvp before you say this ****.

With the amount of roots, KBs, Stuns, and mez's in this game youre worried about melee....

You probably dont even realize the range attacking you because youre terrible.

This^

As a Sent I can tell you that a good ranged player can roll melee in a good fight, its hard to melee when you are out of range:cool:

So, your post highlights that it requires 2 or more people to kill a single DPS ONLY class.

Lol, nice.

No, It takes 2 or more people to FOCUS a marauder/sent.

As I have stated earlier, as a scoundrel I have only found 1 marauder that I can't kill straigh tup in a 1v1, and thats because of a gear gap.

First the GCD starts from the moment you hit leap. Part of that GCD is eaten away in the leap (the time to get to your target) so no you will not be immobalised for only 1.5seconds of an MS. You will be immobed for 2-2.5 secs of an MS.

Also MS is on a shorter cooldown then stuns/blinds/mezzes so the chances are you eating a full duration or close to full duration of an MS more often then you are stunning your opponent out of his MS.

So that leaves KBs as the only viable counter but Sages/sorcs have delayed KBs that they can't use till they are unrooted so they are eating the full duration of an MS as the time it takes to get unrooted and finish the KB animation the MS is finished.

Scoundrals/ops don't even get a KB which leaves Trooper/BH (both merc and Powetech variants) and Jugs/Gaurds as the only 3 classes that can effectively counter an MS more often then not which are all heavy armour wearing classes.

Yes they really need to avoid the MS the most out of all classes :)

You apparently HAVE played some PVP before.

Some people are perpetrating a fraud.

You can tell by the "JUST STUNZ IT" one-liners.

- DH

Whiner, whatever.

Also, my main is a scoundrel, not a mara/sent.

On my scoundrel, my kick has a 30s CD and my dodge (which renders ravage COMPLETELY useless) is on a 45s CD, its 30 if you go dirty fighting. Timed right, my dodge will also remove all of their bleeding/burning effects meaning that my one defensive cooldown just ruined their entire damage output.

Lolnah. Cheers though.

Dodge doesn't affect force attacks, meaning they are gonna have their DoT ticking on you and smash is force damage. You dodge lasts what? 3 seconds? Yeah after that you're done. I can just force choke you for the entire duration of it too lolololol.

DoT you up when you attempt to cloak - yeah, you're lying dead 5 meters away.

Edited by DweezillKagemand

You need to read more.

Especially from the players saying ravage/master strike is OP now and they don't want this "I-Win" ability.

What does the fact that it has a cooldown or potentially be stopped have to do with the fact that it is OP at the moment?

Nothing.

- DH

Because a defensive cooldown makes ravage go from OP to virtually useless in 0.00 seconds.

First the GCD starts from the moment you hit leap. Part of that GCD is eaten away in the leap (the time to get to your target) so no you will not be immobalised for only 1.5seconds of an MS. You will be immobed for 2-2.5 secs of an MS.

Also MS is on a shorter cooldown then stuns/blinds/mezzes so the chances are you eating a full duration or close to full duration of an MS more often then you are stunning your opponent out of his MS.

So that leaves KBs as the only viable counter but Sages/sorcs have delayed KBs that they can't use till they are unrooted so they are eating the full duration of an MS as the time it takes to get unrooted and finish the KB animation the MS is finished.

Scoundrals/ops don't even get a KB which leaves Trooper/BH (both merc and Powetech variants) and Jugs/Gaurds as the only 3 classes that can effectively counter an MS more often then not which are all heavy armour wearing classes.

Yes they really need to avoid the MS the most out of all classes :)

The immobilize starts at the same point that the GCD starts. MS is on the same CD as my shadow's knock down and knockback and my scoundrel's stun.

Your post was just made irrevelent.

if i slow someone, and start the master strike whilst standing inside their clipping, it will complete before they break range as it tends to finish the last hit even if they're some distance out of melee range.

This happens on my Sent also...thought it was a bug :confused:

Lolnah. Cheers though.

Dodge doesn't affect force attacks, meaning they are gonna have their DoT ticking on you and smash is force damage. You dodge lasts what? 3 seconds? Yeah after that you're done. I can just force choke you for the entire duration of it too lolololol.

DoT you up when you attempt to cloak - yeah, you're lying dead 5 meters away.

Dodge removes their Dots for scoundrels/Ops. Look it up. its 4s with the set bonus.