Mar/Sents

mikedee

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ravage continues to hit you until you get about 15 meters away- and if you're snared (which you are unless the marauder's an idiot) you are guaranteed to get hit twice, and it's highly likely you'll get hit a third time.

Sure, you can use your CC on the ability- a knockback or stun generally being what other classes have- if the mara is full resolve though that won't work, and even if not- using your stun then means no stun for when they leap, or turn invincible, or are chasing you killing you in 6 seconds.

CC isn't a way of stopping a marauder from killing you, it's a way of staying your execution for a couple more seconds.

Marauders are the only class worth playing now- once BW devs grow tired of playing them, we might see a nerf to the most OP class in the history of mmorpgs.... at least Bright Wizards were made of glass and lacked mobility.

My marauder gets most solo kills, 1v2 double kills, kill blows, damage, and not uncommonly in the top three for healing- every match. In a way, I should thank BW for getting me to play the class and opening my eyes to how much everything else I've played is garbage compared to this god class.

1. If you're getting into the top 3 heals in a game, you're annihilation, prepatch ravage was ***** to use in an annihilation rotation. Post patch if all your other attacks are down and you dont want to use vicious slash sure, ravage is now a viable option.

2. If you're annihilation, you don't have gore (100% armor mitigation) and aren't putting out the "crazy" ravage numbers people are complaining about nor do you have overwhelm which causes ravage to immobilize a target through the duration of the ability.

3. 1v2 double kills? Most people i pvp with would attempt to cc me once they see the deadly saber graphic, it's not hard to miss, i stop hitting your for a second or 2 and flail my sabers around like a raver. When that happens, where are your bleeds coming from aside from rupture, and if it's 2 dps classes you're 2v1ing, 1.2 every class is pretty much sqiuishy, sure blow undying rage, you're still not going to be outputting bleed damage to heal yourself so you just blew half of your hp and aren't recovering any. Oh, I forgot the possibility that I could be wrong, maybe you're specced 31/31/31.

Edited by Sushyy

1. If you're getting into the top 3 heals in a game, you're annihilation, prepatch ravage was ***** to use in an annihilation rotation. Post patch if all your other attacks are down and you dont want to use vicious slash sure, ravage is now a viable option.

You don't use Ravage in your rotation for the first two instant hits? You're missing out.

Some of you guys make me laugh.

All day yesterday people were talking about this. I play a tank vanguard with 8400 armor and I was getting melted by these guys. But no no, that's can't be happening, you know better. I was dying so fast that I would be stunned and would be killed before the stun wore off... I'm went from being a fairly good tank with great survivability to someone as squishy as a DPS or light armor healer without the DPS or healing...

But you all must be right, the whole player base just got together and made a pact to come here and complain about it. It was a conference call, sorry you missed it.

I think everyone was dying fast yesterday when they had a few people on them. I have to assume you had more than one guy on you if you are saying you were stunned, cuz mara/sents only have one stun that has to be channeled, Force stasis. I think the issue yesterday was that expertise was bugged in the patch, and today after alot of 1.2 disappeared it was actually back to normal.

So how come with my dps sage I have never got a 5k+ crit hit on anyone. Even baddies in full greens. Why should your class be allowed to have endless 6k+ crits?

We don't have "endless" 6k crits.

There is ONE ABILITY that can do it. That ability is the 31 point specced "Merciless Slash" from the Watchman. It has been in the game since release day. It isn't spammable, it uses a truckload of focus and has a (default) cooldown of 12 seconds.

You are a ranged DPS that has utility options (stuns, mezzes, etc) as well as the ability to hybridize for synergy. Sentinels do not.

We are not ranged.

We have no push back.

We have no pull.

We have no non-channel based stun.

We can't tank. (Seriously, even our "Super Awesome Defensive Cooldowns" only last a handful of seconds.)

We have one mez that is an AoE mez with a very long cool down.

We can't heal. (note: We can regain some health if we are Watchman specced, but it depends on our burns critting, which gives us back around 2% health)

Try playing a Sentinel.

Can we get really good results? Yes we can.

Does it take a lot of skill to get those results? Yes it does.

The truth is most of the issues people are complaining about have always been in the game it is just that our class was so hard to play properly due to extremely poor itemization that there were very few of us who were actually delivering the pain.

The Sentinel and Marauder are supposed to be the highest DPS class in the game.

The Gunslinger and Sniper are supposed to be the second highest, and the highest ranged, DPS in the game.

Those are what we have been told by devs. So if you wonder why a Sentinel can out DPS your Sage it is because he is supposed to be able to.

I hope you realise Ravage when specced for it, will snare. I hope you also realise Charge snares as well.

In any case, the OP is absolutely right. Marauders / Sentinels were fine before the patch, if any thing they needed a small nerf (healing reduced by 99% during undying rage) but that's about it, this was a bit extreme.

I hope you realize that when specced into a ravage the will immobilize you, we don't have bleeds to self heal, and are probably getting healed by a healer through undying rage, so HEY here's a thought, kill the healer healing me?

We don't have "endless" 6k crits.

There is ONE ABILITY that can do it. That ability is the 31 point specced "Merciless Slash" from the Watchman. It has been in the game since release day. It isn't spammable, it uses a truckload of focus and has a (default) cooldown of 12 seconds.

You are a ranged DPS that has utility options (stuns, mezzes, etc) as well as the ability to hybridize for synergy. Sentinels do not.

We are not ranged.

We have no push back.

We have no pull.

We have no non-channel based stun.

We can't tank. (Seriously, even our "Super Awesome Defensive Cooldowns" only last a handful of seconds.)

We have one mez that is an AoE mez with a very long cool down.

We can't heal. (note: We can regain some health if we are Watchman specced, but it depends on our burns critting, which gives us back around 2% health)

Try playing a Sentinel.

Can we get really good results? Yes we can.

Does it take a lot of skill to get those results? Yes it does.

The truth is most of the issues people are complaining about have always been in the game it is just that our class was so hard to play properly due to extremely poor itemization that there were very few of us who were actually delivering the pain.

The Gunslinger and Sniper are supposed to be the second highest, and the highest ranged, DPS in the game.

Those are what we have been told by devs. So if you wonder why a Sentinel can out DPS your Sage it is because he is supposed to be able to.

Just bc you type a lot doesn't make you right. Sorry I thought we were actually talking about balance. Not 1 class SUPPOSE to be better.

Just bc you type a lot doesn't make you right. Sorry I thought we were actually talking about balance. Not 1 class SUPPOSE to be better.

The Devs have said that, several times. The Sentinel and Marauder are the highest DPS class in the game. The Gunslinger and Sniper are the highest ranged DPS in the game, second highest DPS over all. That is balanced.

How else do you expect to reward the only classes in the game who cannot tank or heal no matter what?

Also... Don't give me that "WoW balances purely based on role" argument. I know they do, or they try to, regardless of never actually succeeding. This game, however, isn't WoW.

The Devs have said that, several times. The Sentinel and Marauder are the highest DPS class in the game. The Gunslinger and Sniper are the highest ranged DPS in the game, second highest DPS over all. That is balanced.

How else do you expect to reward the only classes in the game who cannot tank or heal no matter what?

Also... Don't give me that "WoW balances purely based on role" argument. I know they do, or they try to, regardless of never actually succeeding. This game, however, isn't WoW.

Yeah, having top dps is fine.

You also have the most defensive cds.

Edited by DweezillKagemand

You don't use Ravage in your rotation for the first two instant hits? You're missing out.

I'm not annihilation, and if I was, I wouldn't force charge ravage, It'd be more like force charge deadly saber while in air battering>anni>rupture, battering>rupture>anni whatever floats your boat, there are better things to use aside from ravage.

Links?

Also, why are they so much better tanks than... tanks? Glass cannon is fine. Five chained def cooldowns while having the best damage in the game, not so much.

Edited by Edryk

You are missing the point that mar/sents are doing to much. I get the most. But they are doing that by a ton over second. Neverless the field...

Second I use w.e. balance i want to use. You are saying that classes are and should be better than other classes. You are wrong and when they forget about that you have warhammer. Don't need wow to argue a point. Killed the game because one class was suppose to be superior to the rest.

Hilarious on many, many levels, to anyone who's forum-fenced with him pre-launch. :)

Edited by SableShadow

You are missing the point that mar/sents are doing to much. I get the most. But they are doing that by a ton over second. Neverless the field...

No, no they aren't.

Marauders and Sentinels are currently doing around 5% more damage than other melee DPS classes. That is it. 5%

[/i].

This would be fine if you were also the squishiest class in the game. You aren't even close. You are scissors made out of rock carried by Spock, and everyone else is just a paper lizard to you.

No, no they aren't.

Marauders and Sentinels are currently doing around 5% more damage than other melee DPS classes. That is it. 5%

You are 100% wrong. They have the best dps. The best def cds. A touch of stealth and everything else anyone playing any class would trade for instantly. 5%...