16/25 Immortal/Vengeance The new king of solo pvp?

Darth_Sookie

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#101RrrdzzZfzrorudzM.1

So i've been toying around with hybrid builds after 1.2 and i found this build to be the most powerful over all.

Survivability is insane, especially if you go soresu. Force grip > Ravage can put out some impressive damage if you get some crits.

I was using a similar spec with Soresu and loving it. Going to try Sonic Barrier instead of Savagery tonight and see how it goes.

I was thinking of trying 16/3/22.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#101RrrdzzZcZGrorzfM.1

Reasoning:

Without force alacrity smashes and force screams come out less frequently, so I think I can sacrifice Force Crush as a Shockwave builder, and go back and forth between Enrage for the instant 4 stacks, and Force Choke.

My rotation would be a leap in followed by an immediate force choke/ravage, then smash using the shockwave built by the choke, and force scream to finish off. Is this bursty enough?

Pretty good survivability in Soresu form, plus rage free snares.

The combination of nerfs and how it now plays (it plays like Cerberus trying to go in 3 directions at once and ending up in heap on the floor).

I'm with the jawa on this one. Smash wants you to prioritize power over everything, but in order for overpower to have any use at all, you need to invest significantly in crit. Either forget overpower & go long gaps with no serious damage ability, OR, invest in crit & watch your smashes - which were already seriously nerfed, do less damage than grav spam (which has no cd). Either way, rage isn't in a good place right now.

This is the only hybrid build that i've found worthwhile.

It's a 4/25/12

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#101MMZdRrMrhdzMZhrRzz.1

Pushing maximum rage building from base abilities.

With defeaning defense you have straight up 7% less dmg and while Enraged defense is up you take 22% less dmg.

Using Impale gets you the 9 secs of almost 100% force scream as well as vicious throw which is huge. The goal and the goal of most vengance builds is to get them to 30% where you vicious throw should KO them in 1 hit.

Obliterate and force charge make your force scream free natueraly, and Oblierate works as a 2nd force charge allowing you to jump between platforms in huttball.

Last up your filler rage dump is vicious slash which refunds rage 33% of the time (at least for me)

There really isn't a whole lot of frills to this design, but push's straight up dmg mitigation while giving you a core of damage skills that synergize with each other.

-BD

When you talent force grip, do you still have to pay a gcd when you choke someone? If so, while it's still good, it's not going to let you full ravage w/o them having a chance to pushback, I think running is probably out of the question, but you can get a long ways in 1.5 seconds... Edited by Veeius

This is good. Same stuff I posted about from PTS in my immortal thread when I was testing out various hybrids.

My only concern here is does Sonic barrier offer more mitigation then the damage reduction from deafening defense. Sonic barrier seems, imo, to offer stronger mitigation in a shorter window, while deafening defense will offer a broader mitigation. But lets say you have 1000 hp left and get hit by an attack that does 1500, sonic barrier would prevent you from getting dead, but I am not so sure if the base deafening defense would. I estimated that Sonic barrier would give you about 800 Hp shield, which would save you from that hit, but with the mitigation from deafening defense, you would still recieve 1215 damage, enough to kill you in this selective example which is biased towards sonic barrier. But its something to consider.

While flat mitigation is wonderful I am unsure if it will prevent and keep you alive as long as sonic barrier. Since you have the reduction on force scream CD as well... I wonder if the combat parser can give information on this.

Edited by Schwarzwald

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#101RrGbzzZcRrMrhdzZM.1

I tried out this spec on my guardian last night, and was pleasantly surprised at how well it performed. I only had recruit dps gear (+shield generator), and I was doing quite well against teams that outgeared me by far. Impale->scream is decent damage, and choke->ravage was great (many people use their cc breaker as soon as they see you start the ravage though, so using your slow is essential).

I'd recommend not taking shien form to stance dance, as this is primarily a PvP tank. If you want to top the damage charts you are better off going pure rage or vengeance.

When you talent force grip, do you still have to pay a gcd when you choke someone? If so, while it's still good, it's not going to let you full ravage w/o them having a chance to pushback, I think running is probably out of the question, but you can get a long ways in 1.5 seconds...

You can't do anything during the first tick because of the animation.

Except for Retaliation, that is.

The actual combination is Choke + Retaliation + Ravage. I've been using this when tanking bosses since December, and since day 1 of Immortal PvP.

I hope this isn't a new revelation :eek:

Also, I haven't tested to see exactly what it is, but Ravage seems to have a larger than 4m hit zone for the third hit. I first noticed this fighting *that cyborg* (no spoilers), and how much reach he had with it. If I had to guess, I would say 6m-8m, but again, I have not officially tested it.

Somone not slowed could run out if they were quick, but being that deep in Immortal, no one around you is unslowed...right?

Riôt

Edited by lordofdamornin

You can't do anything during the first tick because of the animation.

Except for Retaliation, that is.

The actual combination is Choke + Retaliation + Ravage. I've been using this when tanking bosses since December, and since day 1 of Immortal PvP.

I hope this isn't a new revelation :eek:

Also, I haven't tested to see exactly what it is, but Ravage seems to have a larger than 4m hit zone for the third hit. I first noticed this fighting *that cyborg* (no spoilers), and how much reach he had with it. If I had to guess, I would say 6m-8m, but again, I have not officially tested it.

Somone not slowed could run out if they were quick, but being that deep in Immortal, no one around you is unslowed...right?

Riôt

You can also hit people behind you

What I've been rolling with for PvP in Tank Gear and Soresu:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/skills/juggernaut#21j0e2k-211ie22k3-0

I just made Rakata Might Stim and Attack Adrenal and I've been playing with it opposed to Fortitude/Absorb. The DPS is rather nice for being in both tank gear and soresu and the survivabillity is just through the roof with all the defensive abillities the spec gets.