Should have given 30 days to everyone subbed since release

Loxone

My two cents on the topic from another thread. Bioware shouldn't have given this just to 50s. They should have given it to all people who have been playing since launch. Regardless of who is 50 and who isn't.

Having said that I'm inclined to say if you've been playing for 4 months and you don't have a 50 then you clearly have no interest in content at 50. I personally believe they chose the people with 50s because they know that this is the area that this game is going to grow the most (also you know, ranked warzones). The person at 50 contributes more to the community and to the game than the person who isn't 50. The person who isn't 50 isn't a bad person and they should be rewarded for loyalty, but that's just my personal opinion on why they aren't being rewarded. The 50 pushes the game to evolve, the non-50 doesn't.

My response:

I reached 50 during beta. I already knew there wasn't much end-game content so I conciously chose to delay hitting 50 until BioWare had time to patch that content in. In the meantime I've enjoyed playing the classes I didn't try during beta and finding out which race/class combinations I enjoyed most and have happy levelled those to 30+ while waiting for more end-game content to be put into the game rather than racing to 50 for a sparse end-game.

These are the same reasons I didn't rush to 50 in EQ1 when it released... i'd already gotten 40+ during the beta and knew it's end-game would be sparse for the first few months of release.

It's the same reason I have never rushed to 'end game' PVE content in any MMO I have played. There's no point. Every single MMO ever released has had a lack of end-game content at release... it's always taken around 6 months for a decent amount of end-game content to get added to the game after release so there's never been a reason to rush there unless it's purely for PVP. I don't play SWTOR for PVP, for the most part, because I find arena PVP pretty boring and ILUM, which is a good start, isn't very well done for RVR style PVP yet (which is what I really enjoy).

So... should I have bored myself by pushing to 50 already knowing that there would be a lack of content or should I have *gasp* enjoyed the game by playing various classes/races I hadn't tried yet to various levels to find the ones I enjoyed most so that once level 50 content was there I'd be sure to be enjoying it as a class/race that I really enjoyed playing?

No offense but stating that anyone who hasn't reached 50 is just lazy is stupid.

Having said all that I honestly don't care about the 30 days. I totally get EXACTLY why they're giving it to the 50's and it makes perfect sense. But the way they worded the 'rewards' is basically a slap in the face to all other players. That's the problem. Not the gift... the wording.

Edited by TaramCaldar

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the servers have now gone back up, i'm going to play the lovely game some more. If they still let me have my free month, I'll stay and play. If they take away the free month, I'll stay and play. I <3 this ridiculous game. It has flaws and I love it. Partially BECAUSE it has flaws. Perfection is boring. If BioWare was perfect, the game would be boring. PEACE, and again, see those of you who are adult about this In The Game.

If you honestly care about getting a free 30 days then you are not playing the game to enjoy it. You are playing it to complain. Enough said.

I have not considered that, $15 a month and a public place to whine non stop, to say how you are staying awake at night because a nice thing a software company said about another player.

That actually might be a pretty good value for them, something I had not considered anyway.

I bought the 6 month sub and have a lvl 47, 25 and another I just started. I plan on playing a long time and with my schedule CAN'T play every day. I feel INSULTED that they would do this. Its only $14.99 and to me the money wasnt the issue. I might not re-sub after my 6 months is up. Not trying to sound whiney but being in the costumer service industry I know this is a huge screw up. Sounded good on paper but in practise not the best idea and I HOPE they look at this and change it.

I'm definitely not loyal. Just here till Tera comes out, and when that flops I'll go to Secret World, and when that sucks I'll go to Guild Wars 2.

After that, who knows. Perhaps on to WoW to play some Panda action.

Yep ... I have thrown away 15 dollars when resubbing last week and instead of more polished game I got to witnes BW stream of failure in action.

If I am to pay 15 bucks a month, I want quality service ... reading announcements that are frankly insulting my play style; not worth 15 bucks I am afraid. There are f2p games with more competent service than what BW has shown us in the last week.

If you honestly care about getting a free 30 days then you are not playing the game to enjoy it. You are playing it to complain. Enough said.

Um, actually I rarely came to the forums unless I had a crafting question. Being that my friend from work got a free 30 days because he is 50 and I am not, I decided to check the forums why. I'm obviously not a valued customer, even though I bought the game pre release, and am canceling my subscription. Not because of the money... because I'm not down with some company telling me to f off because I never made a level 50. F U, don't tell me how to spend my free time. I made lots of alts and was having fun but I'll be damned if you're going to tell me to f off because I never made a lvl 50. You can hate all you want but I'm out. Peace.

Edited by arbehrends

That's an asinine example. At a store you do more business and spend more money with them than another person they reward you for it as Gamestop does with their PU program. In an MMO you pay the same price as the next person so it makes you no more special than the next person.

It would seem more like those achievements one gets in games today; one must achieve a specific goal to get a specific award. The ones with 50's are getting some free time, as are those that had prior accounts, and like every active acct for today. And then a bunch of folks are getting a virual pet.

Agreed; one Player is no more special than another. The ones achieving 50's are getting some more free time; has nothing to do with them being more special. They are simply valued customers.

It's nice how BioWare listened to all these QQing PVPers to keep them in the game.

By changing class balance to make PVP work as intended.

Then rush out 1.2 to keep them happy. Then give us 1.2a that crashes the game.

Then reward these players by giving them 30 days for their support and loyalty.

Just to keep their most valued players happy. Great job BioWare.

Well in my opinion people who don't have a level 50 (and have had the game for a long enough time to get there) have no one to blame but themselves. For example I havnt been able to group in a long time because every time i try nothing perfect silence I havnt done a heroic of a flashpoint for sometime and I dont care what people say flashpoints and heroics do help level you up. And people who say their casual players or my personal favorite "I have a life" news flash so does everyone else I have a house a car and 2 jobs to make sure i can keep them but i have 2 level 50's so what im saying in my slightly unorganized rant is if you dont put the effort in why should you be rewarded? (and yes i do feel bad for newer people who havnt had a chance to get to 50 yet bioware should do something for them.)

oh and one other thing if you have a character at 48 would it of been so hard to level up 2 times before creating alts--just saying

Excuse me sir, but since when did reaching level cap as FAST as possible become the sole focus of a video game to the point of "having no one to blame but themselves" if they are not lvl 50 at this point, as though we should be punished or something? Last I checked people who play video games do it to have fun and to be entertained, and this can have very different meaning to very different people. In my case, I love going through each class story and trying different choices, different dialogue options, different gender or race. This ALWAYS has been my main interest in Bioware's game since their early games, particulary KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC! But, because of my particular inclination of experimenting the game rather than breezing through it, I'm being denied a reward I think I'm entitled to. I'm being punished because I don't have your playstyle, which is just that, a playstyle - NOT LOYALTY.

Well you sure are unique, suddenly getting rid of an entire account of toons.

I didn't "suddenly" get rid of the account. I got rid of it in the sense that I put it on the backburner. It's still mine if I choose to resubscribe that account. I like the playernames that I came up with. Not only that, but it's only on that account that I have certain rewards for early purchase, etc...hence why I did not want to eradicate it completely.

I do apologize for calling you a donkey, as that really isn't "Jedi-like", but your assumption and insincere sarcasm weren't called for either.

I'm bowing out of this little mini-battle, as it really isn't conducive to the matter at hand.

It tells one class of customer is ONE OF OUR MOST VALUED..... ONE ONE ONE

The other class of valued customers are you.

So you want that Bioware that sends EMAIL spam to EVERYONE WHO IS SUBSCRIBED that ''YOU ARE ONE OF OUR MOST VALUED CUSTOMERS''

Gz this shows signs of childish behaviour... if my brother has lollypop i want to if my mom tells my bro he is good looking i will bang the wall so they notice me and tell me i look good too.

sigh children are hard to please

You are reading/quoting from the edited comments. A point which has been stated many times.

They've edited it at least twice since then. In other words, the "one of" didn't get added until later. Please, if you are going to object at least do it based on fact:)

Um, actually I rarely came to the forums unless I had a crafting question. Being that my friend from work got a free 30 days because he is 50 and I am not, I decided to check the forums why. I'm obviously not a valued customer, even though I bought the game pre release, and am canceling my subscription. Not because of the money... because I'm not down with some company telling me to f off because I never made a level 50. F U, don't tell me how to spend my free time. I made lots of alts and was having fun but I'll be damned if you're going to tell me to f off because I never made a lvl 50. You can hate all you want but I'm out. Peace.

They didn't tell you to F off. You are simply complaining that a friend of yours got the email and you didn't. You have entitlement issues nothing more. I won't miss you. We have enough people with that problem as it is.

Edited by Ghredok

Bottom line is, if you aren't level 50, Bioware doesn't value you as much as those who are.

And Ghreydok, you have font-color-attention-craving issues... so I wouldn't throw stones.

Edited by Shayde

They didn't tell you to F off. You are simply complaining that a friend of your got the email and you didn't. You have entitlement issues nothing more. I won't miss you. We have enough people with that problem as it is.

keep that attitude up and watch the population dwindle

keep that attitude up and watch the population dwindle

Populations always fluctuate. Loyal players will still play the game until it dies. I am entitled to my own opinion about someone overreacting to a situation they have no clear cut understanding of.

Here is exactly what the email says if you DIDN'T get it:

///////////////////////////////////////////////////

You are one of our most active and valued high level players and we know you have been waiting patiently for Game Update 1.2: Legacy. To show our appreciation, check out all the great new features this update has to offer-on us. We will be adding an additional 30 days of game time to your account at no charge*. The free 30 days will appear on your account by April 24, 11:59PM CDT, April 25, 4:59AM GMT.

As an added bonus, we will be awarding all active subscribers an in-game Legacy reward, the Legacy Tauntaun Ram Pet**, as our way of saying thanks for your support. The Tauntaun Ram Pet will be delivered to you via in-game mail by April 24, 2012, 11:59PM CDT/ April 25, 2012, 4:59AM GMT.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////

No where in there does it say players without level 50 toons are inferior. No one ever said that you weren't a valued customer.

Except that you're quoting the edited information. The initial statement has been edited several times--after objections were raised. And therein lies the basis for why you are seeing "not valued" or "not as valued" comments.

Toning down the wording after the fact doesn't negate the fact that it was said in the first place--not to mention that it was adjusted without acknowledgement lol.

IT IS $15, that's it. All the wailing and gnashing of teeth over 15 bucks. I, for one, appreciate what Bioware has put together and am fully enjoying the content and playing my alts. If they deem it appropriate to give the 50's free play time, so be it, good for them.

If they deem that I should receive free play time in the future, awesome, if not, who cares. I' love the SW universe and will continue to support BW for as long as this game holds my interest for my play style. Some of you need to grow up.