Obi-Wan vs Revan

BrandonSM

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except it was Lucas that said the Jedi during the PT were in there prime and attained the highest lightsaber skills ever, with the strongest jedis/siths ever living during the Clone Wars era. Kreias reference(if to be taken seriously :rolleyes:) is talking about the Jedi/Sith during the KOTOR era, which are clearly weaker then alot of other eras.

If your saying Revan beats Obi-wan then your now arguing that Revan is in leagues with Windu and Yoda. Which is absurd.

he said that but it doesnt has add up.

KOTOR 2 you had the exile that mastered all forms. You had a sith lord that was imortal and couldnt ever die if it didnt want to. You also had other sith lord that eat the the life force on planets. Now tell me that dooku or maul were better then those.... :rolleyes:

In SWTOR you had a Sith emperor that could eat all life force in all galaxy... not even palpatine could do that. And was also imortal.

I think george said that during the period of the films it was a golden age for the republic and jedi, meaning it was peace, and jedi were seing a golden age of their order without conflict.

were they more able? then the jedi of the pass? i think is very subjective.

And i dont think they were.

I could see revan in league with windus and yoda, i dont see why not, it was a jedi master, season by war, didnt lack any experience on the matter.

In the end it doenst matter is all fiction, if i chose to belive that revan or the exile, or exar kun, or queldroma and sunrider are better then the characters in the movies, then they are.

All those had skills that honestly put obi wan or windu to shame.

He could have trolled Windu.... but then, that's NOT something you want to do to a Vapaad master....

Meh i always considered vapaad a bit overated, since is basicaly juyo form.

Just because someone mastered all forms, doesn't mean they can't be beat.

yep thats true, also for obi wan, he was master of soresu yet he was beated several times.

Edited by Spartanik

I don't know where people are getting this "Revan was a super agressive fighter" crap from. He wasn't. Revan was a brilliant tactician who lead a movement within the Jedi Order to get them involved in the Mandalorian Wars. And people thinking "Non-Force users are weak" are deluding themselves. Mandalorians have consistently shown being highly capable against Jedi. Read "Fatal Alliance". Dao Stryver was keeping keeping both a Jedi and Sith down. So don't give me that "Non-Force users always lose" bullcrap, because I've seen plenty of Jedi killed by non-force using people. Feck we have HK-47 who was known for assassinating them.

Also, Lucas Never said that PT era Jedi were the best/strongest ever. And this is proven by a mountain of evidence. For one, KotoR era Jedi were incredibly power. One of which, in the "Tales of the Jedi" comics was creating a Force Shield that blocked turbolaser fire from a pirates ship. Show me a PT Era Jedi who did anything remotely close to that. We have Vitiate who created a Permanent Force Storm on Dromund Kaas. We have Naga Sadow who ripped Solar Flares from twin binary stars to destroy Republic Cruisers chasing him. There was even a Jedi who used a Wooden Staff to block Lightsabers, and did so simply by infusing it with the Force. That was Exar Kun's former Jedi Master.

And I love this whole "selective truth" people have with Kreia. Anything she says about Revan is a "Lie", but when she talks about the Ancient Sith as compared to all who came after, it's "The Honest Truth".

And you think mastering One Lightsaber form makes you boss in a fight? Obi-Wan, along with everyone else, still studied the other forms, Soresu was just Obi-Wan's preferred fighting style. It doesn't make him unbeatable, it just means he's got better defenses against melee and blaster fire. When it comes down to Force Abilities he's sorely lacking. And we have seen that Lightsabers can be destroyed by being overloaded with Force Lightning.

I don't know where people are getting this "Revan was a super agressive fighter" crap from. He wasn't. Revan was a brilliant tactician who lead a movement within the Jedi Order to get them involved in the Mandalorian Wars. And people thinking "Non-Force users are weak" are deluding themselves. Mandalorians have consistently shown being highly capable against Jedi. Read "Fatal Alliance". Dao Stryver was keeping keeping both a Jedi and Sith down. So don't give me that "Non-Force users always lose" bullcrap, because I've seen plenty of Jedi killed by non-force using people. Feck we have HK-47 who was known for assassinating them.

Exactly, true.

Even atton was very good at killing jedi.

Edited by Spartanik

Obi-Wan would win. Revan is cool and all, but TOR era Jedi and Sith are weak as **** in comparison to those of the later Republics.

wth are you talking about, nomi sunrider could blind people to the force and was only of the few jedi that could do that. Yoda made his order weak imo, there were alot better jedi in TOR who I believe were stronger in the force.

wth are you talking about, nomi sunrider could blind people to the force and was only of the few jedi that could do that. Yoda made his order weak imo, there were alot better jedi in TOR who I believe were stronger in the force.

Hmmm.....you sure? Cause there are several jedi I can name off the top of my head, that were very powerful jedi in the PT...I don't see how Yoda made his order weaker.

Hmmm.....you sure? Cause there are several jedi I can name off the top of my head, that were very powerful jedi in the PT...I don't see how Yoda made his order weaker.

He did. it was proven in the prequels, and in the OT by luke for instance.

Where is it stated? I'm talking about combat skills/fighting, not everything else just those parts.

yep.

Skills and fighting, juyo for instance was not teached in the jedi order.

Dont get me wrong there was powerfull jedi off course... but the question is in comparisson to the jedi of old? i find hard to belive after reading stuff about the old republic. And playing the kotors.

again is subjective.

yep.

Skills and fighting, juyo for instance was not teached in the jedi order.

Dont get me wrong there was powerfull jedi off course... but the question is in comparisson to the jedi of old? i find hard to belive after reading stuff about the old republic. And playing the kotors.

again is subjective.

Juyo was taught in the jedi order. It was just a controversial thing.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Ofc Revan!

what they both did:

Revan create a legacy!

Obiwan lost his padawan to the sith.

all i have to say :p

Technically, Revan influenced the mind of Lord Vitiate... Obi couldn't even sense sidious' allignement, so there ya have it :p

Technically, Revan influenced the mind of Lord Vitiate... Obi couldn't even sense sidious' allignement, so there ya have it :p

You seem to forget that Vitiate whooped Revan's butt and kept Revan as his personal slave for over 300 years, you also forget that Sidious is the most powerful sith lord to ever exist.

Also, Lucas Never said that PT era Jedi were the best/strongest ever. And this is proven by a mountain of evidence. For one, KotoR era Jedi were incredibly power. One of which, in the "Tales of the Jedi" comics was creating a Force Shield that blocked turbolaser fire from a pirates ship. Show me a PT Era Jedi who did anything remotely close to that. We have Vitiate who created a Permanent Force Storm on Dromund Kaas. We have Naga Sadow who ripped Solar Flares from twin binary stars to destroy Republic Cruisers chasing him. There was even a Jedi who used a Wooden Staff to block Lightsabers, and did so simply by infusing it with the Force. That was Exar Kun's former Jedi Master.

And I love this whole "selective truth" people have with Kreia. Anything she says about Revan is a "Lie", but when she talks about the Ancient Sith as compared to all who came after, it's "The Honest Truth".

And you think mastering One Lightsaber form makes you boss in a fight? Obi-Wan, along with everyone else, still studied the other forms, Soresu was just Obi-Wan's preferred fighting style. It doesn't make him unbeatable, it just means he's got better defenses against melee and blaster fire. When it comes down to Force Abilities he's sorely lacking. And we have seen that Lightsabers can be destroyed by being overloaded with Force Lightning.

This....

Lucas did actually say that. And if I'm not mistaken, the video from Kotor 1 shows Revan in a juyo posture - that's the single most aggressive form of lightsaber combat.

Also go check up on Jorus C'baoth - he did some pretty amazing stuff with the force (jedi mind meld or whatever it was called). Anakin collapsed a building by shouting at Dooku. If you count Luke (technically not PT, but close enough) you get even more power - as he learned to use the force well enough to beat Vader in less time than any jedi ever. He did things as a jedi that no one else had ever done. He copied his fathers lightsaber form on the fly and physically overpowered Vader. Vader was stronger after he was injured than before (physically). Obi-wan bent grevious arm (episode 3 book). Anakin easily overpowered him (ep 3 book). He was stronger than that once he gained his suit. Luke caught Vader's overhand strike in the end of their duel and pushed him back while at a mechanical disadvantage. The jedi of that era were pretty amazing. Luke also got blown up while landing his ship and survived well enough to fight decently after. He controlled every function on the Falcon more effectively than an entire well trained crew could. Then go look at Galen Marek - he pulled a star destroyer from space and crashed it. The jedi from the kotor era are strong - but they're not the jedi from the PT era (and Luke).

Lucas did actually say that. And if I'm not mistaken, the video from Kotor 1 shows Revan in a juyo posture - that's the single most aggressive form of lightsaber combat.

He did right here.

"I was looking for a kind of sword fighting, that was reminiscing of what was in the movies that we already done. But a more energized version of it, because we actually never seen a real jedi at work, we only seen old men, crippled half droid half man, and young boys that learn from these people. So to see a jedi fighting in the prime of the jedi, I wanted to be a much more energetic and faster version of it"- George Lucas.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Revan - just like with Dooku he probably wouldn't be able to overwhelm Obi-wan in lightsaber combat (ep3), but just like Dooku, he'd beat Obi-wan with the force.

You reversed it.

Obi-wan beats most in Lightsaber Combat, being the Best Practicioner of Soersu is quite impessive, as for Revan its hard to tell there is no confirmed facts on his lightsaber forms and such. But I'd say Obi-wan beats him in saber Skills.

And honestly his Force Ability is pretty tremendous as well. Having the strongest Force Push of the Jedi Order during the golden age? I'd say thats impressive, and the only one seen to match it was the Chosen One.

*Sorry I haven't been reading the thread, this may ahve already been posted.*

You seem to forget that Vitiate whooped Revan's butt and kept Revan as his personal slave for over 300 years, you also forget that Sidious is the most powerful sith lord to ever exist.

Again, in my opinion he wasn't. And Don't assume; I haven't forgotten anything. I just stated that Revan was still influencing Vitiate's mind.

Edited by Castiel