Another Downtime tonight 13 April ***

Strifegambit

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Youre really going to moan that they are taking the servers down to fix a few bugs that slipped through the net?

Seriously, ****.

I bet youre one of the people that have cried about "This bug and that bug" and when they do this to sort them out you still moan.

OMG, no!

I am stuck 'repairing' 66 files. Began this morning ~7:30 and 12 hours later it's maybe 2/3 finished.

So now they're going to shut off the servers right before it completes and I'll have start to start the whole process over again tomorrow (since past experience seems to show that it doesn't remember/retain it's progress if you stop and then restart it)?!!

I'll try pausing it before I go to work, I guess, and hope that works. (And, if it does, that means another few hours in the morning to finish the repair. <grr>)

Edited by tausser

The day after 1.2 is out and another 4 hour downtime is coming in, we are currently paying to never have access to a game, due to maintenance every 2nd day.

I understand things need to get fixed but this is just unacceptable.

Are you really suprised? Based upon launch anyone could come to the reasonable conclusion that this patch will need patching, it will probably need it at least 5-6 times.

Edited by Tuscad

The day after 1.2 is out and another 4 hour downtime is coming in, we are currently paying to never have access to a game, due to maintenance every 2nd day.

MMOs are infinitely complicated messes of code.

There will be patching after all major releases.

STOP COMPLAINING about real life.

But why on a Friday night, 5PM to 9 PM local time is not a good way to maintain a happy customer base?

Please change your major patch night from Thursday so the Oceanic timezone don't also lose Friday night primetime as well with Emergency patches. Patching content on a Tuesday so we lose the occassional Wednesday I can live with.

But why on a Friday night, 5PM to 9 PM local time is not a good way to maintain a happy customer base?

Please change your major patch night from Thursday so the Oceanic timezone don't also lose Friday night primetime as well with Emergency patches. Patching content on a Tuesday so we lose the occassional Wednesday I can live with.

Exactly

The other 20 hours it will be up.

Not all of us sit at home all day and can play like that, i work have a family & other commitments, seems like every time i jump on to play servers are down AGAIN.

Just infuriating, can BW get nothing right

Oh, would you rather play in a voidstar match that is completely broken and runs off mystery-timers?

Or do you not want to recieve credits for completing battlegrounds?

:rolleyes:

They just dropped a major patch, there are kinks. This has happened after every major patch in the last 10 years of MMOs.

Edited by DaxCloudchaser

so...every second day...

so there has been maintenance jan 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th, 11, 13, 15, 17, 19, 21, 23, 24

then in feb 2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th... etc?

I think you are blowing it way out of proportion. Maintenance really hasn't been that harsh..and for a game this size with this much content, you have to understand. Things NEED to be patched.

If we were paying for a game that we couldn't play. You wouldn't be able to play it 98 percent of the time. Because servers are up according to numerous sites 98 to 99 percent of the time overall.

Stop being so quick to the whining :(

Of course its not every second day on the calendar but thats the way it feels due to alot of players probably not able to play every day either so when it does come to weekends and the odd occasional night, especially for us Aussie players it destroys our primetime

First post here as I'm a newb. . . so hello to all

Now how many thought about the day and date?

Friday, 13 2012.

I am in no way superstitious, but I think it's funny how people get worked up over numbers.

Thought I would through that bit o info in and see where this thread goes now. . . cheers!

Xendoshi.

oh god....this means i have to leave my parents basement so my mom can wash my sheets.

um......

yeah......

THIS IS A MAJOR PATCH!........every second day....can i please have some paint your sniffing, it sounds fun..

Go get sunlight!

so... there's one update (to fix some problems that a lot of people are complaining about) that is right after a patch, and suddenly... it's EVERY OTHER DAY!!!!!

Way to jump to conclusions.

I'm normally not one to complain about things like this.. But it does seem quite often, and the downtime is usually particularly long.

hey look, more crying and moaning about downtime. It never ends folks. As for the ones complaining, stop and think before you type.

Or would you rather the game remain up with game-breaking bugs or exploits? Either way, the same lot of you people are gonna come here and complain and whine anyways, so I guess it doesn't matter.

Way to look a gift horse in the mouth. I'm rather glad I don't know you in real life.

I'm going to moan because the 2 best days i've had to play this week are the 2 down days..... but on the same note i'd rather not have a broken game. BF3 tonight it is!!

Am I the only one who sees the hilarious irony in this post?

so... there's one update (to fix some problems that a lot of people are complaining about) that is right after a patch, and suddenly... it's EVERY OTHER DAY!!!!!

Way to jump to conclusions.

Maybe he used a 'Jump To Conclusions" mat.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.