Down time again???

Starcheif

hello first off id like to say that the patch that came the 12th 1.2 is awsome but now again there another maintence the 13th and believe thats theres another on the tuesday wich there ALMOST allways is... so i ask why, oh why is there 2 day in a row and not 1 of them are patch day, why not simply wait with the 13th maintence til tuesday that means that in under 1 week there will be 3 downtimes where i lose gametime!! 1 i understand but 3 thats bull**** and they know it so i ask the community will you really let them think that this is okay... let your oppinion be heard on this thread

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so happy they're fixing the issues asap.

Yeah Bioware noticed some issues and glitches that were introduced or not fixed in 1.2 and have decided to take immediate action so that we have a night of complaining rather than a week of people crying about the things.

YAY!!!

They have really hit the nail on the head this time. Peak hours Friday night downtime! Woo Hoo!!! 2 nights in a row. Cool, so I only get 4 days of playtime this week...

and why oh why is only MY SERVER that is down tonight!!!

Seriously W T F B W?

Edited by DarfBaztard

hello first off id like to say that the patch that came the 12th 1.2 is awsome but now again there another maintence the 13th and believe thats theres another on the tuesday wich there ALMOST allways is... so i ask why, oh why is there 2 day in a row and not 1 of them are patch day, why not simply wait with the 13th maintence til tuesday that means that in under 1 week there will be 3 downtimes where i lose gametime!! 1 i understand but 3 thats bull**** and they know it so i ask the community will you really let them think that this is okay... let your oppinion be heard on this thread

Downtime = things being fixed. things being fixed = a good thing.

Until there comes a day when someone develops THE perfect game that runs perfectly and gives everyone everything they ever wanted in a video game and servers that run perfectly 100% of the time and software that is perfect in every sense of the word 100% of the time..

downtime is going to be a reality.

a few hours here and a few hours there are frustrating but certainly not a life altering experience. I dare say most of us have multiple other things to keep ourselves occupied for a few hours + there really is no good time to shut down the servers anyways since its going to affect one group or another more. So like a bandaid its better to just get it done and over with.

i love people who whine and cry like little babies about someone fixing stuff lol.

its a damned if they do and damned if they dont scenario..

they dont fix things fast enough..people rage..they fix things and have to take servers down , people rage..

Edited by CrazyCanukk

This is the only game i know of that needs 8 hours to apply a new update and 4 hours for patches. i meen come on, how hard is it to make the changes and copy the files over.

there is nothing stopping them making changes to codes or files externaly and copying them to live server when done

Edited by xrndmx

It's an MMO, get used too it. MMO's has always been like this, and I'm pretty sure it will keep that way for quite some time.

And believe me, if it wasnt like this, all the people complaining about downtime would complain about lack of speed in fixing bugs.

Edited by SveNnes

i didnt get 30 days my highest character is lvl 25, i dont play much due to work and college, maybe 3 - 4 hours per week and made a couple of characters on different worlds to see which i enjoyed the most. The world i am currently on is dead so im strugling to even attempt heroic quests, but i cant be bovered to join another as it meens leveling again.

So i have no lvl 50s, so i dont get 30 days free, so im entitled to moan about downtime which affects the total play time of my subscription (which is limited as it is).

Edited by xrndmx

This is the only game i know of that needs 8 hours to apply a new update and 4 hours for patches. i meen come on, how hard is it to make the changes and copy the files over.

there is nothing stopping them making changes to codes or files externaly and copying them to live server when done

Did you not play WOW? On major patch days you could expect 8hrs at the very least. And then you may not get a patch to fix the game till the following tuesday. Kudos to Bioware. I'll take an 8hr major content patch and 4hr fix patch time any day over the bull sh*t blizzard pulls.

Every major patch in every mmo, especially new mmo's have multiple downtimes and restarts to make sure everything is working properly over the week or so following that patch dropping. It's just how it works. These things need to be checked, rechecked and bug fixed. Content doesn't just magically appear in perfect working order. It has to be implemented, then checked for issues, then those issues need to be fixed. :rolleyes: Edited by noctoi

Did you not play WOW? On major patch days you could expect 8hrs at the very least. And then you may not get a patch to fix the game till the following tuesday. Kudos to Bioware. I'll take an 8hr major content patch and 4hr fix patch time any day over the bull sh*t blizzard pulls.

as far as i remembered WoW never did an emergency maintenance on peek hrs on fridays unless im mistaken?

Actually, TBH, almost every time I've played this week the server has been down, or is getting ready to go down...LOL! Welcome to MY world! :D

I appreciate that BW is trying to get on top of some things...and yet on others, they completely miss the ball. Case in point: A few nights ago I was trying to do a smuggler quest on Nar Shadda, and there is a glitch where you cannot go through the doorway to get to the necessary area. The doorway is red, not green. This has been an issue apparently since the RELEASE of the game, numerous people have complained, and yet as of a few days ago, it still hasn't been fixed.

Thank goodness I searched the forums and found that there's a very easy way around it - but why should we have to do that?

Hopefully, they'll get items like that, which aren't as important as other things, ironed out eventually.

as far as i remembered WoW never did an emergency maintenance on peek hrs on fridays unless im mistaken?

Oh they most certainly did. And right in the middle of festivals, and on public holidays, and anytime their content needed bugfixing or patching.

Or, they would leave the game crashy and unplayable for a week thus wasting a full week of paid game time with not word whatsoever except "patch on blah date, servers down for minimum 4 hours" which might mean anything from 15 mins to in a couple of memorable cases 24 hours straight.

It's not that hard to figure out... Bioware worked for ages on 1.2 but as with any huge update (and this was changing half the game) there are bound to be small kinks in the system.

Think about it- the advertisements for SWTOR began YEARS ago, meaning that Bioware was already working on it. When it came out it wasn't flawless so they deployed maintenance patches.

When 1.2 came out it was the same story... so now theyre fixing it. I'm really glad they are too because some of these glitches were highly annoying (such as when I first logged on after the patch downloaded, my toon had NO animations for ANY action. I literally scooted across the floor instead of walking.)