Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Let us Salute our DPS Overlords

Audenlol

Hi!

I play a marauder.

I was one of those unlucky guys that hit bm late but maybe got 2-3 peices of gear.

Lets fast foward to today.

I am sitting at 850 expertise.

As anni, I chew thru people 10x faster than the day before 1.2. In the same regards, I die 10x faster than before 1.2.

Healers? They cant out heal 2dps (barely outheal 1dps) and certainly cannot heal well when a dps is on them. (and ps, without some crafty kiting, they die fast too).

Right now, pvp feels more like an Arcade shooter rather than an mmo.

Hi!

I play a marauder.

I was one of those unlucky guys that hit bm late but maybe got 2-3 peices of gear.

Lets fast foward to today.

I am sitting at 850 expertise.

As anni, I chew thru people 10x faster than the day before 1.2. In the same regards, I die 10x faster than before 1.2.

Healers? They cant out heal 2dps (barely outheal 1dps) and certainly cannot heal well when a dps is on them. (and ps, without some crafty kiting, they die fast too).

Right now, pvp feels more like an Arcade shooter rather than an mmo.

A healer isn't supposed to be invincible. That's not how it works.

How in the world would it be remotely balanced if they could outheal 2 dps.

Edited by Arkerus

From what i've noticed.

Bounty Hunters/Operatives/Scoundrels/Trooper are doing "ABOUT" the same damage as in 1.2 (besides the class nerfs.)

They all do Tech Damage.

Force Users seem to be doing more, Snipers and Gunslingers / Marauders and Sentinels / Assassins and Shadows are HITTING like trucks.

I agree however anyone with at least two ways to interrupt a cast on relatively short cooldowns can now lockdown at least a sage/sorc healer because our bread and butter heal was nerfed to **** and back and our shortest heal is now a piece of crap 1.7k non crit heal at 1.5 second cast

Well, if between the two of them they could muster half a dozen working brain cells, maybe they could use interrupts and CCs?

They could if they where left freecasting. This is taking into account the person they are healing is using defensive cooldowns/kiting ect..

Post 1.2 2 dps on you even with a healer freecasting.. no chance vanish if you got it or try to get the hell out of there.

Healers drop quick now. But damage has to be bugged out somehow.

Reminds me of that WoW patch that made Arcane mages absoutley nuts.

Ya know, we agree. But what we have is a little too much. There's big gap between invincible and tissue paper.

But damage has to be bugged out somehow.

Reminds me of that WoW patch that made Arcane mages absoutley nuts.

I will be so happy if this is a bug. I will even resub if kill-times are turned to reasonable lengths. And i may even re-sub, which currently has about a week remaining.

Edited by Sowwy

Well, if between the two of them they could muster half a dozen working brain cells, maybe they could use interrupts and CCs?

Oh thats right, all healers are ultra savvy, smart, super intelligent people. I forgot.

ROLLEYES.

Oh thats right, all healers are ultra savvy, smart, super intelligent people. I forgot.

You dam straight I am, with me there is always a chance for success in a Warzone with my healing.

If there was 2 of me it would be GG. :)

Edited by Caeliux

ROLLEYES.

Did I say that all healers are super-intelligent?

No?

Nice straw man.

I'm saying it takes not being a complete idiot to kill one.

If you just stand there spamming damage moves over and over without using any of the other tools at your disposal, you have only yourself to blame.

Sick and tired of people thinking "HULK SMASH" should be the pinnacle of strategic gameplay.

Consider yourself lucky. They nerfed sorcerers to the ground. My force lightning is hitting for 240-350 a tick which I have to use to unlock my lightning strike which does a whapping 1-2K. Melee classes are doing that every second. So my DPS is about 1/3rd a melee classes as of 1.2... Guess they really wanted sorcs to be healers.

From what i've noticed.

Bounty Hunters/Operatives/Scoundrels/Trooper are doing "ABOUT" the same damage as in 1.2 (besides the class nerfs.)

They all do Tech Damage.

Force Users seem to be doing more, Snipers and Gunslingers / Marauders and Sentinels / Assassins and Shadows are HITTING like trucks.

I just got hit by a BH for 6800 damage....

On the chart it only *cough* showed highest hit at 6300.

That's the only way it can be balanced. Without that, the "balance" for healers is the lack thereof in WZ. Which is becoming the case.

You plainly don't play a healer. If healers can't tank, they won't heal any more because they are less than useless. They are merely soon-dead speedbumps.

I know of 2 sages (and mine) that have respec'ed dps because healing is atrocious. In addition to cancelling. Seven days on sub now.

You are all on drugs if you think healers are unkillable now. Operative healers are now the best in the game, then mercs and sorcs are somewhere on the bottom..easily killed and easily interrupted (sorcs).

Bioware caved to massive forum qq over sorcs being op, because some ppl spam force lightning..remove that spell from the game period, no one will care. Just make us VIABLE.

Ok, I'm still not clear on why or how damage supposedly increased with 1.2?

Afaik:

-Most classes received damage nerfs, only very few came away with a DPS buff.

-Notorious burst specs like Rage/Focus and Powertechs/Vanguards had their burst abilities nerfed.

-PvE gear was pretty much rendered useless for PvP, so everyone should be wearing PvP gear. This also means a lot of previous gear-optimization went down the drain.

-Expertise change was merely a mathematical correction to avert scaling issues and should impact PvP survivability in any way.

-There seem to have been some minor alterations to stat-DRs but nothing to write home about.

Expect for the healer nerfs, I see no reason why PvP should suddenly be burstier than before. In fact, the opposite should be true unless people on the receiving end are still wearing some PvE gear.

Afaik:

-Notorious burst specs like Rage/Focus and Powertechs/Vanguards had their burst abilities nerfed.

-PvE gear was pretty much rendered useless for PvP, so everyone should be wearing PvP gear. This also means a lot of previous gear-optimization went down the drain.

-Expertise change was merely a mathematical correction to avert scaling issues and should impact PvP survivability in any way.

-There seem to have been some minor alterations to stat-DRs but nothing to write home about.

Expect for the healer nerfs, I see no reason why PvP should suddenly be burstier than before. In fact, the opposite should be true unless people on the receiving end are still wearing some PvE gear.

You have neither a raged specced mara or a pyro ptech. If you did, you wouldnt have made this post.

Afaik:

Have you looked at the PvP tab of your character sheet today?

Damage vs. Mitigation vs. healing numbers on Expertise were changed.

The diminishing returns cap on Expertise was raised significantly.

Damage vs. Mitigation vs. healing numbers on Expertise were changed.

The diminishing returns cap on Expertise was raised significantly.

This. To further clarify, the reason damage seems out of control is that it is scaling better than both mitigation and healing done (and far outstrips the latter) due to the new formula.

So the title of the post is more or less correct at the highest levels of gear.

God help you if you're a new player with low expertise today.

I was back up to pre-surge nerf crit numbers on the poor newbies. Was just silly.

Edited by Lina_Inverse

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.