Chiss force sensitive? sith pureblood on the republic?

cowmonster

Lord Praven may have been kind of an honorable Sith Warrior but he also seemed comically oblivious to everyone around him.

OK so he's been lead to believe that the Jedi are obsessed with revenge against the Sith. That's one thing. He says "Your lust for revenge will destroy this galaxy" which means he recognizes such an obsession would be destructive and undesirable.

He was also in the same conversation when his own master said:

"I will inflict unimaginable suffering on your people. Millions will die because of you. My son's death will be avenged on the entire Republic."

That said, if he does defect he does have a believable reason.

Edited by OldVengeance

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm way to lazy to read through 6 pages of people complaining about sith purebloods in the republic. There is a lot of reasons for purebloods and chiss to be republic.

1. War orphans - The war that preceded SWTOR lasted what, 30 years? who's to say that during this time a conquered sith world didn't adopt sith children into republic care.

2. Defection - Who's to say the chiss or purebloods simply didn't sell out the empire and defected. the Trooper storyline deals with HAVOC squad defecting to the imperial side, who's to say some sith lords or chiss members didn't do the same.

3. There is Sith Purebloods in Jedi Lore. - The jedi home world of Tython was NOT a human world where the force or even the jedi started.

Countless thousands of years ago, massive automated ships, some believe to have been created by beings incredibly advanced, scoured the galaxy and abducted force sensitive beings from many, many worlds. Korriban being one of them.

These force sensitives were all taken back to tython where they built a force based society.

Master Miarta Sek, a SITH PUREBLOOD oversaw one of the nine jedi academies on tyhon before the force wars.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Miarta_Sek

Who's to say that a small group of sith from the First Migration are not still around?

as for the chiss, while rare, there ARE Chiss jedi - Kung'urama'nuruodo for instance

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kung'urama'nuruodo

Since Chiss are isolationist, it makes sense that there'd be few jedi Chiss, but it's by no means unheard of for one to cross the line and train. They'd very likely be faced with never having the chance to return back to Chiss space, but the life of a jedi isn't exactly an easy one.

I can't believe he approved that timeline.

The way I see it, its a game. More options to play the way you want? Great! It didn't really make sense that you could be a Sith Pure Blood slave (sorcerer) to begin with, did it?

Don't want to make a Chiss Jedi? Don't. Or, well, its another empire that the Sith subjugated. Maybe some of the Chiss defected, like some did on Hoth?

Maybe that Sith Pure Blood was captured by the Jedi and turned to their ways?

He did. Nothing related to Star Wars gets by without his say so.

Hell, it probably took months of coaxing for SWTOR to get Oteg, especially after we got Vandar and he ended up dead (Thanks Obsidian).

Brace yourself.

For the blind Miraluka snipers and pureblood Sith troopers are coming.

Like to explain this: Miraluka see via the Force.

Remember Perfect Dark had that alien sniper rifle that could look through walls?

Remember how everything looked when you looked through the scope and there were orange walls and red silhouettes and junk?

Same deal.

Despite some people saying, Chiss can and were force sensitive :

Some reports indicated that there were no Chiss Jedi and it was not known whether there was a Force-tradition within Chiss society.[1] However, this did not appear to be the case as there were at least two[18] known Force users amongst the Chiss.[21]

Source : http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chiss

There's another factor at work here, which I don't think many people are considering:

Aside from people unlocking races through vast amounts of wealth, most people are unlocking them by having a level 50 of that race. I think most people that level a character all the way up will be looking for their next character to be pretty different, and won't particularly want to be stuck with the exact same race a second time.

I was on Ord Mantell with a new character yesterday straight after the patch hit, and you know how many characters with unlocked species I saw?

One. Me.

Yeah i made a chiss trooper and i was only one with an unlocked species, and also why i was on the fleet the only other one i saw was a sith pureblood Consular, who was coincidently who i grouped up with

Master Miarta Sek, a SITH PUREBLOOD oversaw one of the nine jedi academies on tyhon before the force wars.

I agree with your point, but it should be noted that currently in Dawn of the Jedi, the Jedi Order does not exist. Master Sek is a master of a Je'daii academy on Tython. The actual formation of the Jedi Order as a Light-side-embracing evolution of the Je'daii will come later, after the Force Wars.

So, as of now, there are no pureblood Jedi apart from Praven. When I got Scourge on my JK, I seem to remember him saying that he was not joining the Republic. He was traveling with the Knight because he believed it was his destiny to do so and oppose the Emperor. Once the Emperor is dealt with, he probably expects to return to the Empire, or he might remain in exile. The point is that he is an Imperial at heart, and he hasn't really defected, so much as begun a prolonged joint operation with the knight.

That said, there's no reason why any of these species can't work as any class. How about just having a pureblood born in the Republic? The previous war lasted a long time, and planets all over changed hands. How hard would it have been for any number of purebloods to defect in that time and start families in the Republic?

Perhaps there are Chiss that actually succeed in defecting, unlike the Chiss on Hoth. My Chiss agent hates the Sith, but she works inside the system to serve the Empire. Why couldn't other Sith-hating Chiss request political asylum and then serve in a military role in the Republic?

Any species-class combination can be justified without reaching. All it takes is about five seconds of thought to make it work.

Hrmm......ya so....the lore.....why are you destroying it?.....it is known that the chiss are not force sensitive and i see no reason for a pureblood to be a good doer and join the republic and fight the empire...ya.......this is worse then a hutt jedi...
swtor itself destroyed "the lore" so ya..

i see no reason for a pureblood to be a good doer and join the republic and fight the empire...ya.......this is worse then a hutt jedi...

I have convinced many imps to defect to republic side, including sith purebloods during my class quest, so being able to play sith on the republic makes perfect sense.

Just because they are born sith, doesn't mean they have to stick to evil racist jerk side (and yeah imps discriminate all non-humans, so republic in theory would be an even better place for purebloods than the empire)...

What does a person's skin color have to do with their profession?

That's racist.

And also, the history of the Old Republic conflicts were lost to the sands of time. How do you know that Chiss were not Force sensitive or that children of Sith chose to serve the Republic?

Are you George Lucas? Because if so, I have a bone to pick with you about Howard the Duck.

They's tryin' to keep the brotha Chiss down, homie! :p But we SHALL rise to the challenge!

Then it ain't a miralukan sniper, it's a blind guy/gal totally bad a** head shotting you from 30-35 meters away while holding the gun with one hand XD (I vote that, I want a one handed shot from a miralukan sniper)

For sheer epicness.... Miraluka Gunslinger. :D

Members part of a sentient species don't necessarily have to be evil, you know. I always liked playing the outsider in a roleplaying game, the 'unlikely hero', so to speak.

This is like saying that all drow from DnD have to be evil because most of them are. You still have the option of playing a good drow, if you like.

Also, just because Sith Pureblood were part of the Empire before patch 1.2, doesn't mean they were all evil. Player choice could already enable Pureblood players to play a 'good Sith'. if they wanted, so it'd make more sense to complain when you first heard about Sith Purebloods going light side at all.

I'm way to lazy to read through 6 pages of people complaining about sith purebloods in the republic. There is a lot of reasons for purebloods and chiss to be republic.

1. War orphans - The war that preceded SWTOR lasted what, 30 years? who's to say that during this time a conquered sith world didn't adopt sith children into republic care.

2. Defection - Who's to say the chiss or purebloods simply didn't sell out the empire and defected. the Trooper storyline deals with HAVOC squad defecting to the imperial side, who's to say some sith lords or chiss members didn't do the same.

3. There is Sith Purebloods in Jedi Lore. - The jedi home world of Tython was NOT a human world where the force or even the jedi started.

Countless thousands of years ago, massive automated ships, some believe to have been created by beings incredibly advanced, scoured the galaxy and abducted force sensitive beings from many, many worlds. Korriban being one of them.

These force sensitives were all taken back to tython where they built a force based society.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Miarta_Sek

Who's to say that a small group of sith from the First Migration are not still around?

as for the chiss, while rare, there ARE Chiss jedi - Kung'urama'nuruodo for instance

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kung'urama'nuruodo

Since Chiss are isolationist, it makes sense that there'd be few jedi Chiss, but it's by no means unheard of for one to cross the line and train. They'd very likely be faced with never having the chance to return back to Chiss space, but the life of a jedi isn't exactly an easy one.

IDK if that proves they were 'good', the force using fish people from the infinite empire were slavers and afaik they blame their own hubris, misuse of the force, etc. for their failure.

I am curious who started the rumor that chiss cant be force sensitive, and why are people so quick to believe what they hear from non-credible sources? Edited by Zilrota
removed for inappropriate content.

I am curious who started the rumor that chiss cant be force sensitive, and why are people so quick to believe what they hear from non-credible sources?

It's probably because of the rarity of Chiss Force sensitives that most people think there were none. Like most opinions that are portrayed as fact on the internet, little to no research was done to support their opinion.

Edited by Zilrota
edited quote

It's probably because of the rarity of Chiss Force sensitives that most people think there were none. Like most opinions that are portrayed as fact on the internet, little to no research was done to support their opinion.

All force sensitives are rare if you want to be a lore freak, mowing through ranked lines of hundred of jedi and sith on every planet is lore breaking. They wanted to make a game based on star wars, it wouldnt have been fun it only.0001% of people could even potentially use the force let alone be powerful in it, and it would not be fun for anyone who was force sensitive to have an extreme advantage over anyone who wasnt.

Yes, chiss force sensitives are rare, but I hypothesize that is because chiss are rare, there is what, a million humans for every chiss in the galaxy if not more, the fact there have been any notable force sensitive chiss means they are not as exceedingly rare as people think they are.

This is why i rolled a Sith Pureblood Consular. She is only lvl 5 and i have had numerous people nerd rage to me in GenChat about it. it makes me happy:D

My Chiss Knight is coming soon. can't wait:p

For sheer epicness.... Miraluka Gunslinger. :D

This is the awesomest(yes, i said awesomest:p), may i use it please.......:o

This is why i rolled a Sith Pureblood Consular. She is only lvl 5 and i have had numerous people nerd rage to me in GenChat about it. it makes me happy:D

My Chiss Knight is coming soon. can't wait:p

This is the awesomest(yes, i said awesomest:p), may i use it please.......:o

But of course! Btw, you should see the funny looks people give my Pureblood Vanguard. :p

I also have made a Chiss Consular, but haven't played him much yet. Been working on the new Tatooine dailies with my 50s. Did it once with my Juggernaut, now doing it with my Sniper. Next up will be my Guardian, then my Assassin. Going to make some bankroll on those DNA samples. xD

Edited by Captain_Zone

Hrmm......ya so....the lore.....why are you destroying it?.....it is known that the chiss are not force sensitive and i see no reason for a pureblood to be a good doer and join the republic and fight the empire...ya.......this is worse then a hutt jedi...

Chiss Dark Jedi: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sev%27rance_Tann

Hutt Jedi: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Beldorion

I want to add that Beldorion used the Force to keep himself from turning fat like other Hutts. He was all muscle, very fast, and that would make for a very frightening Jedi to have to go against.

Edited by Bluerodian