Celebrate Game Update 1.2: Legacy

AlysonBridge

Yeah, I got the tauntaun on the 24th part. Wasn't shure about the gametime. I edited my post. Thanks.

Still a cool gesture. Except for those who don't rush one char to 50 before starting the next. ;)

Maybe a "you need a total of 75 Levels on all your characters OR one level 50 to get this" would have been nice for those who just enjoy the different stories at the same time. *g* Good thing I got my level 50 char(s). *g*

Edited by chillshock

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They free month should have been a free week, and it should have been for all active members, you know like another company has done in the past, a company by the name of Blizzard or Trion. It would have made everyone happy! But I think EA feeds off trolls and disappointment. They somehow harness their energy from it. :p

So how do i get my pet and free 30days?

Read the email:

End of first paragraph:

The free 30 days will appear on your account by April 24, 11:59PM CDT, April 25, 4:59AM GMT.

End of second paragraph:

The Tauntaun Ram Pet will be delivered to you via in-game mail by April 24, 2012, 11:59PM CDT/ April 25, 2012, 4:59AM GMT.

Erm?

This isnt a thread about 30 days game time ? This thread is about legacy?

Well, the 30 days and the Tauntaun pet are part of the "Celebrate Game Update 1.2: Legacy" news article. As this is the discussion thread for that article I guess people are absolutely right on discussing this topic here.

Oh everyone gets WHY theyre doing it...

but the way theyre presenting it, those customers are more valued than us...

THATS whats causing the outrage.

I suppose my best response would be 'Don't look a gift horse in the mouth'. They don't have to give anyone anything.

Congratz with the 1.2 update Bioware ! :) cant wait until 1.3 :)

I hope i soon will recive my titles for completing chapter 1 on the Public test Server :)

Any Clues regarding the unusual egg ? :)

It has been some very exciting 4 months.I have made a guild and its growing on just 4 days

The Legion of the Damned has got 108 members.

Greetings and best whishes for the future from

Beta preplay since 10 December 2011 Tinyman L 50 Commando / Myron L 50 Powertech

Discriminating reward system. Illegal in some countries, but apparently not in whatever country BW is based out of.

Wait...what? How so? Where?

I'm a "Founder" and have remained subscribed since I bought the game on December 31st, but because I've had to change servers due to population changes, and because I like to level up multiple characters simultaneously, I am judged as being not worthy of a free month's subscription.

Whoever came up with this criteria needs to not work for BioWare anymore. I can't even see why the level 50 requirement is there. Shouldn't this gift be to all the "loyal" players who's stood with BioWare since launch? If so, remove the level 50 requirement and give the free month to everyone entitled to the "Founder" title.

Or just give everyone 30 days and instantly become the most popular company on Earth for a month.

Not sure that a free month is necessary. They could easily do something else, some fluff thing or title etc. that would not cost them nearly the amount of money a free month for all would. In fact, the free month for 50s (cynic mode) tells me that there aren't that many and that the bulk of players are NOT lvl. 50.

Soooo how does this work? I use a paypal subscription (and yes, I have a level 50). Nothing in my account says anything about 30 days free and I haven't received an e-mail. My sub runs out the 18th... does this mean that I actually have to renew my sub and THEN get 30 days free?

"You have 4 days of play time remaining. When your play time runs out, you will be billed automatically." derp.

Edited by Mrs_Murder

Yes, absolutely!

ive been here since the start, but i dont have a lvl 50 character yet (highest is lvl 45) but thats ok! i dont deserve to get those 30 days anyway, im not a "valued customer".

but yaaay on bioware for giving away free time to all their valued customers that have reached lvl 50 (wether theyve been here from the start or if they just joined two weeks ago and spacebar-rushed all the way to 50 doesnt matter, theyre still more valued than me).

I see posts like this, but I don't see any solutions to the problem, just more vapid complaining.

How would you expect them to do it? Via Founders titles? Well that cuts out another chunk of players. By account registration date? Well that cuts out another chunk of players. No matter which way they do this, not everyone will get the reward.

Maybe, just maybe, Bioware has (and here comes the shocker) statistical data about how many level 50's there are. They then decided that the best way to reward the largest (or smallest, for the cynics and conspiracy theorists who plague the forums) section of the player base was to give the rewards based on level 50's. Frankly, I don't see the rewards for any other suggestion as being 'more' for anyone, and in fact being worse overall.

Edited by Lashknife

Its nice of bioware to give lvl 50 players a free month but ive been a loyalvsubcriber since beta and have a lvl 44 and lvl 32. But since i didnt grind to lvl 50 cause i work a full time job i get no love. Give an in game reward or free month too.

Read the email:

End of first paragraph:

The free 30 days will appear on your account by April 24, 11:59PM CDT, April 25, 4:59AM GMT.

End of second paragraph:

The Tauntaun Ram Pet will be delivered to you via in-game mail by April 24, 2012, 11:59PM CDT/ April 25, 2012, 4:59AM GMT.

Thank You :)

yeah I play when I can have played for months no level 50 I've been trying to enjoy the game instead of rushing to 50. It's hard to devote time to get to 50 when I have a baby to take care so F U BW! You can shove that free month up your idiotic butts! Funny when that free month is up many asre still unsubbing :D

This is a pretty awesome bit of stuff you are doing for folks, my only gripe is the "level 50 players" who are apparently more loyal than those of us alt players. My account has been active since release, but I've yet to ding 50 in the game. How am I less loyal than someone with a 50? Perhaps I've been RPing? Or exploring the game with someone who is new to the game?

Or, as in my case, I'm not only taking my time to explore and get fully immersed in the story and lore, but I also have real life to contend with.

In truth, the cost of a month isn't breaking me, but I think it's rather silly and short-sighted to reward just the "loyal customers" who happen to have a 50.

Still, I'm happy for the pet, since I'm a pet collector, so tyvm for that!

I see posts like this, but I don't see any solutions to the problem, just more vapid complaining.

How would you expect them to do it? Via Founders titles? Well that cuts out another chunk of players. By account registration date? Well that cuts out another chunk of players. No matter which way they do this, not everyone will get the reward.

Maybe, just maybe, Bioware has (and here comes the shocker) statistical data about how many level 50's there are. They then decided that the best way to reward the largest (or smallest, for the cynics and conspiracy theorists who plague the forums) section of the player base was to give the rewards based on level 50's. Frankly, I don't see the rewards for any other suggestion as being 'more' for anyone, and in fact being worse overall.

Why do we, the customers, have to come up with the solutions to the company's mistakes?

They're the ones who messed up. I don't have a solution to the mistake, except "free month to everyone!" but that's not entire possible. They never should have given out monetary rewards to begin with. Give people with a level 50 some fluffy in-game pet. Give people with the Founder title some fluffy in-game pet. See if I care.

Free game time is a stupid reward. It should be reserved for when BioWare deems it necessary to compensate for prolonged downtime. But then it should be for EVERYONE, not just a select few chosen by a ridiculous criteria.

Just cause I do not have a level 50 Toon, but have played continuously since the start means I am exempt from 1 free month. This is not fair in my belief. Some of us are working professionals or other people with busy lives.

I know the game has been out for 4 months approx. but still be fair to those of us that are loyal just slow.

Vent over thanks for reading....

Soooo how does this work? I use a paypal subscription (and yes, I have a level 50). Nothing in my account says anything about 30 days free and I haven't received an e-mail. My sub runs out the 18th... does this mean that I actually have to renew my sub and THEN get 30 days free?

"You have 4 days of play time remaining. When your play time runs out, you will be billed automatically." derp.

No one knows?! My boyfriend hasn't received anything either. How did everyone get their 30 days free time? Did it just magically appear in "my account" -> subscription or what?

Peoples expectations are alittle ridiculously high these days. Lol. I just want to say that Bw I love your game as I have all your titles even DA2 and keep up the good work. 1.2 is sweet I finally got my UI how I like it as well. Keep up the make your own story titles. Down with the Haterz who think nothing is good enough. Feel free to troll me I'm sure you will.

first of all TY Bioware for the extra month and the pet :)

that said i can feel simpathy with the people that just started playing for like a week or 2 a 3 that they dont get the free month but i dont feel simpathy for the ones that are here from dat one or even earlyer u guys had WAY enuf time to get 50 so stop complaining

Sorry for bad english and wall of text ^^

I'm happy that you made it to 50 before the deadline. I have two characters at 48 who finished the 3rd chapter and didn't bother leveling them further because of the well known issues at end game. Instead I chose to play how Bioware suggested by focusing on my legacy and right now the total level of my characters on my server is 303 (an average of level 37.9). In addition, I've got every profession leveled to 400. In other words, it would be difficult for anyone to have played more than I have and not hit 50.

Like most, the $15 doesn't bother me. It's the implication that somehow people that chose to focus on their legacy are somehow less loyal than people that focused on one character. People say things like "I don't feel SYMPATHY for people that didn't hit 50" are missing the point. This game has been hemorrhaging players for months and can ill afford PR snafu's like this. If you want a better game, you should hope for increased subscriptions not mock those that are considering leaving. After all, WoW didn't add things like LFG, rated battlegrounds, and guild banks just because it improved the game. They did it because they had a huge playerbase and those revenues meant they could afford to try to make the game better.

I was hoping to get into operations after 1.2 hits but this is making me reconsider. My server is already low population and this isn't going to help. I'm going to give it a week and if Bioware's response isn't good enough I'm planning to leave. I hate it because I love the Star Wars universe but there comes a point when change is necessary. I don't expect anyone to care but once thousands of other people like me leave perhaps you'll understand why it matters.

It's the implication that somehow people that chose to focus on their legacy are somehow less loyal than people that focused on one character.

Finishing act 3 with characters and getting one to 50 gives some fairly substantial rewards in Legacy, we've known that for a while, so it doesn't make sense to me that getting to 50 means not paying attention to it. Not everyone who made it to 50 was a crazed power-leveller. I'd be surprised if most of them were. A lot of players with a level 50 likely took months to get there, and their only 'crime' is in being consistent with their play and wanting to see the end of a story arc.

Edited by smartalectwo

No one knows?! My boyfriend hasn't received anything either. How did everyone get their 30 days free time? Did it just magically appear in "my account" -> subscription or what?

The email says pet and time will be added to the account on April 24. So no one got anything yet except an email.

If you didn't get an email and feel you should have, I suggest contacting customer support.

Edited by KyaniteD

Finishing act 3 with characters and getting one to 50 gives some fairly substantial rewards in Legacy, we've known that for a while, so it doesn't make sense to me that getting to 50 means not paying attention to it. Not everyone who made it to 50 was a crazed power-leveller. I'd be surprised if most of them were. A lot of players with a level 50 likely took months to get there, and their only 'crime' is in being consistent with their play and wanting to see the end of a story arc.

Conversely there are a lot of players who went with BW's "it's about the journey" thing. Many leveled characters simultaneously instead of going straight for level-cap.

I think the issue here is pretty clear...the reward for "loyalty" should go to the long-time subscribers. It should not be level-based. Had that been the way it was done I firmly believe there would be a LOT less grousing.