Celebrate Game Update 1.2: Legacy

AlysonBridge

I just started recently so I'm not affected but Bioware really dropped the ball on this one.

Does anyone actually think over there before making ignorant decisions like these?

Edited by geulsae

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I reached lvl 50 with my main, I got bored... Doing the same quests over and over, just trying desperately to get my hands on "rare crafting mats" but usually having someone else in the group snatch them up...

So I made more characters...I now have 11... 8 on one server and 3 on others. Just to experience the whole story.

For me it was more fun to progress through the different stories rather than reaching lvl 50. So maybe, just maybe, I am not the only one and they are trying to keep players like me, who are bored after reaching 50?

Both my younger brothers stopped playing as much and so have 4 more people in my guild since they reached lvl 50... maybe they noticed a trend and wanted to reel in the lvl 50 players again?

Personally I appreciate the pet more ;) can't wait to get it.

Why would ppl complain when they can just unsub.

I'm not doing this, but this is how I feel.

At the end of the day, it's just a game. If I feel BW is being unfair, or if/when SWTOR is no longer worth the value of the subscription, I'll just leave.

There's is no hate or maliciousness, as I know for certain, that I will quit this game at some point in the future. It's up to BW and I to figure out when that will be.

Lol... I un-subscribe to change to an alternate payment method (gone from credit to pay card) but because I wont be using till the 17th, ill be missing out on a free £8.99 value month?

I miss out on the free week mostly aswell because my subscription doesn't run out till half way through.

Seem's like im being punished here.

Free month for level 50's only is lame as hell.

There are many people like myself who have been here since early access, enjoying the game fully, playing alts...i play with 8 characters, taking my time because i knew from the start that i will want to see all the stories and play all classes, and some of my7 characters are close to 50 but not there yet.

And what do we get?Nothing.

On the other hand someone who is subscribed for half a month and rushed to 50 got an extra free month, superb.

I have praised this game and Bioware from the start, and have defended it form various trolls on numerous occasions on the forum as can be seen from my posts.Just saying that so people don't mistake me for a forum whiner.

Fact of the matter is, this has pissed me off.

I've subscribed since the day the game came out, but I don't have time to play a lot and I like to play alts, so I don't have any level 50s...

Oh, some of that time not playing SWTOR was spent playing Mass Effect 3.

But I guess I'm not a 'most valued player'.

Well thanks for the big '**** you', BioWare. Real nice.

Lol... I un-subscribe to change to an alternate payment method (gone from credit to pay card) but because I wont be using till the 17th, ill be missing out on a free £8.99 value month?

I miss out on the free week mostly aswell because my subscription doesn't run out till half way through.

Seem's like im being punished here.

As long as your account has play time on it today then youll get the 30 days, at least that's how i read it.

People are level 50 and have been for some time now and have been waiting patiently for end-game PvP, ranked warzones and end-game PvE. This doesn't really apply to anyone who isn't level 50 yet. People playing level 50's are bored because they have cleared all end-game content and have full Battlemaster gear. There is nothing else to do in the game. And yes, we have multiple 50's already.

If they had presented the free time for level 50s because of the missing rated warzones or other end game content issues I would have never said a PEEP.... but they didnt... they said

As a thanks for being one of our most valued players, every active account with a Level 50 character as of April 12th, 2012 at 12:00PM CDT / 5:00PM GMT, will receive thirty (30) days of game time** in appreciation for your support and loyalty.

So, I agree that those hurt by broken content might deserve something, but posting it as a reward for getting to 50 is not the way to go...

They gave me a free week at the beggining of launch because i couldn't log in

Lol, free time for level 50's? haha Bioware, yet another all time low.

So beta testers and preorder noobs get the finger i see. Lol, all these consumers that made your game no1 in sales.

Can't say i got big hopes for Mass Effect 3's RE:ending DLC...

I've subscribed since the day the game came out, but I don't have time to play a lot and I like to play alts, so I don't have any level 50s...

Oh, some of that time not playing SWTOR was spent playing Mass Effect 3.

But I guess I'm not a 'most valued player'.

Well thanks for the big '**** you', BioWare. Real nice.

Yep, we are scum.:cool:

Thank you Bioware for this awesome offer. I still can't believe people are complaining that they won't get it. It's really not the companies fault that you didn't take time out to level to 50. It's as simple as that.

I didn't finish leveling a character to 50 because the population issues made it impossible to do any of the flashpoints that i wanted to experience while leveling. I wanted to level the way the game was meant to be played. I was active during beta providing feedback and improving the game which made me not want to reroll and have to go through some of the same zones for the 4th or 5th time. The population issues are due to their poor planning and mis-management so I think it is their fault. I'm not raging mad or anything because 1.2 did absolutely nothing to fix the problems I'm having with the game and I still wouldn't play even if I had a free subscription.

Fair would be:

anyone who's been playing since release without interruption should get the free month.

The way it is now, you could have started last month and now have a 50, you get the free month because you are considered "valuable",

if you've been playing since the beginning but don't have a lvl50 because you like to make alts or whatever,

you are not "valuable" and get nothing even if you stuck with the game from the beginning and didn't cancel.

This is a slap in the face for many people.

If they had presented the free time for level 50s because of the missing rated warzones or other end game content issues I would have never said a PEEP.... but they didnt... they said

So, I agree that those hurt by broken content might deserve something, but posting it as a reward for getting to 50 is not the way to go...

Yes. This...exactly.

Free month for level 50's only is lame as hell.

There are many people like myself who have been here since early access, enjoying the game fully, playing alts...i play with 8 characters, taking my time because i knew from the start that i will want to see all the stories and play all classes, and some of my7 characters are close to 50 but not there yet.

And what do we get?Nothing.

On the other hand someone who is subscribed for half a month and rushed to 50 got an extra free month, superb.

I have praised this game and Bioware from the start, and have defended it form various trolls on numerous occasions on the forum as can be seen from my posts.Just saying that so people don't mistake me for a forum whiner.

Fact of the matter is, this has pissed me off.

I'm with you man, I have defended this game, the companies behind it etc. I love the game, I think they did great on it but many of use didnt spacebar to 50 and we get nothing for actually enjoying the content that the devs busted their asses to create while impatient people who just got the game and spacebar'd through the whole damn story get a free month. I honestly hope the backlash of this makes bioware reconsider. They should have done something more like to players who preorded, beta tested, have had an active account for 60 or more days etc.

*sigh*

If you're not level 50 yet, you still have tons of content to explore. A lot of level 50 people burned through said content and were bored. Bioware is giving them incentive to stick around a while longer hoping to keep their business. The promotion makes perfect sense. Why people are so upset about $15 is beyond me. Heck, I've made more money than that sitting here at my desk at work reading through this thread....

As long as your account has play time on it today then youll get the 30 days, at least that's how i read it.

I sincerely hope so, Although I read it as having an active subscription OR a paid for time card, I have neither, I have remaining time on an subscription.

They gave me a free week at the beggining of launch because i couldn't log in

They completely screwed up my early access to where I couldn't log onto the game till a few days after the game was released and they didn't do anything to compensate me for that...

30 days free for lvl 50 players...great news for them. Too bad for me...I mean I have a 45, 41, 36, 33 and so on...so i like to play a lot of different characters, just my play style. But I am just as a dedicated player as those with 50's.

Not trying to complain too much, but the choice for this reward does not necessarily reward your dedicated players, just those that got to 50....oh well.

^

What this guy said. I think I've logged in every day since open beta and have no character slots left...just spend time exploring, crafting, etc.

Guess it's tethered swimming for me.

I'm more or less in the same boat, been a loyal subscriber since the second day of early access, got 726h+ playtime logged this far (went through all my chars and did a /played on them and added it up), been enjoying every aspect of the game and taking it easy playing multiple alts but I don't have a level 50 yet (closest is my agent at ~48.9 and my BH level 41) no free gametime for me, I'd say it's a bit unfair, but that's life in a nutshell.

Oh well, atleast I enjoy the game :D

EDIT: A somewhat more fair system would be for them to find a good breakpoint on logged playtime to include in the "promotion" and/or loyal subscribers since release.

Edited by WereMops

I'm with you man, I have defended this game, the companies behind it etc. I love the game, I think they did great on it but many of use didnt spacebar to 50 and we get nothing for actually enjoying the content that the devs busted their asses to create while impatient people who just got the game and spacebar'd through the whole damn story get a free month. I honestly hope the backlash of this makes bioware reconsider. They should have done something more like to players who preorded, beta tested, have had an active account for 60 or more days etc.

That would just have been far, far too sensible an idea!! :rolleyes:

Played since launch.

No 50 due to my original server dieing due to lack of population and being forced to reroll.

Am I understanding correctly that because I don't have a 50 that I dont get 30 days ? This seems totalky bass ackwards!

Not to mention all the free weekend trails you are giving. I feel like im paying more for no reason. Screw the worthless founder title, there should be some real compensation for all this free time you're handing out!

Fair would be:

anyone who's been playing since release without interruption should get the free month.

The way it is now, you could have started last month and now have a 50, you get the free month because you are considered "valuable",

if you've been playing since the beginning but don't have a lvl50 because you like to make alts or whatever,

you are not "valuable" and get nothing even if you stuck with the game from the beginning and didn't cancel.

This is a slap in the face for many people.

While I agree it would be a better format the way you suggest it and encourage BW to implement this instead, you have to admit it's still a pretty sweet deal.

Think of it as the 'Founder' bonus, Bioware.

Edited by Azzras

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.