Tauntaun Hoth Mystery

Jenemi

I just burned a jerky too and we did a quest called "I came I saw I....' and when you go into the den you get a buff, and the image of the buff is a little tauntaun....it lasts for 10 min, so maybe somewhere within 10 min of it??

Just wondering if anyone ever threw that out there.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just burned a jerky too and we did a quest called "I came I saw I....' and when you go into the den you get a buff, and the image of the buff is a little tauntaun....it lasts for 10 min, so maybe somewhere within 10 min of it??

What was the buff name and its description?

Said "In the White Terror's Lair' no desciption but was a buff on my bar, little tauntaun image.

seemed a little convenient if you know what I mean.

The description I see for that buff is "This seems like a good place to use the Sonic Agitator". The Sonic Agitator is an item needed for that quest. So I do not think it has anything to do with the tauntaun hunt but would not hurt to try if you have the jerky I guess.

So, can someone confirm/replicate this buff? Looks like we're onto something here. :)

*edit* Well, unless it's part of that quest as the post above mine stated. xP

Edited by plokolplok

I cant confirm whether I got the buff as soon as I entered the cave, or when i went into the instance. Ill post a screenie sec.

I found this screenshot on the net that has the buff you are talking about.

http://static.swtor-spy.com/img/quest_images/1617/I_Came__I_Froze__I____1_3_1_Screenshot_20120202_14_19_05_221679.jpg

As you can see the screenshot was taken on 2012, 02, 02. So the 2nd of February, that is long before the 1.2 patch and I would say has nothing to do with this hurt.

http://static.swtor-spy.com/img/quest_images/1617/I_Came__I_Froze__I____1_3_1_Screenshot_20120202_14_19_05_221679.jpg

As you can see the screenshot was taken on 2012, 02, 02. So the 2nd of February, that is long before the 1.2 patch and I would say has nothing to do with this hurt.

Ah well that takes care of that!

Maybe it is time to leave Hoth and continue on Ilum?

The livers drop there too it is also an icy planet.

Anyway I would like George Zoeller to confirm some assumptions the community has.

First: Is the Tauntlet ingame at all at the moment?

Second: NVSCCS needed to obtain it?

Third: Jerky is needed?

If the answer is yes to all three.. throw as a bone please.

If the answer is no, subtle hint please where to go

Maybe it is time to leave Hoth and continue on Ilum?

The livers drop there too it is also an icy planet.

Anyway I would like George Zoeller to confirm some assumptions the community has.

First: Is the Tauntlet ingame at all at the moment?

Second: NVSCCS needed to obtain it?

Third: Jerky is needed?

If the answer is yes to all three.. throw as a bone please.

If the answer is no, subtle hint please where to go

I second the motion for a hint, it's about time we got a bit further, been stuck for days now

so i found a jerky on the gtn. i have been travelling all over hoth, every tauntaun pack known. no luck. went to ilum for the domesticated ones in the base. no luck. finally, i toured the starship graveyard. nothing. i tried to nvsccs all of the ones i saw.

see the thing is they confirmed its a 2 planet chain... so obviously hoth = part 1 but the 2nd is either ilum or alderaan and seeing as the NVSCCS is on alderaan its either the nvsccs isnt a part of it and the 2nd half is on ilum or we are missing something major on hoth... ive gone everywhere 3 times found all the datacrons just by looking that much and i found places i could have fallen off the earth.... 30 hrs of looking and ive used 8 jerkys...

plz give us a hint im stumped ! =(

We can search Hoth and Ilum, because Tauntauns are seen there and is what you expect.

But i thought Rahkgouls were on Taris & Denova and yet there was a crashlanding on Tatooine.. Who thought of that ? ;)

So it could be the case that on Hoth it starts and ends somewhere else, God knows where???

So far the patchnotes said they could be acquired on Hoth, but the exact way was a mystery. After countless combined hours searching, killing and facepalming I think we come to the point of insanity :)

Any other ideas then Hoth -> Ilum?

I don't think something has to be COMPLETELY new in order for it to be part of it. No reason they can't add to an existing function.

But yeah, I don't know if they'd attach it to apart of a specific quest.

The tauntaun corpses have all been tried numerous times, but is it possible we've been looking for the wrong kind of dead body? Is bioware maybe making a star wars joke, and there's a little taunling keeping warm in a human corpse somewhere?

Sorry for the gross suggestion, but I'm grasping at straws now :S

The tauntaun corpses have all been tried numerous times, but is it possible we've been looking for the wrong kind of dead body? Is bioware maybe making a star wars joke, and there's a little taunling keeping warm in a human corpse somewhere?

Sorry for the gross suggestion, but I'm grasping at straws now :S

i lold

Take a look at this description of ice scrabblers...

http://www.geocities.ws/kwenn5/icescrabbler.html

It makes sense to me that if someone finds some lichen(or maybe just the ice scrabbler jerky), they can lure out a scrabbler and use the NVSCCS on it to catch it.

Then use the ice scrabbler to lure out a tauntaun and use the NVSCCS again. It is stackable, so multiple uses would make sense.

I'm just looking for caves and stuff, trying to find a clickable somewhere.

Also, they've re-used the Tatooine moisture buff for the orobird. Maybe they've re-used the Shock Frozen Water in some way for the tauntaun.

Edited by DCZero

Also, they've re-used the Tatooine moisture buff for the orobird. Maybe they've re-used the Shock Frozen Water in some way for the tauntaun.

Hmm...maybe. Need to bring food and water perhaps? Has anyone tried getting both buffs and seeing if that causes a new buff? (Either the water and jerky or the frozen water and jerky)

Considering the new quest to get the Crimson Rakling requires you to get 3 which turns into 1, it's worth a looking into.

Spent some time wandering the Zoo on Corellia and Spaceports on Hoth, Ilum, and Alderran seeing if there was a place to 'program' the NVSCC thang. From the description it sounds like it will need to be programmed for something, but who knows! Edited by Zeshae

600, 755 in Glacial Fissure is an instance that has no description when you mouse over it. It just says you can't go in. Is this for a heroic mission or could this be an instance that ONLY allows you in with the correct mission/item in your inventory?

Besides that, i'm thinking we are going to have to start looking outside the box. The way you get datacrons, the way you got the Orobird pet and things like that, it required you to use equipment, look above you and below you, around things, jumping on things dropping down on things etc... so i'm thinking we may need to go high, drop down to somewhere, use the de-icer thing you get at your base or any similar means like that. It's gotta be NOT off a path, and somewhere you have to go to crazy means to get to.

The Tauntaun can already be obtained in-game (and could be obtained on PTS for the last 4 weeks before that), although nobody managed to find it.

Some of you actually had ideas that are pretty close to the truth and I've seen at least one comment out there on the internet that indicates the tauntaun was found, but not captured.

Just bringing this forward. Not much of a hint, in my eyes.

The Tauntaun can already be obtained in-game (and could be obtained on PTS for the last 4 weeks before that), although nobody managed to find it.

Some of you actually had ideas that are pretty close to the truth and I've seen at least one comment out there on the internet that indicates the tauntaun was found, but not captured.

Well... "out there on the internet" might be somewhere else besides these forums... "was found, but not captured" puzzles me even more... did someone here find a baby tauntaun somewhere?

Well... "out there on the internet" might be somewhere else besides these forums... "was found, but not captured" puzzles me even more... did someone here find a baby tauntaun somewhere?

Someone mentiont earlier, that he saw the little tauntaun but it ran away...