The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

1.2 Levelling Spec

StarvinParvin

I am Powertech, but wouldnt shield be for tanking?

I wouldn't bother, 4 warzones today broke 100k once. They want you to play a non healing force user class, or at least that's what this patch tells me.

Shieldtech isnt bad at all for leveling, if you plan on questing with mako...ST makes you practically invincible. I dont know about pvp or anything else...give Adv. Proto a try seeing its be buffed up.

How is Adv Proto for leveling now?

Edited by Bobinator

Shieldtech isnt bad at all for leveling, if you plan on questing with mako...ST makes you practically invincible. I dont know about pvp or anything else...give Adv. Proto a try seeing its be buffed up.

How is Adv Proto for leveling now?

Until 40, both pyro and Shield tech are better for leveling. You dont' get any of the key abilities till late 30's and 40 you actually get Immolate which is huge for the tree.

I went shieldtech until 30 (currently 30). I was using Mako and easymoding through most content.

I went pyro a day or two before patch and found that, at least for questing, I'm not doing nearly as well. In PVP I can really lay down some damage though, pre and post 1.2. But I find it painful for questing. To the point that I may go respec back to shieldtech.

I went shieldtech until 30 (currently 30). I was using Mako and easymoding through most content.

I went pyro a day or two before patch and found that, at least for questing, I'm not doing nearly as well. In PVP I can really lay down some damage though, pre and post 1.2. But I find it painful for questing. To the point that I may go respec back to shieldtech.

Out of curiosity, what was so bad about leveling as Pyrotech? Naturally you'd take more damage than in Shield Tech, so was it just having to heal up every few battles? Or was it something else? Trying to get any feedback I can on leveling a Powertech; so far the general consensus is Shield Tech over anything else. However, I would like to more info comparing the two specs for leveling.

I'm still having a blast out of PT/Shield Tech. So freakin awesome in sub 50 PvP. Best part is just taking away damage from the enemy, most rewarding part is when not a single person on the other team gets over 100k damage. Maybe they didn't understand but you know who was screwing them over when you look at my defense.