Pick the Name for the No-RS build

TheOpf

Thanks to all the submissions and votes. We have two that ran away with it so we have settled on two names.

"Norse" Build won by one vote over "Tibetan Candle".

Both are pretty cool, and while I understand that many find the entire thing juvenile. I really do like the names.

In the AP guide I have renamed the no-RS build to Norse Build. Which leave the nickname Tibetan Candle open for the next build.

Please see the AP guide and revel in all that is ....:

NORSE

Like the Norsemen of old we burn villages down, terrorize the other armies, and strike fear in the hearts of all those who have seen and felt our flame!

Edited by TheOpf

Could you post the build and then I can vote/submit a name?

I have been reading the boards quite a bit lately for all the pre-1.2 feedback but don't recall anyone really posting builds for post-1.2 after the tree revamps.

Thanks!

Could you post the build and then I can vote/submit a name?

I have been reading the boards quite a bit lately for all the pre-1.2 feedback but don't recall anyone really posting builds for post-1.2 after the tree revamps.

Thanks!

There is no place to copy a post 1.2 tree currently, so all builds would be based on previous trees. I figure it will be a few days until we can get a 1.2 tree.

Bad specs dont need clever names.

Any variation of AP is still really, really bad.

Please ready my sig, apparently it applies to you. AP is very very good if played correctly. You are just very very bad. Learn the difference.

Edited by TheOpf

It's a Star Wars Galaxies thing. NGE was the "New Game Enhancement" that changed the way the game worked not by a little but by a lot. It was the death knell of that game. Edited by Kavell

I don't understand...

Why the hell would you not want to use Railshot and Retractable Blade as an AP?

I can kind of understand RB, but I don't see why you'd want to just stop using Railshot...

Seems kind of silly to me, as what exactly would your rotation look like? Just Flame Burst, Flamethrower, Immolate and Rocket Punch?

I don't understand...

Why the hell would you not want to use Railshot and Retractable Blade as an AP?

I can kind of understand RB, but I don't see why you'd want to just stop using Railshot...

Seems kind of silly to me, as what exactly would your rotation look like? Just Flame Burst, Flamethrower, Immolate and Rocket Punch?

Yep, you got it. It's very simple. FB and Immolate are the only ones that build PFT. RP is used for energy and because you have the 12 second rule. Immolate - FBx4 is only 7.5 seconds so you have some left over time to add other attacks.

RS even specced into buffs hits max for around 3300 with Crit so it's not really essential. If you are going to use RS than you might as well use RB. In pvp, I don't know of any decent AP guy who uses RS except randomly for a kiting crit or a last second PFT is on CD kill.

In PVE there are two rotations, one with RS and RB and one without. Both do about the same amount of damage though we still have to do more testing.

How about the "No-RS build" so it actually contains information that might tell someone something about the build. That's a thing labels usually do.

But that's so boring... :/

Oh well, atleast I call call it "The Norse" and pretend it has a silly name.

But that's so boring... :/

Oh well, atleast I call call it "The Norse" and pretend it has a silly name.

Haha, I like it! It's probably what people would think you were saying in voice chat anyway.

--So what's this new 'Norse' build you're running?

-No, not Norse, No-RS

--That's what I said... Norse...

-Not NORSE, it's No-RS... like "No," then "R-S"

--So you want me to say it with an accent?... Like No-arse?

- /facepalm .... no... Norse is fine.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.