Marauder Damage... ****

stephenjohnp

We screamed this over and over again on the PTS, but Bioware didn't listen and most of the maras were like "it's fine, L2P". Well, it's not fine.

It is just as fine and a l2p moment as the getting pulled into fire/acid. Get over it and move on.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL - i am only a little lvl 21 Marauder... I've only been playing a month. Last night, i logged on and suddenly i am a damage god! (Well compared to the night before, before 1.2 went live :-)

So I can only imagine how good this is for you lvl 50 guys :-)

My point though is... SShhhhhh dont talk about it - if no one mentions it, maybe Bioware wont nitice and they wont reset Ravage?

It's not overpowered. Survivability for mara's went down every mara I know mentions it without even being prompted to. So while damage went up a little for a dps class what good is it if they're dead ?

Lol too true. I get shred apart like I tear Sorcs/Sages new holes. I am loving the new damage, and to be honest I wouldn't want to trade that for a little more survivability because we are now at a good place.

It's not overpowered. Survivability for mara's went down every mara I know mentions it without even being prompted to. So while damage went up a little for a dps class what good is it if they're dead ?

This 100% and I'm hating pvp at the moment because of it. Before if i was getting traced on or lightning down i could ignore or engage them. Now i just get one final smash in and die. I also went head to head with a few range dos classes. Its like our survivabilty is a joke now. Full BM gear by the way. Hoping to god war hero fixes this but even then, just sucks.

I play as a sniper. Mara/sent are now where they should be.

Although they can kill me very fast. They are pure dps, so they should be able to kill fast. As fast as they can kill me... I can kill them even faster. I guess it's balanced. They just turned into the glass canon they should have been from the start.

Fact: everyone, with the exception of some Maras/Sents, just stands there and continues to cast or DPS on you while you smack all 3 hits on them. It's no my fault bads can't get out of the way of an obviously channeled ability. Edited by bklynfinest

Its is TRUE. For the RAGE spec. It went down 25%'ish. I went down about 80K dmg average using this spec.

Guess I'm gonna try the new Carnage Spec. Cause Rage BLOWS atm.

Thats funny, pulled a 625k yesterday (Voidstar of course). Also had a 7.2k smash. So not real sure what went down 25% for you.

Still was pulling 300k+ in Civil War and Hutball. The new WZ I rarely see anyone push over 200k due to the spacing out of the turrets.

I think it's funny to hear other classes complaining about how the pure dps class does more dps now.

Look at our trees...

DPS -- DPS -- DPS

you don't see any "Healer" or "Tank" in that. As a Marauder, our only goal is to DPS, so why are other classes so jealous when BW tries to balance it like that? Are they really upset because they got so used to the imbalance of the original release where healer classes were dominating dps+heals?

Marauders are OP, but they can be countered. There are several guild mates of mine who are experienced and can easily counter me, so there is hope for scrubs. You just need to see what spec they are, and what debuffs they put onto you. (Obfuscate for example).

I play a Rage marauder myself and I do kick ***, but I am very squishy. I use all of my abilites to survive as long as I can, and I duel against people of each class to see what their abilites are, what I need to look out for, and how to survive. I know some may do this, but if you don't try to understand what is happening to you in pvp and what "this" ability does to you, try to atleast learn before you cry on the forums. There is so much QQ. Most of the people don't even know how to play their class (tracer missle :D) , and expect to just SMASH people. There was some noob BM merc who was spamming tracer on me and called me OP the other day. yes I'm op.

This isn't WoW where u smash your keyboard against the wall and kill raid bosses in minutes.

What I find the problem is I see so many people playing Marauder! On my server atleast. The majority are anni, and from what I read on the forums many people are. When you have so many people playing anni marauder, they can focus one target and nuke the **** out of their in seconds from bleeds, etc. And the healing that they do over a period of time is a lot.

What is really funny is that Anni didn't even change that much. So... why do people find that they are so OP all of the sudden? Maybe you should have played marauder instead of playing the "flavor of the month, im ranged so i can spam 2-3 buttons!" (Not for everyone ofcourse) Anyways, as Rage I can't use prediation and have the speed buff I always liked to use, as I use it now on Beserk to get 4stacks for my smash. But smash is only every 12 seconds and it costs 3 rage. So I need to use crap fillers inbetween. But, all of you should know this, right?

Just learn to play your class, learn other classes. I'm very sure Bioware would make a class completely useless. I could even write how to not get killed by a marauder, but I don't have to, and I don't want to. I've done 700k~ (voidstars) 450k~ Alderaan/Hutttball. I know I hit hard, but am I doing the objective all the time? No.

Dont worry guys! They arn't Funcom.

I think it's funny to hear other classes complaining about how the pure dps class does more dps now.

Look at our trees...

DPS -- DPS -- DPS

you don't see any "Healer" or "Tank" in that. As a Marauder, our only goal is to DPS, so why are other classes so jealous when BW tries to balance it like that? Are they really upset because they got so used to the imbalance of the original release where healer classes were dominating dps+heals?

Hi there, Sniper here.. pls give us your dmg too, thank you.

Marauders are OP, but they can be countered. There are several guild mates of mine who are experienced and can easily counter me, so there is hope for scrubs. You just need to see what spec they are, and what debuffs they put onto you. (Obfuscate for example).

I play a Rage marauder myself and I do kick ***, but I am very squishy. I use all of my abilites to survive as long as I can, and I duel against people of each class to see what their abilites are, what I need to look out for, and how to survive. I know some may do this, but if you don't try to understand what is happening to you in pvp and what "this" ability does to you, try to atleast learn before you cry on the forums. There is so much QQ. Most of the people don't even know how to play their class (tracer missle :D) , and expect to just SMASH people. There was some noob BM merc who was spamming tracer on me and called me OP the other day. yes I'm op.

This isn't WoW where u smash your keyboard against the wall and kill raid bosses in minutes.

What I find the problem is I see so many people playing Marauder! On my server atleast. The majority are anni, and from what I read on the forums many people are. When you have so many people playing anni marauder, they can focus one target and nuke the **** out of their in seconds from bleeds, etc. And the healing that they do over a period of time is a lot.

What is really funny is that Anni didn't even change that much. So... why do people find that they are so OP all of the sudden? Maybe you should have played marauder instead of playing the "flavor of the month, im ranged so i can spam 2-3 buttons!" (Not for everyone ofcourse) Anyways, as Rage I can't use prediation and have the speed buff I always liked to use, as I use it now on Beserk to get 4stacks for my smash. But smash is only every 12 seconds and it costs 3 rage. So I need to use crap fillers inbetween. But, all of you should know this, right?

Just learn to play your class, learn other classes. I'm very sure Bioware would make a class completely useless. I could even write how to not get killed by a marauder, but I don't have to, and I don't want to. I've done 700k~ (voidstars) 450k~ Alderaan/Hutttball. I know I hit hard, but am I doing the objective all the time? No.

Dont worry guys! They arn't Funcom.

And that would be why my numbers are always low. Because I *AM* doing the objective. ALL the time.

Look at our trees...

DPS -- DPS -- DPS

LOL ikr. We're short ranged, and have to chase people to do anything to them, but apparently we should ALSO be weak. These whiners are such lames. A Sorc or BH can shoot at me, then peel off and heal up. All Marauders can do is kill or die. We deserve strength, because you other classes have things we don't have.

And it really isn't that difficult to defeat a Marauder, the problem for you is it's also not that difficult for a Marauder to defeat YOU if you're lacking skill. So basically stop complaining and play the damn game.

People flock to the lazy, 2 button pressing classes (I have a BH too, trust me I know how they are), but when they get nerfed down and have to do work, all of a sudden people cant take it. I started as a 50 Jug, so I know about hard work in this game.

All Marauders can do is kill or die. We deserve strength, because you other classes have things we don't have.

I started as a 50 Jug, so I know about hard work in this game.

Amen, brother. Before 1.2 terrible players could shine with Bounty Hunters and Inquisitors all day long, while you not only had to be good, but you had to play your butt off with a Warrior. We still have to play our butts off, but now so do they. Welcome to more balanced pvp, fellas.

Edited by mrHaterade

after i was seeing some logs againist 71+ full BM maras the dmg wasnt soo high and im a sage with not full BM set the problem i had even when using every CC and utillity i had i couldnt stop em most of the times.

I did eventually killed couple of times but it was close fight.

Seriously just play marauder if you think its so oped.

You can mezzle/knock back when mara are channeling ravage. Not to mention using ravage will force the mara to stay in 1 place until the animation completes, which is 3 seconds.

A nimble dps class with DoT as focus staying in one place for more than 2 second is like asking to get stunned/killed. Ravage is a double edged sword that is only good to use when you're hitting someone stunned.

As for Undying, it only last 6 seconds. You can run away for 6 second until the mara run out of Undying. (which would cost him 50% of his current hp mind you. No mara in their right mind would use it when their hp is full and when they DO use it it means they're on the brick of death. Easy kill after 6 seconds.)

And what better defensive CDs?

Last time I checked we only got CoP and Saber Ward.

Ofus. is more of a debuff and once again it only last a few sec and has a long cd.

Cloaks? we're not the only class that has it.

I play as a Marauder, I am in BM gear, I can do massive damage in annihilation....

But I am still squishy!

When I fight 1 on 1 I CAN kill em easily, if it weren't for the 2 stuns on them other classes. these stuns kill me, my resolve is full, I try to get back to the fight, my resolve is down.

This happens alot and my stun breaker is on a CD often. that's the part were we suck. You can easily kill marauders when they are stunned. The survivability is still low but we do have last chance defense. that is what safes us out of a fight, if we are not stunned.

Amen, brother. Before 1.2 terrible players could shine with Bounty Hunters and Inquisitors all day long, while you not only had to be good, but you had to play your butt off with a Warrior. We still have to play our butts off, but now so do they. Welcome to more balanced pvp, fellas.

People just whine because the FOTMers realise that their FOTM class are so last month (aka Ops, Loltracer Mercs and Sorcs) and they can't stand that fact that they can't beat everything anymore. And their numbers are great so their tears fills the ocean.

You don't hear PTs and snipers whine about mara - it is because these underplayed class (that the few good ones stucked with to 50) have no issues with them.

Thats why people should play what they like instead of FOTM classes, and they will be good at it, cuz they will care to learn how to play them properly instead of 1 button spam.

Edited by aRtFuL

People just whine because the FOTMers realise that their FOTM class are so last month (aka Ops, Loltracer Mercs and Sorcs) and they can't stand that fact that they can't beat everything anymore. And their numbers are great so their tears fills the ocean.

You don't hear PTs and snipers whine about mara - it is because these underplayed class (that the few good ones stucked with to 50) have no issues with them.

Thats why people should play what they like instead of FOTM classes, and they will be good at it, cuz they will care to learn how to play them properly instead of 1 button spam.

Lvl 50 sniper, not even full BM gear yet and yeah this guy is right, I've got no problem with the update for you guys. All you have to do is not freak out and marauders go down as easy as a sorc. stun lock for the win, and don't let them close the gap dummy, of course a maurader is gonna win a close quarters dps fight, that's like getting mad when a healer heals himself.

Thanks for the compliment btw, we snipers get no love, all 4 of us :p