Marauder Damage... ****

stephenjohnp

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

theres these things called knockbacks / stuns. they still stop ravage and have low cooldowns.

still kinda l2p.

that being said, it IS op when used with gore/precision slash. they should nerf that talent at the least

I always kick a Mara in the balls just before he lands his third hit. Then I run while healing the initial damage and laugh.

-Edit- Well, I used to laugh. =[

Edited by Daiyukie

you see, even if they are all retarded for standing and getting hit by the 3rd ms tic.. bioware makes changes based on the amount of people the "problem" affects.

and more than 99% of the players in this game are awful and WILL get hit by the 3rd tic, so it will warrant changing even though it is a user end problem, NOT a problem with balance.

Fact: everyone, with the exception of some Maras/Sents, just stands there and continues to cast or DPS on you while you smack all 3 hits on them. It's no my fault bads can't get out of the way of an obviously channeled ability.

This. So hard. A channeled ability that breaks when you get farther away than 10m or out of LoS, or CCd, or KBd. People have always just let Ravage finish on my server, it boggles the mind.

you see, even if they are all retarded for standing and getting hit by the 3rd ms tic.. bioware makes changes based on the amount of people the "problem" affects.

and more than 99% of the players in this game are awful and WILL get hit by the 3rd tic, so it will warrant changing even though it is a user end problem, NOT a problem with balance.

It's not even that powerful unless it crits and you're wearing light armor, it's not worth nerfing. Merc still has higher burst from 30m away with heatseeker missiles.

Keep in mind it was only buffed 15%. It used to crit for 3600, now that it crits for 4k+ it's suddenly nerf city? I don't buy it.

Edited by Vid-szhite

I asked on another thread which was closed:

What exactly makes Marauders overpowered?

I beat them all the time with my jugg, commando and vanguard. I could outheal them on my sawbones. When I switched to scrapper I have no trouble with them (I can take on 2 ppl as a scrapper lol). Only my sorc has issues, but even with that class I either beat them or it's a close loss. I'm not level 50 with any of these classes (save commando which I having played in forever). When I ask people this question in-game they just say things like "LOL are you serious" or "You're not lvl 50".

Lvl 40... kicking marauder butt.

Lvl 41... kicking marauder butt.

Lvl 43... kicking marauder butt.

Lvl 46... kicking marauder butt.

Lvl 49... kicking marauder butt.

Lvl 50... Ahhh!! They are OP'd now.

So what exactly changes at 50? Do they get a damage buff specific to lvl 50 only? Are their 50 armor sets better? What's the deal?

The only thing close to a real answer was:

1. godmode button. You know, where they take zero dmg for much much too long.

2. insane damage and insane durability.

3. Stealth

1. So they don't have their godmode ability until level 50?

2. What gives them insane dmg and durability at 50 that they don;t have at 49?

3. They don;t have stealth until level 50?

1. So they don't have their godmode ability until level 50?

2. What gives them insane dmg and durability at 50 that they don;t have at 49?

3. They don;t have stealth until level 50?

1. Popping Saber Ward, Cloak of Pain, and Undying Rage makes you nearly untouchable to damage...for 8 seconds. 8 seconds. The Huttball fire ticks on me for 12 damage when I pop that combo. Usually I have also burned Pred., which boosts defense as well.

2. Insane damage is learning your rotation. Durability is learning when to pop your cooldowns.

3. Not true at all. I think you get it in the 30 - 40 range.

People are upset because more and more Mara's are finally learning the class and not being FAILS. Now that the class is buffed, the few good Mara's out there are now stellar in comparison.

I spent 4 months in PvP getting waxed by Sorc's and Merc's because I was lacking pulls and knockbacks. I'm SUPERIOR melee DPS, deal with me doing damage.

1. Popping Saber Ward, Cloak of Pain, and Undying Rage makes you nearly untouchable to damage...for 8 seconds. 8 seconds. The Huttball fire ticks on me for 12 damage when I pop that combo. Usually I have also burned Pred., which boosts defense as well.

2. Insane damage is learning your rotation. Durability is learning when to pop your cooldowns.

3. Not true at all. I think you get it in the 30 - 40 range.

People are upset because more and more Mara's are finally learning the class and not being FAILS. Now that the class is buffed, the few good Mara's out there are now stellar in comparison.

I spent 4 months in PvP getting waxed by Sorc's and Merc's because I was lacking pulls and knockbacks. I'm SUPERIOR melee DPS, deal with me doing damage.

So, why is it I faceroll marauders pre-50? I just don't see how they are OP'd. But supposedly, when I hit 50 they will faceroll me?

Everything you say they have pre-50, right?

So, why is it I faceroll marauders pre-50? I just don't see how they are OP'd. But supposedly, when I hit 50 they will faceroll me?

Everything you say they have pre-50, right?

It doesn't happen right at 50. They'll need gear, but a good Mara should be tough for you to kill no matter what. All the Marauder set bonues suck hard, save the 4 piece Rakata.

Honestly, I think at that point it's player skill coming into effect.

I've been 50 since a week after launch and I faceroll most of the Mara's I come across, even those in Batttlemaster gear and I'm in Rakata.

Marauder's are good where they are. To beat them it's very simple, keep them out of range. Most of the classes have more stuns and knockbacks than we do, and it can be done. PvP groups focus fire on us anyway and always have.

On the rare occasion that we actually have healer love...

Protip: Kill the Healer.

Such a joke, kids crying because ravage hits hard on light armor? Get over it, carnage spec needed a buff and this was needed, veng for juggs needed this aswell, so quit trying to get attention because you got wrecked in your cent gear, if you are even lvl 50 my god.

lol at the light armor bit, u do realize as carnage this has 100% armor pen right? ofc you do since you have a lvl 50 marauder...

Hmm I wonder how many people who are sayinng they don't need a nerf are Maruaders?

They will get nerfed to the ground in the next patch so don't worry:D,My guess is the next fotm will be Sniper.

I could never bring myself to play a pure DPS class. I can DPS as a jugg and have the option to tank. Without looking like a stupid kid with two glow sticks. You even get better CC. I could play a sentinel pure PvE, put not being able to do anything but slash slash slash in huttball sounds depressing.

Beforehand, people called for nerfs. They all complained about how weak they were. Then they buffed them. Ever since, people have been crying marauder nerf. Bioware then buffed them even more apparently. My guess is people just stand toe to toe trading blows or try "kiting" minus the snare. I'm not so sure they are OP'd as much as they are simple to play. People equate complexitity with the number of hotkey slots filled, but that isn't necessarily the case. Marauder don't require alot of footwork. They just need to get close and stay close. They don't have to avoid hits actively.

I think alot of people simply suck. I'll put my scrapper against your maruder any day of the week.

Edited by Dayshadow

Marauder's are good where they are. To beat them it's very simple, keep them out of range. Most of the classes have more stuns and knockbacks than we do, and it can be done. PvP groups focus fire on us anyway and always have.

On the rare occasion that we actually have healer love...

Protip: Kill the Healer.

What class do you play and how do you keep them out of range?

Please, share your expertise with everyone else.

Edited by Dayshadow

1. Root

2. KB and Root

3. Snare

4. KB and Snare

5. AOE KB and Root

6. Stuns

the 7 other AC's all get 3 or more of those abilties at the bare minimum

I wonder if people realize the biggest boost Mara's got was from Expertise and being nothing but a DPS class, the changes made the most noticeable to the class over all, since everything is DPS and since ALL Mara's are playing some sort of DPS spec, every ability in all tress are seen and felt.

hence all the 31/31/31 specced Mara screaming.

Edited by Blloodbane

I care less about Ravage's damage and more about it's root when I spec'd Carnage. Besides that there's too many other easy things to do like knockback, stun, activate a defense cooldown, use Obfuscate on them...

In the end Carnage is not a great spec. Annihilation is far more useful. Have you guys even tried testing them out on dummies and parsing the damage... Carnage is still bad.

I care less about Ravage's damage and more about it's root when I spec'd Carnage. Besides that there's too many other easy things to do like knockback, stun, activate a defense cooldown, use Obfuscate on them...

In the end Carnage is not a great spec. Annihilation is far more useful. Have you guys even tried testing them out on dummies and parsing the damage... Carnage is still bad.

What he said...

I just like to be different... I woudlnt say Carnage is bad now, I still think Anhilation is better, but my Mara grew up on Carnage, so thats what I know... Trying to relearn a new tree is almost as completely different as another class.

My sniper can still take down a Marauder without any problems whether he attacks first or not. This new buff is actually making other toons better in learning how to defeat Marauders, I shelved my Marauder and decided to level up my jugg to see if there is any difference.

I am a Marauder, so I know my classes short comings. Kiting Marauders or stunlocking them are the only way you'll really beat us. Tanks are the only thing I've seen that can go toe-to-toe with a Mara, outside of another Mara/Sent., and that's just because of their damage mitigation.

Snipers actually give me the biggest headache since I can't close the gap between us and since every sniper spec's where Ambush knocks us back, it feels like ice skating uphill. When I do get up to them I can stun them and keep them from crouching for a few seconds, but then comes "F + Knockback" and we're back at square one.

Many of my deaths come from taking on 3 or 4 people at once. I'll kill at least one of them for sure, but the others always get me. That's how you can tell and good group from a group of baddies. My healers go and then I'm next.

1. Root

2. KB and Root

3. Snare

4. KB and Snare

5. AOE KB and Root

6. Stuns

the 7 other AC's all get 3 or more of those abilties at the bare minimum

I wonder if people realize the biggest boost Mara's got was from Expertise and being nothing but a DPS class, the changes made the most noticeable to the class over all, since everything is DPS and since ALL Mara's are playing some sort of DPS spec, every ability in all tress are seen and felt.

hence all the 31/31/31 specced Mara screaming.

I think I asked you what class do YOU play and how do YOU beat marauders. Please tell us how YOU do it. Not some generic stun-KB-snare-stun list.

To anyone reading,

OK, say a sorc is fighting a marauder. He uses his deadly throw to root sorc and then runs up. Sorcs uses lightning to snare. Mara is now on him. Sorc maybe stuns, throws on a crushing darkness and affliction. Then knock back that holds him for a bit (assume specced to stun). Then a death field. Then starts lightning, but Marauder then Leaps in and starts swinging. Barrier is now down and mara has put bleeds and snare on sorc. Sorc pops a new bubble( assuming first was already up before fight starts). 1 maybe 2 secs tops the new bubble is popped. How does the sorc survive until his CC is ready again?

Because to me it sounds like your advice is for a class with very - no extremely - low CC timers? I admit I may be missing something. Can someone fill me in?

Edited by Dayshadow

OK, say a sorc is fighting a marauder. He uses his deadly throw to root sorc and then runs up. Sorcs uses lightning to snare. Mara is now on him. Sorc maybe stuns, throws on a crushing darkness and affliction. Then knock back that holds him for a bit (assume specced to stun). Then a death field. Then starts lightning, but Marauder then Leaps in and starts swinging. Barrier is now down and mara has put bleeds and snare on sorc.

Way to mix two different trees together there, buddy. You must not know what you're talking about. Carnage doesn't use bleeds (if they're smart) and Annihilation doesn't have a root on Deadly Throw.

Way to mix two different trees together there, buddy. You must not know what you're talking about. Carnage doesn't use bleeds (if they're smart) and Annihilation doesn't have a root on Deadly Throw.

Forget the bleeds then. The marauder doesn't need them.

Now can you answer the question instead of ignoring it and trying to avoid the subject?

How does the sorc survive until his CC is ready? Or is this your way of saying, "there is no way to keep a marauder off of you with CC". Because I'm pretty sure they have their own CC to keep you close. The only way I can beat a marauder as a sorc is if they are underleveled AND undergeared. Otherwise, they take too little damage, do too much and there is nothing I can do to prevent it. Any CC I use is a temporary setback on a 30 to 60 sec cooldown. I'm lucky if I can survive long enough to use two knockbacks.

My vanguard, scrapper and juggernaut have no problems. I typically play tanks, but I'll be doing shadow for consular so I'm doing sorc for inquisitor. I'm betting I'll faceroll marauders as a shadow. It almost seems as if marauders get a damage bonus vs sorcs.

Edited by Dayshadow

Forget the bleeds then. The marauder doesn't need them.

Now can you answer the question instead of ignoring it and trying to avoid the subject?

How does the sorc survive until his CC is ready? Or is this your way of saying, "there is no way to keep a marauder off of you with CC". Because I'm pretty sure they have their own CC to keep you close. The only way I can beat a marauder as a sorc is if they are underleveled AND undergeared. Otherwise, they take too little damage, do too much and there is nothing I can do to prevent it. Any CC I use is a temporary setback on a 30 to 60 sec cooldown. I'm lucky if I can survive long enough to use two knockbacks.

My vanguard, scrapper and juggernaut have no problems. I typically play tanks, but I'll be doing shadow for consular so I'm doing sorc for inquisitor. I'm betting I'll faceroll marauders as a shadow. It almost seems as if marauders get a damage bonus vs sorcs.

So much ignorance in this last post.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.