Solo Queing is DEAD - horrible change went live

Zaodon

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will still solo queue. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

However I don't like the change, because I never leave warzones. It will be painful experience sometimes.

I don't leave WZs either but if 5 v 8s or worse becomes a common occurrence I certainly will. Two days ago on Alderaan I was in a 7 v 8 with one guy on our team (level 12 Marauder who'da guessed?) stood in one spot jumping up and down the whole time. Because of that it was actually a 6 v 8 and the game was actually very, very close!

Leaving wz will be come common play now with no shut down. I see a lot of players leaving now even with full team if there side is loosing. I can only bet those same players will be bailing even faster now.

I meen for goodness sakes who wants to waist their time being the kill count for an uneven match or stand far away because there is no chance of fighting let alone winning any thing. Stupid move. Thats my 2 credits worth.

i think this only affects low population server

my server has healthy population and i haven't seen a warzone shutdown due to players leaving

that means it should not affect me now

however if for some reason people start leaving warzone - this won't affect me either as i will just leave that warzone as well and it will eventually be 0 vs 8 (sucks for those 8 if they want to play, but at least they get a win)

They actually implemented this (already uninstalled the game so i can't see for myself)?

Wow.

I guess any game with Star-Wars in the name is destined to have a single update that becomes infamous in the history of MMO's for destroying the game.

I don't see a problem here. unless your population is so small you can barely sustain a WZ to begin with.

I don't believe it will affects Q's though ... people want their comms, even if they are getting roflstomped.

Edited by Obtena

Solo queuing = commendations, win or lose.

Commendations = gear since there's no more stupid RNG tokens.

Gear = pvp progression.

I fail to see the problem.

Also, no one is forcing you to stay. The deserter debuff is only for ranked warzones, which were removed from this patch.

Again, I fail to see the problem.

Edited by Kheg

Solo queuing = commendations, win or lose.

Commendations = gear since there's no more stupid RNG tokens.

Gear = pvp progression.

I fail to see the problem.

False.

Solo queueing = 5 v 8.

5 v 8 = no medals gained before match ends.

no medals = no valor, no comms, no credits.

No rewards = huge faction imbalance = SWTOR out of business in 30 days or less.

False.

Solo queueing = 5 v 8.

no medals = no valor, no comms, no credits.

No rewards = huge faction imbalance = SWTOR out of business in 30 days or less.

Solo queuing != 5v8. 5v8 happens because several people ignored the warzone queue they queued for.

If you're not getting ANY medals, even in a 5v8, you're doing it wrong.

Then again, the opposing faction isn't going to get any medals either.

False.

Solo queueing = 5 v 8.

This is the problem, your stuck being farmed. You can't even afk in the spawn your forced out kicking and screaming into the waiting arms of a battlemaster premade where you last about 2 seconds.

Had this happen on Alderran the other day, some of the imps had actually pulled themselves up into our spawn, get off the speeder and your insta-dead.

Boy, sounds like a sad day. No auto-shutdown, granted on my server it RARELY EVER shut down before people would fill it up. The no deserter debuff is more of a slap in the face because their whole purpose was to put a debuff on rated, but rated got canned so they just left it out completely.. it would be nice if they would have put the deserter debuff in at least. Then supposedly BM didn't get updated even if you had unmodded gear....

Now you know why they didn't release rated... if all these basic things got jacked then just imagine what rated must have been like to actually get yanked hours before patch release.

This is the problem, your stuck being farmed. You can't even afk in the spawn your forced out kicking and screaming into the waiting arms of a battlemaster premade where you last about 2 seconds.

Had this happen on Alderran the other day, some of the imps had actually pulled themselves up into our spawn, get off the speeder and your insta-dead.

You are insta-gibbed if you cross the top of the platform. There is a ledge with about a foot wide area that is safe... if you cross that you are instantly killed on enemy platforms. If they are waiting under the platform, well that is just good old fashion farming...

Solo queuing != 5v8. 5v8 happens because several people ignored the warzone queue they queued for.

If you're not getting ANY medals, even in a 5v8, you're doing it wrong.

Then again, the opposing faction isn't going to get any medals either.

1. Solo queuing is the only way to get 5 v 8. If you queue a group of 8 (which was the plan for 1.2 and got yanked), you wont have afks/ignore pop.

2. In 1.2, unlike previously, its a given you will get 0 medals if you are 5 v 8. This is different from pre-1.2. So, we're not doing it wrong, the game as changed and is preventing medal gains in 5 v 8 prior to match ending.

3. Claiming that no one gets medals is hardly a defense for a broken game change.

3. Claiming that no one gets medals is hardly a defense for a broken game change.

Even if true, which it isn't. The steam roller-er gets far more medals than the steam roll-ed, as of yesterday, and I doubt the dynamic has changed. If you smash their lines, repeatedly, the stragglers are just fodder.

Overall game play will depend on how often this keeps occurring.

Edited by SableShadow

It sounds like the OP is exactly who I will be happy to not see.

Solo q'ing is NOT dependent on the ability to whimsically quit with no consequences.

Try re-reading the OP. Warzones which start as 5 v 8 will no longer end after 120 secs, you'll be forced to stay or quit manually now.

Reading Comprehension is Important, Kids ! Stay in school !!!

My server has low population depending on what time of day it is. The Issues I had with WZ were not ever helped by them shutting down for low population. If you start out down 1 or 2 or heck if you dont start the game winning in the first minute. People leave, they are replaced with people form the cue and they quickly quit too. THAT sabotages the team and prevents a comeback from being possible. THAT is what they need to fix.