Slicing Lockbox Changes Intended?

lull

I was a very sad panda to see myself getting MAYBE 900 credits for a 1450 credit mission :(

Still, it does bring up the question why you guys didn't catch this in the PTS.:jawa_redface:

Thats how slicing has always worked for me, before the patch and after.

I was assuming its normal like that.

Edited by kaboro

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all, thank you for reports into this issue. We escalated this to the development team and after investigation, got confirmation that this was a bug.

It's being worked on now and a fix should be rolled out in a future patch. In the meantime, it'll be added to our known issues list.

First of all, thank you for taking the time to update us, Stephen. Needless to say, I'm relieved that the change to lockboxes is a bug and not an intentional alteration. I'm definitely looking forward to the day when I can run lockbox missions again without worrying about losing money 90% of the time.

That said, it's really not a good sign that it took this long for there to be any official word out of BioWare on this. I'm not trying to impugn either the community managers or the CSRs here - both of those groups have very difficult jobs, and I'm sure they all individually do their best to address all the issues that crop up effectively and efficiently. But for it to take two entire weeks for BioWare to get its act together and find out what was going on when an issue rendered one of the crew skills practically unusable is really discomfitting. Somewhere along the line there needs to be a process in place for addressing situations like this. Silence and incorrect information from the developer does nothing but alienate fans.

To whoever at BioWare (or, more likely, EA) is in charge of community outreach: We SWTOR players want nothing more than to give you our money in exchange for enjoying your game. Things like this only serve to put that relationship at risk. Work on getting a solution in place now, and you'll reap that rewards for the lifetime of your game.

Hey all, thank you for reports into this issue. We escalated this to the development team and after investigation, got confirmation that this was a bug.

It's being worked on now and a fix should be rolled out in a future patch. In the meantime, it'll be added to our known issues list.

Thanks! Glad to hear it is being looked into...hopefully, this won't take y'all long to fix..I know I've hardly done any slicing lately due to this bug!

I (and I imagine many others) greatly appreciate your response. Thank you.

Since we have received the desired response, would a moderator please close this thread?

Hello there!

Since the issue is indeed being worked on, and has been added to the Known In-Game Issues list, we will be happy to grant your request to close this thread. Again, thank you for your reports on this issue!