Merge all servers to 4 types, using as many shards per zone on each server type.

Nijraw

Just merge all servers to 4 types, add in a time zone clock that the player can set, east,west,exe.

For each zone that fills just keep adding more shards, shards hold 300 players at a time so you can have hundreds of shards per zone giving us the largest MMO servers in the history on MMO's creating the best MMO experience ever.

PvP

PvE

RP-PvE

RP-PvP

The Fatman server has proved that this is what players want and it can be done all you have to do is just link all the current servers under on name per type and link all there shards together to create the mega servers.

They do not have the technology to have a server farm for a complex MMO game. Maybe for google search sites yes, but not for a full blown MMO game.

They can do it, it's been done, EvE online back in 2003, the problem I think will be cost to maintain such mega servers but so what with servers like that more players will come and more money to support suck a task.

EvE Online had 60,000 players online at one time before.

Edited by Nijraw

But I love beeing almost alone all the time...noone stealing my quest-mobs, and all the scavanging-nodes are mine alone! :p

Shards per zone, so lets say you are on the Rep Fleet you could just join Rep Fleet 152 for example, zone shards have a maximum capacity, after a zone shard crosses that number a new zone is created.

The most I seen was on The Fatman, the IMP Fleet had 600 players the other night and Tyhon had like 300+ there was no lag at all on instance 2 on Tyhon due to sharding.

Edited by Nijraw

They aren't doing server mergers. Devs said so at PAX. However the good thing is the in 1.3 TRANSFERS are promised.

And speculation when 1.3 will be available? A) Asia/Pacific are getting transfers at the end of the month and B) Devs stated that their intended goal is to do month-to-month updates. So my guess on when we will be able to fix our ghosttown situation is mid-May at the earliest. Better grind out another 50 and unlock more legacy. Seriously there are 8 stories in this game pick a new one and grind, grind, grind.

Screw re-rolling to Fatman and starting from square 1. I'd rather grind a few alts out and wait for the Transfers.

Even if they don't use the Shards. Servers need to be combined to at LEAST give each server Standard population. PLEASE. Or at least give people the option for some Free character transfers to a populated server. It's killing a lot of lovers of the game.

it's been done

True, but that doesn't mean

They can do it

It's pretty obvious the current design doesn't allow for mega servers, otherwise they wouldn't have gone for the miniature ones we have now in the first place, would they.

No do the same for the Euro & Asia

and then again the same for German/French/English and Cantonese/Japanese/Korean as example ?

How about not.

Loads of people inside the eu/asia do not write/speak another language outside their own native tongue and want to clinge together. Even with a language pack for the client there will be the language barrier for playing with other players.

They need to merge all light/low standard servers. That should be sufficient.

They do not have the technology to have a server farm for a complex MMO game. Maybe for google search sites yes, but not for a full blown MMO game.

Errm... isn´t that how STO already works, and EvE, and it will be like that on Launch for TSW, and shortly later be implemented to AoC, so this is no rocket science anymore.

The biggest issue with this is the whole legacy system - not to mention character names. Server merges will never happen for sure just because of this. If I'm on server X with a legacy surname of Skywalker, and they merge my server with another where someone has the same surname, who gets it?

The shards option mentioned is slightly feasible, but again you'll run into the char first name/surname issue.

and then again the same for German/French/English and Cantonese/Japanese/Korean as example ?

How about not.

Loads of people inside the eu/asia do not write/speak another language outside their own native tongue and want to clinge together. Even with a language pack for the client there will be the language barrier for playing with other players.

/facepalm

There are 30 German servers -> merge

There are 16 French servers -> merge

There are whatnot English servers -> merge

and so on.

Think, then post.

Errm... isn´t that how STO already works, and EvE, and it will be like that on Launch for TSW, and shortly later be implemented to AoC, so this is no rocket science anymore.

Yep. Eve, Champions Online and Star Trek Online all have a single-server setup. SOE condensed DCUO into US and EU PvE and PvP servers.

The biggest issue with this is the whole legacy system - not to mention character names. Server merges will never happen for sure just because of this. If I'm on server X with a legacy surname of Skywalker, and they merge my server with another where someone has the same surname, who gets it?

The shards option mentioned is slightly feasible, but again you'll run into the char first name/surname issue.

None, Skywalker is flagged as against the TOS and if anyone should report that name it will be prompted with a forced rename.

On a more ontopic note :

but I predict indeed issues with not only legacy but also guild/char names.

Edited by Kirameki

Even if they don't use the Shards. Servers need to be combined to at LEAST give each server Standard population. PLEASE. Or at least give people the option for some Free character transfers to a populated server. It's killing a lot of lovers of the game.

Standard Population can be ok, but can be as bad as light.

I've seen both 50 and 150 on fleet giving server state standard.

For someone leveling, there's nothing good to have thousands of lvl 50's in the fleet waiting for pvp and pve and have none in the planets. Same happens in reverse. Having filled planets don't really helps the lvl 50's on the fleet.

Standard only seems good just before "dinging" to Heavy.

What I mean with all this is that focusing on light/standard/heavy tags don't really tells you how the server is in terms of general population.

Err, once again an American post ignoring the fact that the US is actually not the only country on the planet and the world is not actually flat....

Relax.

You'd be surprised, nay, shocked, at how many Americans are intelligent and rational. You just don't see us that much, because we're not filled with ridiculous rage and posting s*** spew all over the boards.

Edited by Degarmo

are you kidding they put the game on sale and the ignorant wow heads went on a frenzy of game is dieing i told you so festivals like there getting payed to post on everything the game does as a personal hate letter