So bad news for Warzone Hero.

Edgedy

Lets first base this information on the 'PTS' cost of Warzone Hero.

Chest 3200

Legs 2225

Head 2425

Gloves 2000

Boots 2000

Belts 1425

Bracers 1250

Ear 1425 +200 Warzone

Implant 1425 +200 Warzone

Offhand 3475

Mainhand 3475

Relic 1250 +200 Warzone

Relic 1250 +200 Warzone

Total 28250 Rated +1000 Warzone

Thats a total of 28250x3 for the 3:1 Warzone conversion, or :

84750 +1000 = 85750 Warzone Commendations.

On average a losing match is 50, and a winning match is around 100. (Probably closer to 60/90) so lets go with an average win amount of 75 per match.

1143.3_ matches.

25 matches a day thats approximately 45.73_ or 46 days of Warzones grinding.

Ouch. :p

If you thought the battlemaster grind was bad with tokens, get ready for hell. I just hope Bioware reduced the prices.

Thats for the unrated set.

Rated would be an additional 2905 Rated, or 8715 Warzone commendations.

(Approxiimately 51 days) The extra week isn't so bad for different color I suppose. Heh.

I think I prefer it when the warzone matches give the tokens because at least then it's only about 1-2 hours a day as opposed to 6 hours a day ;_;

Edited by Edgedy

Ranked warzones will come soon enough and then people who didn't get a full set will easily get it then.

IMO for now it's ok. Keeps you playing until RWZ comes ;)

Be ready to read much complain here on the forums from people who are not willing to grind yet and get beaten in ranked warzones when the come by people who did the grind.

Be ready to read much complain here on the forums from people who are not willing to grind yet and get beaten in ranked warzones when the come by people who did the grind.

The difference between BM and WH is about the same as difference between old BM and Champion. In fact it's not clear to me if the stats are even an upgrade looking at the charts on some sets. I mean of course the WH armor is going to be a bit stronger, but just like Champion characters can fight quite well against BM characters, I see no reason why BM characters can't fight WH characters. Most likely people will also quickly identify the best pieces for upgrade so the gap will be even less, since you'd just have to grind the few pieces that are definite upgrades and then slowly work your way through the sidegrade pieces.

On an average 'week' of PvP you'd complete the quest 16 times. (2 each day, and 2 weekly besides)

Out of those 16 you'd on average get 3 boxes with tokens with a total of 18 pieces an estimate of 4-5 weeks to get them all with about 3 hours a day, 7 days a week for a total of 21 hours, over 5 weeks is 147 hours total.

Now we're looking at on average 6 hours for 45 days, 270 total hours. Enjoy! (not counting the 'rated' new color appearances)

(Daily/weekly may adjust this, as I get more info I'll adjust the numbers accordingly)

Edited by Edgedy

What do you expect them to do? Put in the new gear and say you can buy it for 1 warzone comm a piece? Stop the QQ and quit if that's what you want to do. The rest of us will enjoy PvP for the fun of it and as a bonus get new gear after playing so much. Edited by Hartburn

Whatever BioWare will do: People will complain - that's what people do.

EDIT:

The players who will grind the gear I think they will deserve it in end result. Just look at the numbers people. Achievement unlocked: No Life :D

Edited by MelodicSixNine

Chest 3200

Legs 2225

Head 2425

Gloves 2000

Boots 2000

Belts 1425

Bracers 1250

Ear 1425 +200 Warzone

Offhand 3475

Mainhand 3475

Relic 1250 +200 Warzone

Relic 1250 +200 Warzone

On average a losing match is 50, and a winning match is around 100. (Probably closer to 60/90) so lets go with an average win amount of 75 per match.

1143.3_ matches.

If you thought the battlemaster grind was bad with tokens, get ready for hell. I just hope Bioware reduced the prices.

(Approxiimately 51 days) The extra week isn't so bad for different color I suppose. Heh.

I think I prefer it when the warzone matches give the tokens because at least then it's only about 1-2 hours a day as opposed to 6 hours a day ;_;

they think keeping this massive grind fest will keep players around, but the fact that 1.2 wont have ranked wz's...i can tell you a TON of people have already canceled their sub..not including the people who were playing healers rofl

No QQ here, just information.

As for the statement, Bioware has a successful game because it is *not* a grind, that is why people enjoy it and why they continue playing because it's inclusive. And everyone, even the casuals can benefit from the gaming systems.

(Not to say I wasn't one of the first to 50, valor 60 and battlemaster full set after about 4 weeks >.> and I'll likely be suffering through this grind, heh.)

Edited by Edgedy

Chest 3200

Legs 2225

Head 2425

Gloves 2000

Boots 2000

Belts 1425

Bracers 1250

Ear 1425 +200 Warzone

Offhand 3475

Mainhand 3475

Relic 1250 +200 Warzone

Relic 1250 +200 Warzone

1143.3_ matches.

i already posted in here...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=401741

but i just want to give some perspective...

even if it's going to take this long to get WH (doesn't matter), you are gaining a whopping

1.73% of bonus damage

1.14% of damage reduction

0.99% of healing boost

going from BM to WH... BIG DEAL!

the calculations above don't even account for

1) whatever dailies/weeklies you'll get comms from, and also

2) don't even account for decreased purchase prices if rateds are released prior to those 47 days... (rated purchase prices are 80% cheaper than buying with just ranked comms)

http://www.oldrepublic.net/438-1-2-pvp-war-hero-gear-requirements-old-commendations.html

play the game for fun not the "grind"

(FYI it took me 2 months to get full BM, i played with half champ/half BM the majority of that time and i did fine... if it takes 2 months to get WH, it'll be the exact same scenario...)

Edited by wessik

even if it's going to take this long to get WH (doesn't matter), you are gaining a whopping

1.73% of bonus damage

0.99% of healing boost

2) don't even account for decreased purchase prices if rateds are released prior to those 47 days... (rated purchase prices are 80% cheaper than buying with just ranked comms)

http://www.oldrepublic.net/438-1-2-pvp-war-hero-gear-requirements-old-commendations.html

(FYI it took me 2 months to get full BM, i played with half champ/half BM the majority of that time and i did fine... if it takes 2 months to get WH, it'll be the exact same scenario...)

This from someone that lives in a MMo's. Just a FYI i PVE to get gear. Like in all MMO's BUT you get PVP gear to PVP the real PVP starts after you get the gear not before. BW grind for PVP gear is just Ludicrous. real PVP is only happions when its = gear not before

Edited by Misspriss

This from someone that lives in a MMo's. Just a FYI i PVE to get gear. Like in all MMO's BUT you get PVP gear to PVP the real PVP starts after you get the gear not before. BW grind for gear if just Ludicrous. real PVP is only happions when its = gear not before

war hero gear has nothing to do with pve but cool story bro... :rolleyes:

the point of my previous post was that the "grind" is non existent because anyone can pvp with BM gear... WH gear IS NOT necessary, and for those that do have it don't get a massive boost from it anyways... so if you DON'T want to grind, you don't have to...

so ya, "real pvp" (according to your definition) is here now since gear is so easy to get now and basically your whole post has no real point and is off topic...

ps. still have huge icons over your head? :D

Edited by wessik

1.73% of bonus damage

0.99% of healing boost

Even a Korean Hardcore pvp'er would laugh at that...

the point of my previous post was that the "grind" is non existent because anyone can pvp with BM gear... WH gear IS NOT necessary, and for those that do have it don't get a massive boost from it anyways... so if you DON'T want to grind, you don't have to...

so ya, "real pvp" (according to your definition) is here now since gear is so easy to get now and basically your whole post has no real point and is off topic...

The "grind" is still there you have to get BM gear that's a grind. True WH is not must have but its better then BM gear hands down. The PVE part was to show that there is a diff in the PVE/PVP. So the PVP is not there if you have not grind all the BM gear. As i am sure not everyone has Bm gear on his or her alts and we play more then 1 toon. or most people do heal/dps/tank so on. You can only think of the way you play. Most of us would like to PVP with out a Hugh grind to what was valor 60. Now is a Ludicrous amount of games to get tokens to buy BM gear .Some where in the range of 800+ games . again we get gear to pvp not pvp to get gear that is the point and not off topic

What about people that buy the game today they have a grind that would be 20 games a day everyday for 2 months AFTER they hit 50 its just crazy

ps. still have huge icons over your head?

wessik still need your crutch?:eek:

Edited by Misspriss

He is Showing the difference of how PvE and PvP plays out.

Yes Real PvP does not start till you have Full WH gear.

Que up in LvL 45 Gear gear and see the difference. No matter what you say if X gear has more stats than W gear X is all ways better. Even in WoW rated you do not see high teams going for title and the mount in Greens, no they go GET the BEST PVP Gear In Weeks not Months THEN they go after the Titles and mounts. They are just making it take way to long to grind the gear. And some People not counting you Wessik Do HAVE LIVES out side of video games and do not Have all the Time in the World to play.

Just an update to my math, the weekly/daily quest of 99/99 are equivalent of 396 warzone commendations, or roughly 5 matches worth of commendations.

So 20 matches a day for 45 days for a full set + daily and weekly.

With the current nerf reward at a rate of 40-90 with an average of 65 per match. Lets hope they fix the 'losing' reward or it'll increase the grind even more.

Edited by Edgedy

OP math must be wrong at some point, because ive seen two guys with 3 WH non-rated pieces and its been a week since patch

The OP is basing this on 6 hours of playing a day. You will get the gear faster once you quit your job, break all ties with people in the real world and play 16+ hours a day. Red Bull, Monster and Mt. Dew fully support this.

The difference between BM and WH is about the same as difference between old BM and Champion. In fact it's not clear to me if the stats are even an upgrade looking at the charts on some sets. I mean of course the WH armor is going to be a bit stronger, but just like Champion characters can fight quite well against BM characters, I see no reason why BM characters can't fight WH characters. Most likely people will also quickly identify the best pieces for upgrade so the gap will be even less, since you'd just have to grind the few pieces that are definite upgrades and then slowly work your way through the sidegrade pieces.

Better itemization in bm to warhero tbh. More useful stats for sage this time round anyway.

Chest 3200

Legs 2225

Head 2425

Gloves 2000

Boots 2000

Belts 1425

Bracers 1250

Ear 1425 +200 Warzone

Offhand 3475

Mainhand 3475

Relic 1250 +200 Warzone

Relic 1250 +200 Warzone

1143.3_ matches.

I prefer it the way it is now, tokens were disgraceful. At least you know that you are guaranteed at item at the end of alot of pvp where as before you were not. I dont mind that it takes so long to grind, it gives those that are behind in gear terms a chance to catch up on battlemaster and be competitive.

He is Showing the difference of how PvE and PvP plays out.

Yes Real PvP does not start till you have Full WH gear.

Que up in LvL 45 Gear gear and see the difference. No matter what you say if X gear has more stats than W gear X is all ways better. Even in WoW rated you do not see high teams going for title and the mount in Greens, no they go GET the BEST PVP Gear In Weeks not Months THEN they go after the Titles and mounts. They are just making it take way to long to grind the gear. And some People not counting you Wessik Do HAVE LIVES out side of video games and do not Have all the Time in the World to play.

You will get the gear it will just take you longer than everyone else. If you have less time to play than others then it wil take you longer than those that have more time. I fail to see the problem here.

So the good news.

weeks with the new system.

100 for an average game.

60 being the low, 140 being the high.

28250 total rated war zone commendations.

84750 warzone commendations.

Each 'weekly' and daily quests gives 396 commendations a day, 3168 a week. Estimation of 4 weeks is 12, 672.

72, 078 commendations. Let us now assume that each match is 100.

A total of 720 matches approximately will be required to get all the gear.

30 days in a month.

24 matches a day for 30 days will be enough to get you a full suit of gear.

A slight improvement from the original of 25 matches for 45 days.

(Still based on a six hour play time model)

Edited by Edgedy