Getting heart broke here

Dustychild

I have grinded away at my champion gear and even went over a week without up grading to my armor to save enough champion comidation to but my main hand weapon. And was extreemly over whelmed with joy when in one of those bags was my off had token thing.

Now your telling me they are down grading it to blues that can be bought with credit?

After all that grinding?

Really a new 50 can just buy every thing i grinded to get?

PvP is a joke in this game ever since 1.1.5. The fact that they made it easy for fresh 50's to get decked out in PvP gear is the dumbest thing they could have done. I saw a 50 in greens and a few orange items with 44 mods in them and he had the war hero title. Not a single piece of centurion gear at the least equipped. Now think of all the people that had legit bm gear full sets or even half sets before they handed out welfare gear. Champ gear is nothing in that aspect. If things like this keep happening, swtor will die faster than rift did.

No, your Champ gear will still be the same as it is now.

The blue gear is different, has no mod slots, has no set bonus, has much lower base stats and more expertise.

The blue gear will be almost as good as full champ in PVP, but overall much worse for PVE.

champ is better than the recruit gear...

in a week of play, you can get full BM gear which will be way better than champ or recruit...

if you want a new "goal", dry your eyes, and mend your heart and aim for war hero gear...

:rolleyes:

Edited by wessik

No not the Centurian gear the champion the mid grade gear. I have not made valor 60 yet. Getting very very close.

But some of these thread are talking about buying champion gear and I am just lost after weeks of grinding for valor level and champion gear because i cant get BM gear yet. I am now reading you are going to be able to just buy it with credits. I hope its just the centurion gear they are talking about.

No not the Centurian gear the champion the mid grade gear. I have not made valor 60 yet. Getting very very close.

But some of these thread are talking about buying champion gear and I am just lost after weeks of grinding for valor level and champion gear because i cant get BM gear yet. I am now reading you are going to be able to just buy it with credits. I hope its just the centurion gear they are talking about.

ugh... just educate yourself here... yw

http://dulfy.net/2012/03/22/pvp-gearing-in-1-2/

There simply isn't enough endgame PvE content to get people to remain as subscribers. Two HM endgame PvE ops per WEEK just isn't going to do it. Thus BW came to the realization that they needed to get as many people as possible into endgame PvP.

To do that they decided to reduce all the barriers to entry into endgame PvP. Hence the elimination of grinding for Tier 1 PvP gear (now costs credits only). Hence the reduction of Tier 2 BM gear prices by over 80% (in wz equivalents). All of this is to push/incentivize players to get into endgame PvP.

You can debate whether or not this is fair to players that grinded their way War Hero before 1.15 (of which I am one). But this is about business. Business realities trump fairness. Every time.

It was not very hard to gring out centurian gear. It was pretty simple with weeklies and all. The Champion gear how ever sence i did not really start pvping until level 40 to up grade my armor. I was not level 60 valor so i had to grind out my Mid grade gear while building my valor level like many others. I dont see how any one could think getting centurian gear was hard. My Companions are decked out in it from all the extra centurian comidation i had.

It was the champion gear that was a grind to get. Mostly that main hand weapon. 123 champion comidation for it. at 7/bag. Thats 18 bags well 17. blaa blaa blaa. wich is 18 bags. That is just for the main hand weapon. Thats weekly or 6 bags and daily of 2 bags x 5 for 10 total and wz points for the reast. So it took a week to get just that one weapon almost. Let alone the other armor i did manage to get. Luckily I found my off hand weapon token in one of those 18 bags for my main hand weapon.

To get every one into high end pvp gear they could have just lowered the cost of the gear by half and not gotten rid of the tier 2 tears of centurion gear and champion gear.

Now that i am understanding better what every one is talking about.

Edited by Dustychild

"All that grinding" Lol, how do you think the people that grinded to get full BM with the broken RNG system feel? I didn't complete my BM set till v72. It's gonna be unbelievably easy to get now.

Oh no no no. I am not even going to compair the grind for BM to Champion gear. I could see the cost of those token of 1k wz and merc comidation and the need for 2 or 3 of those BM comidations. I know very well that is 4k wz comidations/bm comidation. So no i am not compairing the 2 grinds. I was both dreading and looking forward to that grind. How ever don't think i am comapiring the 2 grind I am not even close to that.

Edited by Dustychild

What's this QQ about? Gear? Everyone grinded it. If you think you wasted your time - what are you even doing playing a video game?

You should be happy that people will be on the semi same level as you in gear progression. They will give you more competition. Defeating recruits will give you more pleasure then pwning people with greens and no expertise blues ;) .

I've changed the server with half champ/half BM gear on my main and I ain't even mad.

Really a new 50 can just buy every thing i grinded to get?

I suspect that keeping the primary champion gear set pieces (chest, boots, etc) and buying the recruit off-parts (implant, belt, etc) will put you a big step above a fresh level 50 pvper. The champion pieces have less expertise, but they have a set bonus and are much better in the other stat department (aim, end, pow, etc). No set bonus for recruits. A combo of champ/recruit should balance quite well.

Also, not sure exactly how this is going to work, but the champion pieces have mods that can be ripped, so they might be useful for the new moddable orange gear coming out.