1.2 final patch notes?

DataBeaver

Are the final patch notes for 1.2 available anywhere? The PTS forum only has the initial notes plus updates, which makes it hard to see which of the initial changes are still in effect. The official patch notes page is still at 1.1.5e and the game updates page just has the marketing blurb for the update.

Hello everyone!

Patch notes will be available in both the launcher and on the site at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes. Expect to see these updated soon with information!

:ph_cheers:

Is that the Patented Soon, the Soon, or the actual accepted definition of soon.

I mean I Ask, because Patented Soon could mean anywhere from 4 to 6 weeks. The Soon, used by developers everywhere actually refers to any time prior to the end of the calender year, and the accepted definition of soon, is around 10 minutes from now.

Just asking.

Lol two weeks

Don't laugh. Considering all the other things both good and bad Blizzard has done that EA/Bioware has emulated, 'soon' could indeed mean anything. ;)

I just wish they had more reasonable downtimes on their servers. It is somewhat ridiculous that they bring down the servers at hours that are still somewhat prime time hours. I realize they do this as they take down all servers globally, but they really should break up the servers downtime by region and take them offline when the least amount of people play (generally after 3-4am) . That's one of the few things Blizzard does right that EA/Bioware are doing wrong. At least this time the website and forums are available. Time to go run some WSG I guess...

Is that the Patented Soon, the Soon, or the actual accepted definition of soon.

I mean I Ask, because Patented Soon could mean anywhere from 4 to 6 weeks. The Soon, used by developers everywhere actually refers to any time prior to the end of the calender year, and the accepted definition of soon, is around 10 minutes from now.

Just asking.

LOL this comment made me chuckle and its soo true!! ahh the life of a gamer. never get the true answers till 20 mins too late to matter.

My personal definition of soon has always depended on the big picture. For example, since the patch ends at 9 AM my time tomorrow, I would consider soon to be any time before then. If I had to guess, I would say 7 or 8ish AM EST, but I would be way off. All we know is they will be up by the time the maintenance finishes.

Very, very sketchy that they're holding back this information. My guess is that they pushed the patch forward by taking a lot of key elements, elements that they promised us at the guild summit, out of the patch. So instead of taking the needed amount of time to give us a fully completed patch, their going to rush it forward and give us the half-@ssed version with half the expected content. Good thing they didn't do that at launch...

Awwwwwwwwww, too soon?

"Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between BioWare and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, BioWare does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as BioWare will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."

My personal definition of soon has always depended on the big picture. For example, since the patch ends at 9 AM my time tomorrow, I would consider soon to be any time before then. If I had to guess, I would say 7 or 8ish AM EST, but I would be way off. All we know is they will be up by the time the maintenance finishes.

No no no....

If you are referring to several hours from now, you dont use soon. You say, sometime in the morning, or before the downtime is up, or another generic, vauge statement that implies more time than soon.

The accepted definition used by humans that see sunlight, eat food not characterized by its "cheese nachoness.", and have actual social interaction with real live, flesh and blood human beings, refers to a very small increment of time.

Now. Using the term soon doesnt actually depend on the big picture as you put it. It depends on the accepted increments of time. Since the accepted increments of time, are small (or else the term soon wouldnt be used), it correlates into minutes, not hours.

Some Time today correlates into hours.

Eventually correlates into days.

Who knows is pretty much anything beyond a month.

Soon I will click the submit button

Soon someone else will write another meaningless post like mine

Soon it will be evening

Soon it will be weekend

Soon it will be summer

Soon a new ice age will come

Soon the world will end

They must still need to edit them post implementation so they dont release patch notes that include something taken out at the last minute or unforseen problems post implementation is my guess.

But they already have egg on their face re:RWZs so just plod em up I say.